ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 64
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers: Infinity War
keg in kc 02:23 PM 02-11-2017
(Thinking we've abused the Civil War thread enough...)

[Reply]
BigRichard 09:00 AM 04-30-2018
I think they made it fairly obvious with what Dr. Strange said and did that it will be something to do with the Time Gem. He would have never handed that thing over to Thanos without knowing "it's the only way". He didn't hand it over to save Stark... that is for certain.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:04 AM 04-30-2018
Strange knew better. He saw 14,000,000 possible future outcomes and only 1 they win.

Obviously in the one future they win, he knew either giving up the time stone was the right move or that Stark played the largest role in defeating Thanos. Probably both.

He even said to a Stark as he died, "we're in the end game now". He knew it wasn't over.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:06 AM 04-30-2018
Assume we see Ant-Man and Hawkeye in a4..also assume Ant-Man and Wasp is prior to infinity War
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:08 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Can you lead me atleast to where I can see something?
Yus - I'll look for them on reddit today. It was a while ago. It certainly doesn't spoil the outcome or any deep plot concerning the resolution, but it does shed light on where they're going after IW.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yus - I'll look for them on reddit today. It was a while ago. It certainly doesn't spoil the outcome or any deep plot concerning the resolution, but it does shed light on where they're going after IW.
Thanks.

The soul gem trapped makes sense, I also wonder if Gamora is in there. I think that's where he went to talk to her in IW scene with the pillars.

It's gonna be a combination IMO. They'll get them out the soul gem and somehow alter reality or time to change it.
[Reply]
Hawk 10:08 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Personally I don't think any of them are actually dead. I think they are trapped in the soul gem. (Except Loki who supposedly died before Thanos had the soul gym)

The next movie is going to be about the original avengers breaking everyone out of the soul gym then grouping up to destroy Thanos.
Makes sense to me. Based on logic, I think this has to be the case.

In the Dr. Strange movie, the lady who taught him talks about being able to see possible future outcomes, but she can never see anything after the moment she dies in each future. Here Dr. Strange sees one outcome where the Avengers win, and presumably he gave the time stone to Thanos as part of securing that outcome, so he must be able to see past the moment he got dissolved in order to know if they won or not, so the dissolving wasn't really a true death.

I agree with the idea that they are all trapped in the soul gem somehow and will get rescued. Especially since we know Spider Man and Black Panther and Starlord all have to be back for their stand-alone movies.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:13 AM 04-30-2018
Crowded Soul Gem if half of existence is in there. How will our heroes find each other?!

I hope they recreate the comics when Cap stands in front of Thanos and says "As long as one man stands against you Thanos, you will never be able to claim victory."
[Reply]
Fish 10:54 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Crowded Soul Gem if half of existence is in there. How will our heroes find each other?!

I hope they recreate the comics when Cap stands in front of Thanos and says "As long as one man stands against you Thanos, you will never be able to claim victory."
Yeah, just before Thanos shatters Cap's shield and pummels him into the ground... :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:13 AM 04-30-2018
They've given Cap enough love. He needs to die a horrific death.

Tony just tanked a fucking moon and direct hit from the power stone and yet Cap was literally dismantling him in Civil War. Bullshit.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Tony just tanked a ****ing moon and direct hit from the power stone and yet Cap was literally dismantling him in Civil War. Bullshit.
He had the new nanotech though.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:26 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
He had the new nanotech though.
Fuck you lol
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:36 AM 04-30-2018

Tony just tanked a ****ing moon and direct hit from the power stone and yet Cap was literally dismantling him in Civil War. Bullshit.
Cap was getting his ass kicked by Iron Man. Iron Man was kicking his and Bucky's rear end together.

Bucky distracted him for one second unexpectedly and Cap threw him down and assaulted him with the shield. It was a legitimate victory, with a minimum on PIS.
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:39 AM 04-30-2018

Tony just tanked a fucking moon and direct hit from the power stone and yet Cap was literally dismantling him in Civil War. Bullshit.

And Cap stood off a two-gem enabled Gauntlet?

(as we all pause and realize we argue the relative strengths of comic book characters -- as portrayed in movies -- like it's remotely important...?)
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:41 AM 04-30-2018
Interesting. Well, at least for me, who never picked up a comic book in his life. Bad title to the video as it's really about possibilities for the next installment.

[Reply]
Direckshun 11:42 AM 04-30-2018
Speaking of which, how impressive was it that the writers came up with a realistic way to defeat Thanos about midway through.

Strange restraining one arm, and I think Star Lord's gravity attractor or whatever pinning the other arm, and Mantis drops from a sling hole to put Thanos to sleep while Iron Man and Spider-Man begin working the glove.

Clever as hell.

Quill losing his mind and assaulting Thanos, waking him up, was phenomenally stupid but was completely in character, too.

Really is one of those crazy movies where you have 40 characters and they all act within character. Everything is largely organic with very few false notes. (There were a couple but meh.)

Just an outstanding feat of filmmaking.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 64
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up