ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)
Simply Red 02:22 PM 03-18-2018
Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)

I have great memories of this place. Those plastic army figures encapsulated inbetween booths inside translucent plastic casing, swimming in sand (few will remember those)

We had one on 7-hwy.

Feel free to discuss Taco Via as well, here.

If you're from the Joplin/Carthage area or SE Kansas, maybe discuss Taco Town?

I was reminded of these places when I ate at Del Taco yesterday (here in Atlanta) and noticed they served fries w/ Tacos and offerend Burgers on their menu.

Del Taco was very good - nothing like the crap it once was when it left the Atlanta Burbs in the mid nineties - this 'new' one just opened. They're back w/ a new menu and attitude! - DelTacoReviewBrah

[Reply]
Simply Red 09:22 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Yes.
there was one on Noland Road - here's a retro photo of Noland, while I'm at it. :-)

[Reply]
Bugeater 09:22 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
No fucking bueno.
[Reply]
chinaski 09:26 PM 03-18-2018
There are regional differences in authentic Mexican cuisine as well. Southern Mexican food is different than Northern Mexican food etc.

Most People in the USA are used to eating Americanized variations of food from Northern Mexico...

Lots of great Mexican food here in SOCAL, but I’ve had shitty Mexican food here as well. Just like anywhere else I suppose.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:48 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm a pretty big Texas Tom's (Linwood Ave) fan. I moved nearby in my early 20's and hit it late at night or when skating through midtown during the day. I also had a buddy that lived over by KC Med and we'd hit the one on Rainbow before they converted it into a bar named Downings (2000 I think; awesome place) which was ultimately leveled and developed into apts. Things the Linwood location excelled at were their piping hot tots and tenderloin sandwich.

I came back to KC in Feb 2017 for a funeral after the Linwood location reopened after many years of being closed and drunken Hasselhoff'd a late night Texas Tom's (Linwood) session inside the Holiday Inn downtown. I snapped a pic by hotel desk light to capture the moment. Tenderloin sandwich, burrito, tots, and that taco sauce (not as good as Via's).

It's been a good decade or so.

I want to have a tenderloin now...
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:52 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
It's been a good decade or so.

I want to have a tenderloin now...
i'd probably do mustard on my pork tenderloin.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:54 PM 03-18-2018
Betty's Fried Chicken in Blue Springs used to have a nice pork tenderloin sandwich.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:55 PM 03-18-2018
I understand it's not Betty's anymore - I think a sister or another family member took it over, the quality isn't as good - but it's still worth the trip - according to my parents. It's off of 40 Hwy and like inbetween 15th and 16th cross streets
[Reply]
chinaski 10:07 PM 03-18-2018
Is there still Checkers in KC? I remember there used to be one on 23rd street (I think) in Independence.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:14 PM 03-18-2018
Texas Toms at Independence Avenue was a regular stop back in the day.
Before or after you got a gum job?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:17 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Before or after you got a gum job?
After.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:18 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Is there still Checkers in KC? I remember there used to be one on 23rd street (I think) in Independence.
I don't recall any there - but I've been back only about 7 times since 1992 so yeah - we do have Checkers here in Atlanta - they're only so, so (if that) If you're lucky to get it good and fresh - they're not even as decent as Sonic.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:24 PM 03-18-2018
I don't recall any there - but I've been back only about 7 times since 1992 so yeah - we do have Checkers here in Atlanta - they're only so, so (if that) If you're lucky to get it good and fresh - they're not even as decent as Sonic.
Really? Maybe I'm thinking of 'Rally's', but those mini burgers were pretty bomb and they had good seasoned fries.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:30 PM 03-18-2018
Really? Maybe I'm thinking of 'Rally's', but those mini burgers were pretty bomb and they had good seasoned fries.
Ok here's my thing w/ Checkers - In the late nineties they were really good burgers. Then they became really unfresh tasting - as if they were under a lamp or a heating device for many minutes then they'd just toast a bun and you'd get what you got.

When fresh - I'm sure they're still decent - but the last two times I gave them a shot (over the last two years) - I could hardly eat it. The fries were always good though, for sure.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:31 PM 03-18-2018
i'd probably do mustard on my pork tenderloin.
Mayo, fancy fucking mayo/aioli if you got it.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:33 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Before or after you gave a gum job?

FYP
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up