ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 208 of 341
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:26 AM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Indeed.....country ham :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:28 AM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Yes of course it is. Don’t none of you guys play Call of Duty?!

Never played that thing once on my life. Grand Son plays it FAR too much. Does combat in Viet Nam count? :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:55 AM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Indeed.....country ham :-)
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Pointer19 02:04 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Who can tell me what this guy is holding? Real? Factory? Custom creation?

I don't know... Would've been nice to be a guy blowing my savings on machine guns before the NFA was enacted. Never know when something more far-reaching will take its place! Buy, buy, buy.
[Reply]
tatorhog 02:22 PM 07-22-2020
Who can tell me what this guy is holding? Real? Factory? Custom creation?

Looks like a sweet home-brew over/under.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:30 PM 07-22-2020
Nope. I don't play any online games.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:34 PM 07-22-2020
Nope. Haven't played a video game in a decade? Other than chess; my gf likes to play.

Besides, I have real guns when I need some noise therapy.
[Reply]
ghak99 02:41 PM 07-22-2020
Guess I need to play more video games.

My experience with a Mac makes me believe it's an attempt to make sure at least one of the guns go off.
[Reply]
notorious 08:57 PM 07-22-2020
Guess I need to play more video games.

My experience with a Mac makes me believe it's an attempt to make sure at least one of the guns go off.
The Mac will probably malfunction and take out the shotgun with it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:31 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
A few points:

ALWAYS treat a gun as if its loaded. Always. Even if you just unloaded it and know it's unloaded.

Never point a gun at anything you're not prepared to put a bullet in. Again, even if it's unloaded.

Never put your finger on the trigger unless you are prepared to fire. Keep your trigger finger straight and pointed slightly up against the frame/slide until you are ready to shoot. This is especially important if you're drawing from a holster.

These rules are important for everybody to follow, not just beginners. Don't slack off after you develop a level of comfort and familiarity with handling a weapon. My Air Force buddy was shooting at the range one day with his boss, a security forces colonel and decorated combat veteran. The colonel put his finger on the trigger as he was drawing from a holster and shot himself in the leg. If somebody with that level of skill and training can fuck up like that, anybody can.

Remember, a gun is not a toy, or a prop. And all it takes is one careless mistake to change your life or somebody else's.

That being said, congratulations. You're definitely doing the the right thing.
Have already thought about all of those things.

Be aware. Be smart. Be disciplined.

I have seen too many shows, jokes and heard stories.

Trigger lock and box
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:42 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Have already thought about all of those things.

Be aware. Be smart. Be disciplined.

I have seen too many shows, jokes and heard stories.

Trigger lock and box
Skip the trigger lock unless you're putting the gun in long-term storage.

A quick-access small gun safe might be in order. Here's a few ideas, though I'm not recommending any of these specifically:
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-...-quick-access/
[Reply]
Frazod 01:07 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Skip the trigger lock unless you're putting the gun in long-term storage.

A quick-access small gun safe might be in order. Here's a few ideas, though I'm not recommending any of these specifically:
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-...-quick-access/
This. You need to remember, the time you will need to access your gun for real likely won't come with a warning. You'll probably be asleep, disoriented and suddenly pumped with adrenaline. You won't be thinking clearly. Not the time to be fucking around with a trigger lock. Or an external safety.

If you have kids, I understand the need in these times to have a quick access container. I'd get one with a thumb print lock. Again, fumbling around with a key, or trying to remember a combination in a life and death situation is bad.

I've been in this situation. I know my refrigerator incident has become something of a dumbass legend here, but what most people don't remember (or deliberately omit) is that I fired that errant shot AFTER I realized it was a false alarm, and tried to uncock the hammer of a revolver, which I had done without incident many times for decades previously. Thumb slipped off the hammer while the trigger was depressed - BOOM. That's the kind of shit you do when you're half asleep and freaked out. Had I grabbed the pistol instead of the revolver, it never would have happened. But when I was awakened by the burglar alarm at 5:00 a.m., I reached in the nightstand and grabbed the first gun my hand fell on - a revolver that shouldn't have been there in the first place. The rest, as they say, is history. Now I have one gun in my nightstand, a Glock with no hammer or external safety, outfitted with a light. It has one job. I don't even own a revolver now. And my 1911s with their hammers and external safeties stay in the safe.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:18 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This. You need to remember, the time you will need to access your gun for real likely won't come with a warning. You'll probably be asleep, disoriented and suddenly pumped with adrenaline. You won't be thinking clearly. Not the time to be ****ing around with a trigger lock. Or an external safety.

If you have kids, I understand the need in these times to have a quick access container. I'd get one with a thumb print lock. Again, fumbling around with a key, or trying to remember a combination in a life and death situation is bad.
A trigger lock on a weapon that you intend to use for HD is one of the best ways to get you/your loves ones killed/hurt/whatever. It takes several seconds under the best conditions to get the thing off, and as Frazod said, your brain probably isn't going to be functioning at peak performance when you'd have to do it. A trigger lock only makes the bad guy safer from you, no one else. Which is obviously not the intention.

If the gun must be secured from the curious, get a bedside/nightstand small gun safe like the ones in the link I gave above and store it in there along with a spare mag and some kind of light.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:12 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
A trigger lock on a weapon that you intend to use for HD is one of the best ways to get you/your loves ones killed/hurt/whatever. It takes several seconds under the best conditions to get the thing off, and as Frazod said, your brain probably isn't going to be functioning at peak performance when you'd have to do it. A trigger lock only makes the bad guy safer from you, no one else. Which is obviously not the intention.

If the gun must be secured from the curious, get a bedside/nightstand small gun safe like the ones in the link I gave above and store it in there along with a spare mag and some kind of light.

Yeah every time I buy a gun it comes with one. I try to give it away, but if I can't find anyone who wants it, it gets tossed. All my stuff has a round in the chamber and is ready to roll. Just like a digital camera, just point and shoot.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:30 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah every time I buy a gun it comes with one. I try to give it away, but if I can't find anyone who wants it, it gets tossed. All my stuff has a round in the chamber and is ready to roll. Just like a digital camera, just point and shoot.
I have all the boxes my pistols came with piled up in the den closet. Those stupid locks are still in the boxes.

And I also keep everything loaded/chambered - even the guns in the safe. Nothing quite so useless as an unloaded weapon.
[Reply]
Page 208 of 341
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258308 > Last »
Up