ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04:43 PM 07-17-2020
I thought I saw a thread for this but I can’t find it. Anyone playing? I’m only a few hours in but it just might be a damn masterpiece. Might have the best graphics I’ve seen on consoles, too.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:04 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
I thought I saw a thread for this but I can’t find it. Anyone playing? I’m only a few hours in but it just might be a damn masterpiece. Might have the best graphics I’ve seen on consoles, too.
I'm gonna wait til the next console comes out. Game looks promising though.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:13 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
I've seen GoT compared to Ubisoft style games. Do you agree?

Also, in Assassin's Creed, there are always "follow" stealth missions where you have to follow someone through a crowd and listen to their conversation. If you get too far away or are spotted, it's an insta-fail. I fucking hate these missions. Can you tell me if you ever do this in GoT?

I've read a lot about this game and I'm definitely going to get it eventually, however I purchased TLOU2 at full price release day so I'm waiting to get Ghosts on sale.

I also saw the digital foundry review and the fps on base PS4 isn't locked at 30fps. Are you playing on base ps4 or a pro? If you're on the OG, has the framerate been distracting?
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 10:51 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
I've seen GoT compared to Ubisoft style games. Do you agree?

Also, in Assassin's Creed, there are always "follow" stealth missions where you have to follow someone through a crowd and listen to their conversation. If you get too far away or are spotted, it's an insta-fail. I ****ing hate these missions. Can you tell me if you ever do this in GoT?

I've read a lot about this game and I'm definitely going to get it eventually, however I purchased TLOU2 at full price release day so I'm waiting to get Ghosts on sale.

I also saw the digital foundry review and the fps on base PS4 isn't locked at 30fps. Are you playing on base ps4 or a pro? If you're on the OG, has the framerate been distracting?
I can see how people would make that comparison to Assassin's Creed but I'm finding GoT superior in a lot of ways. Movement and combat feel very very smooth. The combat is maybe the most satisfying I've experienced. AC feels very derivative compared to GoT.

There are a few "follow and listen" missions but only one has been even a little tricky. Mostly you're just following someone down a road for a little while until they get somewhere and then fighting people.

I'm playing on Pro but I thought I saw on the GoT subreddit that the game plays well on the base.
[Reply]
Up