ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Carson Wentz
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-01-2024
Woah

Just in: The #Chiefs are signing veteran QB Carson Wentz, per @Schultz_Report. A new backup to Patrick Mahomes. pic.twitter.com/hAI4F9NADS

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) April 2, 2024

#Chiefs signed Carson Wentz as backup 1-year deal, per sources.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 2, 2024

[Reply]
jettio 11:14 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Nick Wright today said he thinks this is a reason they liked Wentz. He will do the sneaks and goal line. I love this idea. With his size imagine if the Chiefs could be something like the Eagles on those plays.
Chiefs are not going to take Mahomes off the field for goal line. Chiefs fuck up on telegraphed run plays into the pile early in the season when they want to keep some concepts off film, but Chiefs convert more than most when they run a creative play.

Mahomes is too competitive to go along with being taken out of play so that Wentz could run a QB sneak and Andy Reid understands Mahomes leadership and personality.
[Reply]
seamonster 09:23 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Great back up option.
I watched every Carson Wentz start in 2022. He's the worst QB I've seen since Jamarcus Russel. He moved like Morten Anderson playing QB and brought chaos. He got benched for Taylor Heinicke for most of the year. When they gave him one last start (with the playoffs on the line thanks to Taylor Heinicke) his stat-line was 12-16 for 123 yards. Matt Castle had never looked as bad as what I witnessed from Carson Wentz. And thats with Gibson, Mclaren, a stud rookie wide-receiver, a serviceable tight-end and a good running back. Chiefs got scammed. He'll be more focused on turkey hunting intel than Andy Reids work-of-art playbooks.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:55 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
Chiefs are not going to take Mahomes off the field for goal line. Chiefs **** up on telegraphed run plays into the pile early in the season when they want to keep some concepts off film, but Chiefs convert more than most when they run a creative play.

Mahomes is too competitive to go along with being taken out of play so that Wentz could run a QB sneak and Andy Reid understands Mahomes leadership and personality.
The Chiefs already have play calls in short yardage/goal line when Kelce or McKinnon line-up at QB and Mahomes lines-up at WR as a decoy.

Put Wentz in the line-up for these type of plays and you have someone who can QB sneak it or throw it.

Pretty sure Mahomes would be okay with that, since the Chiefs have already been running these type of plays.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:37 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Chiefs already have play calls in short yardage/goal line when Kelce or McKinnon line-up at QB and Mahomes lines-up at WR as a decoy.

Put Wentz in the line-up for these type of plays and you have someone who can QB sneak it or throw it.

Pretty sure Mahomes would be okay with that, since the Chiefs have already been running these type of plays.
Might be ok when up 14 but close game, playoff..not a chance he leaves the field.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:37 AM 04-04-2024

It’s Thursday, but it feels like Wentzday‼️ pic.twitter.com/rgVF1BJQAF

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 4, 2024

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:09 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Just once I want to see Wentz line up at QB and pass the ball to Mahomes who is lined up at WR. Mahomes throws the ball to a streaking Hollywood on the side of the field.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:17 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Just once I want to see Wentz line up at QB and pass the ball to Mahomes who is lined up at WR. Mahomes throws the ball to a streaking Hollywood on the side of the field.
Oh, I am sure there are already plenty of things in the works rolling through Andy’s giant brain.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:52 AM 04-04-2024

"It's the winning culture...I've admired it for years."

Carson Wentz spoke about why he wanted to sign with the Chiefs this morning. pic.twitter.com/PkQUeqb3tU

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 4, 2024

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:10 PM 04-04-2024
Sir Carson Wins, now
[Reply]
bdj23 12:51 PM 04-04-2024
Crazy to think that the backup was drafted hire than Mahomes
[Reply]
Pinchshot 05:42 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
I watched every Carson Wentz start in 2022. He's the worst QB I've seen since Jamarcus Russel. He moved like Morten Anderson playing QB and brought chaos. He got benched for Taylor Heinicke for most of the year. When they gave him one last start (with the playoffs on the line thanks to Taylor Heinicke) his stat-line was 12-16 for 123 yards. Matt Castle had never looked as bad as what I witnessed from Carson Wentz. And thats with Gibson, Mclaren, a stud rookie wide-receiver, a serviceable tight-end and a good running back. Chiefs got scammed. He'll be more focused on turkey hunting intel than Andy Reids work-of-art playbooks.
Ok Debbie
[Reply]
New World Order 05:43 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!
[Reply]
carcosa 05:43 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Sir Carson Wins, now
Yoooooo
[Reply]
ping2000 06:24 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Crazy to think that the backup was drafted hire than Mahomes
I want this added to the Chiefsplanet lexicon.

Hire: The balloon floated hire and hire.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:12 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by ping2000:
I want this added to the Chiefsplanet lexicon.

Hire: The balloon floated hire and hire.
Hire and hire, baby. It's a livin thing
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up