ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Media Center>The Last of Us Part 2
Sure-Oz 02:48 PM 09-24-2019
Yes....I'm ready someone add the trailer... Release date below.

@Naughty_Dog: The Last of Us Part II launches 02.21.2020.

Watch our new trailer, learn about our Collector’s and Ellie Editions, and more: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...ruary-21-2020/ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/stat...079938/video/1

The Last of Us Part II – Release Date Reveal Trai…: https://youtu.be/II5UsqP2JAk
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 12:58 PM 06-20-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Got to Seattle Day 2. It’s getting better, definitely starting to see Naughty Dogs penchant for in depth story telling, but there has been a good amount of filler, some good, some unnecessary. I’m 7.5 hours in and I feel like they’ve padded a good amount already. Molotovs are still the get out of jail free card, silencer on the pistol gives you a ranged one shot silent kill which is nice, I miss the bow and arrow and nail bombs from the first one, but maybe they’ll show up down the line.
That's where I just got to. It definitely gets better towards the end of Day 1. That museum bit...
[Reply]
Gravedigger 04:29 PM 06-20-2020
They make it really hard not to kill dogs in this game. Those dogs on normal seek you out so quick you don’t have much time to gather your thoughts or scavenge for extra items efficiently. The sad part is that all the dogs come with an owner bad guy and if you pop the owner bad guy without hurting the dog, the dog will then whine like you just killed their owner of ten years. It’s sad either way.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 08:02 PM 06-20-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
They make it really hard not to kill dogs in this game. Those dogs on normal seek you out so quick you don’t have much time to gather your thoughts or scavenge for extra items efficiently. The sad part is that all the dogs come with an owner bad guy and if you pop the owner bad guy without hurting the dog, the dog will then whine like you just killed their owner of ten years. It’s sad either way.
Yeah, I try to set proximity mines and then run away so I don’t have see it lol
[Reply]
dmahurin 07:32 AM 06-22-2020
I bow and arrow the dogs as soon as I see them. Id rather deal with a human NPC running around looking for me than those fucking dogs. Plus the handler usually takes a few seconds to what happened and checks on the dog before going full alert mode. If quick enough you can get a second arrow out and kill the human before they become an issue.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:07 AM 06-22-2020
So this game looks great and is very high end......so why is everyone losing their mind about it being awful?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:37 AM 06-22-2020
So is this only on console, or can you get it for PC?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:38 AM 06-22-2020
I get it this week. Friend of mine spoiled me on something which I had a feeling might happen based on trailers I saw but still pissed a bit.

Hope to play this weekend
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:55 AM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So this game looks great and is very high end......so why is everyone losing their mind about it being awful?
From what I understand, there are a few reasons.

Some people are pissed about Joel. A lot of people were pissed about the red wedding in GoT, too. It doesn't make it a bad story, but you can understand why it might make some people angry.

Some people are unsatisfied with the ending. They didn't get the vengeance they wanted for the anger they felt about point 1.

Some people thought the story in general was ham-fisted and disjointed. I dunno, I haven't played it.

Some people think that the first game was great because in this brutal world, the story was somewhat hopeful. And this game is relentless in its depression.

Some people were pissed because Sony and Naughty Dog went apeshit with false copyright strikes on youtube, twitter, etc. Getting people banned and their content taken down who did nothing more than report that the leaks existed. A corporation with a buttload of money and lawyers on retainer filed false claims against independent creators, and basically had the attitude of "There's nothing you can do about it."

Some people are skeptical that this game is really deserving of the boatload of 10/10 reviews from access media. It might be a good game, but is it really one of the best games of all time?

Some people are just butthurt about everything in life.

I'm looking at this from an outside perspective because it is kinda interesting. I doubt it deserves the review bomb from users, but I can understand that people were pissed about a lot of things, particularly the false copyright strikes. I also doubt it's one of the best games of all time. That's why I'm interested in hearing what people here have to say, after they have finished the game.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:15 AM 06-22-2020
A lot of the stuff I've seen boiled it down to, gamers are mad they weren't given the story they wanted so they are bitching.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:22 AM 06-22-2020
A lot of the stuff I've seen boiled it down to, gamers are mad they weren't given the story they wanted so they are bitching.
That is definitely a pretty big section of it. Does that make them wrong? They don't like the story, the game is pretty story focused, thus they don't like the game.

They have the right to not like it and voice their opinion about that.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:32 AM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
That is definitely a pretty big section of it. Does that make them wrong? They don't like the story, the game is pretty story focused, thus they don't like the game.

They have the right to not like it and voice their opinion about that.
It's one thing to not like the story it's another to say it's SJW bullshit.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:44 AM 06-22-2020
It's one thing to not like the story it's another to say it's SJW bullshit.
Some people are saying that, sure. It's also pretty disingenuous for people to lump everyone who dislikes the game into the category of "bigots who don't want diversity." And I'm seeing plenty of that sentiment , too.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:45 AM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Some people are saying that, sure. It's also pretty disingenuous for people to lump everyone who dislikes the game into the category of "bigots who don't want diversity." And I'm seeing plenty of that sentiment , too.
I generally give Naughty Dog the benefit of the doubt as they're pretty solid. But the weird reaction to this game is something I didn't expect.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:52 PM 06-22-2020
I'm just dropping in to say holy fuck, this game is incredible. I've avoided all spoilers including anything that looks spoilery in this thread, and it's been such a delightful surprise. I'm close to finishing the first day in Seattle, and I love the open level nature of the game. It's open enough to feel like a city, but still has the polish and narrative we're used to from Naughty Dog. The internet outrage can cram it up the cram hole.
[Reply]
dmahurin 03:01 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
I'm just dropping in to say holy fuck, this game is incredible. I've avoided all spoilers including anything that looks spoilery in this thread, and it's been such a delightful surprise. I'm close to finishing the first day in Seattle, and I love the open level nature of the game. It's open enough to feel like a city, but still has the polish and narrative we're used to from Naughty Dog. The internet outrage can cram it up the cram hole.

I feel the exact same way.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up