ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 328
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 07:22 AM 05-11-2018
The Royals released Seth Maness yesterday.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2018/5/...y-11-2018-smb3
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:46 AM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Soler now 12th in OPS. Maybe on his way to being the best position player since Brett?
You might want to pump the brakes just a little bit. lol
[Reply]
RockChalk 07:51 AM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
What??? 37 games isn't a big enough sample size for you?

I mean, Patrick Mahomes had one pretty good start against a terrible Denver team who happened to bench most of their good players, yet 75% of this board would enshrine him into the HOF today.

Calculated, well thought-out, rational takes aren't exactly a hallmark of CP. :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:00 AM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Just going off potential and early performance. Also the standard isnt THAT high. Gordo, Dye, and Cain all solid 3-4 year runs but we arent talking all time baseball greats
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:01 AM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
What??? 37 games isn't a big enough sample size for you?

I mean, Patrick Mahomes had one pretty good start against a terrible Denver team who happened to bench most of their good players, yet 75% of this board would enshrine him into the HOF today.

Calculated, well thought-out, rational takes aren't exactly a hallmark of CP. :-)
Bookmarkimg this Mahomes.take.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:26 AM 05-11-2018
Just going off potential and early performance. Also the standard isnt THAT high. Gordo, Dye, and Cain all solid 3-4 year runs but we arent talking all time baseball greats
Right now I'd say he's more likely to be Danny Tartabull.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:42 AM 05-11-2018
Ha. Listen man, I'm just as excited about the Mahomes era as anyone and I think he's going to win us a Super Bowl at some point. But there are a lot of people on here who think he's a surefire HOF based off of one start. So again, I'll maintain that educated, rational takes aren't exactly a staple of CP.

FTR, I'm excited about Soler's start to the season as well. Definitely flashing the potential that GMDM saw in him.
[Reply]
Bufkin 09:39 AM 05-11-2018
Mahomes is going to be a major bust and will not be a starting quarterback after his rookie contract. You can take that to the bank and make copies.

But yeah, I’m loving this Soler performance.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:59 AM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
Mahomes is going to be a major bust and will not be a starting quarterback after his rookie contract. You can take that to the bank and make copies.

I'll throw a $100 at that bet.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:04 AM 05-11-2018

just who do you think they will start in his place? this team has never shown any brilliance in the QB selection. I also feel like Mahomes probably isn't the savior he's made out to be, but we'll see him starting for a couple of years regardless.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:07 AM 05-11-2018
Soler now 12th in OPS. Maybe on his way to being the best position player since Brett?
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.... he has what 6 weeks of good numbers? Sometimes guys play good baseball for stretches. It is very encouraging, to be sure.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:16 AM 05-11-2018
Ha. Listen man, I'm just as excited about the Mahomes era as anyone and I think he's going to win us a Super Bowl at some point. But there are a lot of people on here who think he's a surefire HOF based off of one start. So again, I'll maintain that educated, rational takes aren't exactly a staple of CP.

FTR, I'm excited about Soler's start to the season as well. Definitely flashing the potential that GMDM saw in him.
What do you hate all things KC?
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:35 AM 05-11-2018
how much you willing to put on that?
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:58 AM 05-11-2018
What do you hate all things KC?
Huh? I don't hate anything KC
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:20 PM 05-11-2018
Huh? I don't hate anything KC
Just giving you shit
[Reply]