ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3619 of 4902
« First < 2619311935193569360936153616361736183619 362036213622362336293669371941194619 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:28 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Not me. Being a Chiefs fan makes me interested in the AFCW. Would rather watch the AFCW teams. That, and watching the broncos suck, would be most satisfying.
I get it, but they are so bad that watching them is no fun. It’s just awful offensive football.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:29 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I get it, but they are so bad that watching them is no fun. It’s just awful offensive football.
:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:37 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
That’s great some of you keyboard warriors “knew” it would fail. If so you should’ve hit up Vegas and taken the free money available to you:
You calling anyone else a keyboard warrior might be the most hilariously ironic thing in this whole thread.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:40 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Actually, watching that Chargers Donks game was very entertaining. I was cracking up while watching them fail to move the ball. I was sure that it was going to end in a tie. Then the Donks turned the ball over in field goal range. I walked away very satisfied with what I had just watched.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:47 PM 11-17-2022
I haven't read through all the recent posts, but I just read that supposedly... Wilson has been calling audibles from the Seahawks by accident that obviously none of the Broncos' players recognize.

If true... just adds to the fun.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:49 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
What else should Denver have done tho? Sit out 10 years until Patrick leaves, if he even does leave? What they had obv didn’t work so why wouldn’t they roll the dice? It’s looking bad but it’s still early. Their alternative wasn’t going to work anyway.

We could wonder what they’d look like with a Kirk Cousins or if they’d have made the deal for Stanford instead, but even the latter is 3-6 this year
If you've got a super stud QB like a Mahomes in your division, the one thing you SHOULDN'T do is lose your goddamn mind like Denver did.

Here's the way I see it. Denver had two options:

A. Be patient and build a sustainable roster as best as you can. It's hard to keep a nucleus together, but with creative drafting, you can dip in and out of a "down" year pretty quickly if you're smart about what's available to you. You might not be able to win the division, but you can string together a couple wild card appearances in a row like KC did during the early part of Reid's tenure, and after that, you're just a lucky season away from coming out on top every now and then. Maybe the super stud QB team has just one too many injuries that year, or they're up against the cap and do a soft rebuild. Denver was doing this to a point, but they were struggling to find decent depth and the occasional home run gem outside of the top 10 of the 1st round. But they got impatient and refused to give any of their placeholder veterans more than a season to stabilize the QB position. I know the Alex Smith sandwich is a shitty one to eat, but if you choose that strategy, it does you no good to abandon it each offseason.

B. Draft a super stud QB of your own. Emphasis on DRAFT one. The truly excellent super studs simply aren't going to be traded away, and if they are, there's something wrong with them that's known or unknown. Drew Brees was traded to New Orleans coming off a bad injury. Matt Stafford had no record of being able to actually carry an actual great team all the way. Denver's problem is they got scared off by Paxton Lynch, and from that point on, they stopped trying. They tried to get lucky, thinking Drew Lock had untapped potential for a 2nd round price. That's fine to take stabs at lottery tickets like that, but you gotta keep trying.

The Chargers, in spite of all the funny Chargers things they do, stayed calm with Mahomes in the division and took Herbert. They hired an idiot savant head coach and employ a butcher as their team doctor or something weird like that, but in spite of all those challenges, they HAVE eeked out a win or two against Mahomes. And one year, if good luck finally falls their way and KC is graced with just enough bad luck, they might be able to come out on top.

Basically, accept that you won't have a stud as good as Mahomes, accept that there will be several years where you don't win the division, and move past it. And whatever you do, you have to stick to the plan. It might be painful for a few years, and it might not work, but it beats abandoning something too early so you can waste a crap ton of draft picks and money to acquire a fucking meme at QB.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:01 PM 11-17-2022
I'm not shedding any tears for Denver.

They got tired of the QB carrousel and went after a veteran and it backfired.

But if several NFL franchises really get hosed with multi 100 million guaranteed contracts for horrible QBs, I wonder if the league doesn't need to think about capping that at some point.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:14 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I'm not shedding any tears for Denver.

They got tired of the QB carrousel and went after a veteran and it backfired.

But if several NFL franchises really get hosed with multi 100 million guaranteed contracts for horrible QBs, I wonder if the league doesn't need to think about capping that at some point.
If they didn't step in when crap guys like Andy Dalton and Joe Flacco were re-setting the market, they never will.

Technically the top contracts for positions are continuing to rise alongside the QB contracts, so I doubt the NFLPA will get involved, but at some point, we might see some splintering in that union between the majority of dudes and those super stars.

Like, has the vet minimum increased much over the past 10 years? If at all? What about the rookie wage scale? The players' union does a piss poor job of looking out for the interests of the majority of its members who don't make those insane deals, and if they ever organize among themselves within the union to do something about it, then I think things will even out across the board.

I know the stud QBs are the most valuable parts of the team by far. I get it. But it still sucks that the big uglies who are rookies or on vet min deals sustain 60+ collisions per game like that and have to sacrifice more of their bodies to make what they do. Same goes for RBs. McKinnon has been sliced and diced his entire career. He's still getting touches and getting abused because that's the nature of his job. And what's he making?
[Reply]
Pablo 01:15 PM 11-17-2022
Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board has obtained pics of Russ’ new cleats for the remainder of the season.

Nice to see him be so humble and optimistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:17 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He's also gone back and clarified several times now that it's only been a 'few' times. Still laughable for an NFL QB but the op tweet is blowing it a bit out of proportion.
The fact that he called old Seattle audibles is embarrassing enough, but the fact that players are actually talking about it to members of the media is something else entirely.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:17 PM 11-17-2022
This was very predictable.

Wilson hyper-mobile QB on the wrong side of 30 playing in an offense that doesn't match his skill set.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:31 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If you've got a super stud QB like a Mahomes in your division, the one thing you SHOULDN'T do is lose your goddamn mind like Denver did.

Here's the way I see it. Denver had two options:

A. Be patient and build a sustainable roster as best as you can. It's hard to keep a nucleus together, but with creative drafting, you can dip in and out of a "down" year pretty quickly if you're smart about what's available to you. You might not be able to win the division, but you can string together a couple wild card appearances in a row like KC did during the early part of Reid's tenure, and after that, you're just a lucky season away from coming out on top every now and then. Maybe the super stud QB team has just one too many injuries that year, or they're up against the cap and do a soft rebuild. Denver was doing this to a point, but they were struggling to find decent depth and the occasional home run gem outside of the top 10 of the 1st round. But they got impatient and refused to give any of their placeholder veterans more than a season to stabilize the QB position. I know the Alex Smith sandwich is a shitty one to eat, but if you choose that strategy, it does you no good to abandon it each offseason.

B. Draft a super stud QB of your own. Emphasis on DRAFT one. The truly excellent super studs simply aren't going to be traded away, and if they are, there's something wrong with them that's known or unknown. Drew Brees was traded to New Orleans coming off a bad injury. Matt Stafford had no record of being able to actually carry an actual great team all the way. Denver's problem is they got scared off by Paxton Lynch, and from that point on, they stopped trying. They tried to get lucky, thinking Drew Lock had untapped potential for a 2nd round price. That's fine to take stabs at lottery tickets like that, but you gotta keep trying.

The Chargers, in spite of all the funny Chargers things they do, stayed calm with Mahomes in the division and took Herbert. They hired an idiot savant head coach and employ a butcher as their team doctor or something weird like that, but in spite of all those challenges, they HAVE eeked out a win or two against Mahomes. And one year, if good luck finally falls their way and KC is graced with just enough bad luck, they might be able to come out on top.

Basically, accept that you won't have a stud as good as Mahomes, accept that there will be several years where you don't win the division, and move past it. And whatever you do, you have to stick to the plan. It might be painful for a few years, and it might not work, but it beats abandoning something too early so you can waste a crap ton of draft picks and money to acquire a fucking meme at QB.
Considering that Denver has never been successful drafting a QB you could see why they tried to take the easy way out. It backfired on them this time.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:32 PM 11-17-2022
I just hope the general makes it thru this mess.

We NEED him in Denver for the long haul. He’s got a vision
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:32 PM 11-17-2022
No matter what Denver could've done, it was always going to end in burning aids piss fire.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:41 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I just hope the general makes it thru this mess.

We NEED him in Denver for the long haul. He’s got a vision
Oh he should survive. He brought in Mr Unlimited, a loaded Top 5 roster, hired Hackett NOT because he was hoping to get Rodgers but because he’s an offensive genius, and gave them sweet uniform combos.
[Reply]
Page 3619 of 4902
« First < 2619311935193569360936153616361736183619 362036213622362336293669371941194619 > Last »
Up