ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 158
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 08:31 PM 01-24-2021
Second straight Super Bowl win incoming.

Time to send old man Brady out to pasture.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:33 PM 01-26-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:37 PM 01-26-2021

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:39 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It was also interesting to watch Brady play Suttons defense. Totally different concept. Not many teams can pull this off but we managed to frustrate him by sitting back in coverage where he sat in the pocket for an eternity struggling to find open receivers. Obviously getting front 4 pressure without blitzing helps. But I'll be curious to see how much you dial up pressure and how much you just sit back in coverage. Like mahomes, hes not an easy guy to blitz.
We just blitzed the best QB vs. the blitz 27 times or whatever they said on the broadcast. And made him look pretty bad.

I have no doubt that Spags, who has always blitzed brady at a high rate, will bring heat in a variety of ways and often. Especially if the offense puts up a 2-score lead. Spags is a true riverboat gambler.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:44 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:46 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I was just going to say... he looked very indecisive and slow in that game.

Opting to throw into double coverage instead of running for the TD is 3rd string QB bad.... plus a few times he didn't feel the pressure.
Yeah, that was a little surprising as well. He seemed unaware of the rush several times until it was just too late. Patrick has always been really good at feeling pressure (sometimes too good) and finds ways to escape 99% of the time. Rodgers, who I usually thought of as similar in that regard, just didn't have that feel on Sunday.

But Gb overall didn't seem to have a quick passing game that could rival KC's, which is surprising considering who we're talking about.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:56 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We just blitzed the best QB vs. the blitz 27 times or whatever they said on the broadcast. And made him look pretty bad.

I have no doubt that Spags, who has always blitzed brady at a high rate, will bring heat in a variety of ways and often. Especially if the offense puts up a 2-score lead. Spags is a true riverboat gambler.
It wasn't just the blitz. It was the fake blitzes and the confusion they brought.

Plus the front four was very good - Chris Jones dominated even when they didn't blitz.

We'll see a bit different strategy in this one. You're not going to fool Brady a bunch with blitz looks. With the Bills, they'd show blitz and then drop back. With Brady, they'll just bring it and hit him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:01 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The argument could be made that Aaron wrecked himself. Skipping the bit where he missed wide open receivers, made poor decisions, and so forth, his cardinal sin was simply holding the ball way too long. He knew that for most of the game, especially with his best OL out (LT), he'd have to get rid of the ball pretty quickly. And yet he continuously held the ball far longer than necessary looking for deep shots to Adams. And that was his other issue: trying to force feed Adams. He missed a sure TD to Lazard early, trying to stuff it into Adams, and then tried to force another ball to Adams late, when he could've run for another TD. Or at least gotten inside the 5-yard line, which would've given them 4th-and-2 or so, and maybe LaFleur goes for it at that point.

Andy and Patrick will scheme and execute a gameplan that gets the ball out of Patrick's hands quickly. And they have two weeks to figure out how to get the ball downfield.
Beat me to it.

We already beat this team with a makeshift line. Yeah, now we're missing Fisher but the fact remains - we CARPET BOMBED this team at their house, with a makeshift line.

Worrying about Tampa is silly.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:34 PM 01-26-2021
Baldys breakdowns :-)

[Reply]
Bake51 05:40 PM 01-26-2021
We won 27-24 in their house and got outscored 24-10 after the first quarter. This while tampa was not clicking like they are now. I guarantee Hill won't be going off for 200 yards in the first quarter either.

I think the people thinking this is going to be a blowout or an easy win is very mistaken. I think this is going to be a very good super bowl to watch.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:57 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I will agree with this.

The pressure from Tampa comes almost exclusively from the edges and blitzing White.

We aren’t talking about 4 guys along the DL capable of getting 3 sacks in game on their own like the 49ers had.

Vea's return changes the dynamics in the middle of the lines.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:59 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bake51:
We won 27-24 in their house and got outscored 24-10 after the first quarter. This while tampa was not clicking like they are now. I guarantee Hill won't be going off for 200 yards in the first quarter either.

I think the people thinking this is going to be a blowout or an easy win is very mistaken. I think this is going to be a very good super bowl to watch.
Here we fucking go again... :-)

Nobody thinks this is going to be an easy win.

But why should we be SCARED of a team that we already beat while on cruise control for 3 quarters?

This is same stupid fucking dance we did with Browns fans and Bills fans. Nobody thinks the Chiefs are going to waltz into Raymond James and destroy the Buccaneers.

But when people say the Tampa pass rush is "scary" and stupid shit like that, of course we're going to respond. The Kansas City Chiefs aren't SCARED of any team, at all, not even the mighty Tom Brady.
[Reply]
Kman34 01-26-2021, 06:08 PM
This message has been deleted by Kman34.
CasselGotPeedOn 06:17 PM 01-26-2021

We? :-)

Yeah right.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:30 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Vea's return changes the dynamics in the middle of the lines.
He will have very little impact on their pass rush. We’re not worried about running the football.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:34 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He will have very little impact on their pass rush. We’re not worried about running the football.
He collapses the pocket on passing downs if not focused on. If focused on, he frees up the outside rush.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:35 PM 01-26-2021

Actually "we" were toying with that Bucs defense and left three td's on the field with the Kelce missed throw to Mahomes, Mahomes fumble in the redzone and Hardman dropping the ball when running away from the defense. Out of those three chances we ended up with three points from a possible TWENTY-ONE!!..and yet we still put 27 on the board despite all that.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 158
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up