Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Doctor Sleep
Bowser 04:00 PM 06-13-2019
Sequel to The Shining-

[Reply]
vailpass 05:04 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The Shining is easily my all time favorite horror movie, but I honestly thought the trailers looked like shit and it also did poorly at the box office iirc... thanks to you folks I’m rethinking my stance and will pick it up friday
I too am a big Shining fan, and all things old Steven King. This movie is NOT a sequel to the Shining really so much as it is a look at where Danny Torrance ended up. If you don't go into it comparing it to The Shining you have a chance to like it. Just my $.02
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:11 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I too am a big Shining fan, and all things old Steven King. This movie is NOT a sequel to the Shining really so much as it is a look at where Danny Torrance ended up. If you don't go into it comparing it to The Shining you have a chance to like it. Just my $.02
Somewhat true. That last 30 minutes....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:32 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Somewhat true. That last 30 minutes....
Yeah, can’t really go into details without spoilers.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:05 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
The Haunting of Hill House was one of the best series I've seen on Netflix.
Agreed
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:42 PM 07-28-2020
Watched it last night. Better than i thought it was going to be. Yes, it changes the context of the first movie. If you're a Stephen King fan you'll enjoy this IMO. Has all the hallmarks of King's weird quirkiness. Though i did feel like the ending was a little hollow. It just kinda happened and then it was over.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:21 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Watched it last night. Better than i thought it was going to be. Yes, it changes the context of the first movie. If you're a Stephen King fan you'll enjoy this IMO. Has all the hallmarks of King's weird quirkiness. Though i did feel like the ending was a little hollow. It just kinda happened and then it was over.
Yep, agree with all of this... a very good movie that could’ve been great, the acting and multiple well done winks and nods to the Shining really saved it

It even goes there with “adrenochrome”, not bad
[Reply]
vailpass 08:50 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
A King story with a weak ending? No way. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up