Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 PM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
FWIW, neither O’Neill or Kelly played tonight.
Neither has Pham. Hasn't even PH.

I dont care if they trade Kelly and if you can move him and another part for Archer who likely has more leaguewide value, I'm fine with that as a form of arbitrage. Turn two nickels into a dime - this organization needs that.

But they need to finish the job and package Archer with Martinez, etc... and get a genuine young talent. Archer as a player does nothing for this organization but as a trade chip he might.

That said, I think Phams gone and O'Neill is his likely replacement.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 PM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's what we traded for, you bald bastard. Keep doing that.
Mabry just needed more time...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:59 PM 07-30-2018

The #Cardinals (and other teams) are big believers in the kinetic chain, well here is the kinetic chain in action: The body will find the weakest point. Martinez has had lat trouble (muscle into shoulder), oblique trouble (muscle along side of torso), and now shoulder strain.

— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) July 31, 2018

Now, explain this to me:

If the Cardinals believe in the kinetic chain, why are they bringing him back after a minimal stay on the DL when he's had multiple injuries to that kinetic chain? Fuck, their doctors are so goddamned incompetent. They must sort by physicians with the greatest number of malpractice settlements.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:25 PM 07-30-2018

Now, explain this to me:

If the Cardinals believe in the kinetic chain, why are they bringing him back after a minimal stay on the DL when he's had multiple injuries to that kinetic chain? Fuck, their doctors are so goddamned incompetent. They must sort by physicians with the greatest number of malpractice settlements.
its really stupid. Both times rushed back ASAP. And for what? We are not in a pennant race. And Meathead would have let Martinez talk him into to staying in to finish the inning despite his fastball dropping to 90 MPH.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:26 PM 07-30-2018

According to a source, the Nationals are making it known to other teams that Bryce Harper is indeed available.

— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) July 31, 2018

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:28 PM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Ozuna walk off HR. Nice to see him showing signs of life.
looks like he quit lunching at the ball to my layman eye anyway.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:56 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
looks like he quit lunching at the ball to my layman eye anyway.
According to what I read somewhere he is now looking at the ball with both eyes, not just one. I'm not shitting .
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:24 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Neither has Pham. Hasn't even PH.

That said, I think Phams gone and O'Neill is his likely replacement.
:-) Doubt they would get jack shit for Turdy, but it's better than him wasting a starting spot.

Hate to say I told you so, but..
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:33 AM 07-31-2018
Things less ridiculous than Chris Archer, ace starter:

The Titanic's reputation as unsinkable
Mao's Great Leap Forward as a humanitarian model
Mack Rhoades, athletic director
Rich Scanlon as an impact linebacker

There is no more overrated player in sports, period, than Chris Archer. He's a #3/#4 starter because his FIP and xFIP are horrendously overrated by his desire to go 8 pitches to every batter to bump up his K-rate. He really should be a closer.

I would give them a package of Carson Kelly, Junior Fernandez, and some past first round disappointment, like Nick Plummer, who will never amount to anything, and the Cardinals should probably push them for relief help coming back.
Hometown paper throwing shade on Archer as an "Ace".

NEW: Chris Archer hasn't become the ace you'd thought he'd be. Why? The answer in two simple charts ... https://t.co/IHOTe0l71I #Rays #MLBTradeDeadline

— Thomas Bassinger (@tometrics) July 31, 2018

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:29 AM 07-31-2018
JD,

ESPN speculating the landing spot for Harper is the Cubs or Dodgers. You on board with that?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 AM 07-31-2018
I've said it before, but you really need to watch far more Archer starts than you have reason to as a Cardinals fan to understand why he's overrated. That's a baseball nerd/fantasy baseball problem.

I watched Archer closely the last few years because of my money FBB league. He's simply not a good pitcher. He quits on too many ABs and too many games. He is so hell-bent on getting strikeouts that he nibbles early in counts. Then if he can't get you to K and he's closing in on a walk, he'll simply fire a cock-shot for you to hammer. He gives in to hitters way too often.

And in games where he's either comfortable that he's going to win or has convinced himself that he's going to lose, he'll just start to coast and get hit. Worse still, if his team does manage to change the likely outcome, he can't turn it back on so if he's already entered his 'coast' mode and the team comes back, he just goes out there and gives the runs right back.

He's a #3 starter. You look at what Price was doing as a true ace in TB and then what Snell was doing this year before his injury and you see that it isn't a 'Rays' problem or an AL East problem, it's just a Chris Archer problem. He simply is not as good as his strikeout rate says he is.

And when you look past his strikeout rate you see a guy that just isn't a guy you desperately need, especially as he nears 30 yrs old.

The Rays screwed up badly not trading him 2 years ago. They aren't going to buffalo enough teams to get a massive return. Their only hope is that Mozeliak is as stupid as Rays fans/bloggers seem to think he is. The sad truth is...he might be.
[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 07-31-2018
They'll never do it, but they should sell off everything of value
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 07-31-2018

Source: Tommy Pham has been traded to the Rays.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2018

[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 07-31-2018

Source: Chris Archer is not going back to St. Louis in the deal that is sending Tommy Pham to the Rays.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2018

[Reply]
O.city 08:52 AM 07-31-2018
Pham for 2 minor league guys.
[Reply]
Page 165 of 301
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Up