ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
Spokane Chief Fan 11:03 AM 03-02-2020
RIP
[Reply]
Hydrae 11:13 AM 03-02-2020
Such sad news to start the week. RIP to a great poster!

Should we start a Hall of Remembrance for those we have lost over the years?
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:20 AM 03-02-2020
Major bummer. Loved his food posts. Never met him in person but I wish I had. Glad he got to see KC hoist the Lombardi.
[Reply]
RickObie 11:20 AM 03-02-2020
RIP!!!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:33 AM 03-02-2020
DAMN.

Rock In Peace, brother.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:35 AM 03-02-2020
Prayers sent to his family...
[Reply]
Sorry 11:36 AM 03-02-2020
Didn’t he have a killer pasta recipe? Rip
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:38 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Didn’t he have a killer pasta recipe? Rip
It was chili. He wouldn’t share it with anybody
[Reply]
Lzen 11:43 AM 03-02-2020
Well, that sucks. I guess I never had a lot of interaction with him but I knew that he was a long time regular. Seemed like a decent guy. Anybody know exactly how old he was? Sounds like he was my age or a little younger. Dang! Diabetus that young? :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:58 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Diabetus that young? :-)
Adult Onset/Type II Diabetes can be reversed with diet, exercise and mild medication.

FMB had Type I Diabetes, which is completely different and at this point in time, cannot be cured.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:06 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Adult Onset/Type II Diabetes can be reversed with diet, exercise and mild medication.

FMB had Type I Diabetes, which is completely different and at this point in time, cannot be cured.
How does type one actually kill someone that young?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:11 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
How does type one actually kill someone that young?
Many sufferers of Type Diabetes are diagnosed at birth because their pancreas stops making (or some cases, never made) insulin. FMB was on kidney dialysis for quite some time but that doesn't reverse anything, it just allows the patient to live a bit longer.

There's no known cure for reversing the effects of Diabetes Type I and unfortunately, most sufferers die at an early age but usually not before having body parts amputated, as did FMB.

Mikey12345 had Type I Diabetes and after multiple amputations, died as well.

It's a terrible, terrible disease.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:14 PM 03-02-2020
The pancreas stops making insulin. FMB was on kidney dialysis for quite some time but that doesn't reverse anything, it just allows the patient to live a bit longer.

There's no known cure for reversing the effects of Diabetes Type I and unfortunately, most sufferers die at an early age but usually not before having body parts amputated.

Geez man, that really sucks... I feel awful for him and his wife now a widow at such a young age
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:14 PM 03-02-2020
Many sufferers of Type Diabetes are diagnosed at birth because their pancreas stops making (or some cases, never made) insulin. FMB was on kidney dialysis for quite some time but that doesn't reverse anything, it just allows the patient to live a bit longer.

There's no known cure for reversing the effects of Diabetes Type I and unfortunately, most sufferers die at an early age but usually not before having body parts amputated, as did FMB.

Thanks, Dane. I remember Mikey had Type 1 as well. That shit is awful......
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:17 PM 03-02-2020

Dialysis just mechanically replaces kidney function after the disease killed the kidneys.

My grandpa was in it for 9 years. He had a kidney removed with cancer and then later the other one quit. It’s pretty hard on the body.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up