ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 25
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>First woman to play in a power 5 college football game today
Deberg_1990 09:22 AM 11-28-2020
Awesome! I will watch!

Historic moment for college football 👏

Vanderbilt is turning to women's soccer player Sarah Fuller to be its place-kicker on Saturday.

She will become the first woman to participate in a Power 5 football game. (via @VandyFootball) pic.twitter.com/kIeMh4uRjZ

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 27, 2020

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:42 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
At the same time, being on a championship caliber team makes it easy to be enthusiastic. If your team is that good everyone is excited. Being on a shit team, which is what Vandy football is, isn't fun. No matter how much you jump around and scream and pretend that you're good. You can be enthusiastic as all hell and then give up a touchdown on the opening kickoff. No amount of positive attitude is going to make that better.
Sure, but have you played for a losing team before? It's ok to be down in the dumps but it shouldn't stop you from cheering your teammates on. Easier said than done, of course.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:44 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I know you just didn't ****ing compare Sarah Fuller to Pete mother****ing Sampras.

I didn't. But a tennis player is no more qualified to speak to an NBA team as a soccer player is to speak to a bad ncaa football team. It wasn't a speech about playing better. It was a speech about attitude. You don't have to be a football player to speak to that.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:59 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I didn't. But a tennis player is no more qualified to speak to an NBA team as a soccer player is to speak to a bad ncaa football team. It wasn't a speech about playing better. It was a speech about attitude. You don't have to be a football player to speak to that.
Outrageously bad take.

Pete Sampras is one of the best players in the history of tennis to ever play the game, widely regarded as the best tennis player before the Federer/Nadal/Djokovic era. Sampras gives a speech I assume about mental toughness in regards to battling his flu in the 5th set of the quarter finals of the '96 US open, seems pretty qualified to do so. He's not giving any advice to the Nets in regards to their jumpers you idiot- it's an elite athlete sharing his experience to other elite athletes on how to persevere in moments of adversity.

You can't compare that to Sarah Fuller being a winner, trying to give a rah-rah speech to Vandy, that's fucking insanity.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 12:23 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
....still waiting on women caddies.
Guy
:-)
Steve Stricker,Nick Watney,Patrick Reed all had female caddies.The legendary Fanny Sunneson who carried the bag for Nick Faldo during for of his major titles and the only female who have won at Augusta as a caddie.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:29 PM 12-03-2020
Nearly 300 posts about an inconsequential play by a person that will never kick another football for an inconsequential team.

i think we're overthinking this just a tad, jerbs or no.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:32 PM 12-03-2020
In the movie, she nails a 50 yarder as time expires for the win. You can bet your ass on it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:13 PM 12-03-2020
Outrageously bad take.

Pete Sampras is one of the best players in the history of tennis to ever play the game, widely regarded as the best tennis player before the Federer/Nadal/Djokovic era. Sampras gives a speech I assume about mental toughness in regards to battling his flu in the 5th set of the quarter finals of the '96 US open, seems pretty qualified to do so. He's not giving any advice to the Nets in regards to their jumpers you idiot- it's an elite athlete sharing his experience to other elite athletes on how to persevere in moments of adversity.

You can't compare that to Sarah Fuller being a winner, trying to give a rah-rah speech to Vandy, that's ****ing insanity.
I'm sure successful student athletes have spoken to that team millions of times and nobody batted an eye. I get if the participation trophy nonsense is too much. But winning an sec title certainly qualifies you to talk to a winless ncaa team about being a good teammate. This isn't an NBA team like the nets.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:14 PM 12-03-2020
I am unamazed you fail to understand the problem here.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:18 PM 12-03-2020
I'm sure successful student athletes have spoken to that team millions of times and nobody batted an eye. I get if the participation trophy nonsense is too much. But winning an sec title certainly qualifies you to talk to a winless ncaa team about being a good teammate. This isn't an NBA team like the nets.
Oh for fucks sake, zilla. Is there a topic you can not be wrong on?
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:27 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
In the movie, she nails a 50 yarder as time expires for the win. You can bet your ass on it.
During a hurricane.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:18 PM 12-03-2020
Putting the Pete Sampras comparison aside since it doesn't appear you'll back down from that ludicrous statement, I don't believe being a part of a winning SEC team automatically makes you qualified to speak about being a good teammate. Winning does not equal being a good team mate, and losing doesn't make you a bad team mate either. I think if I was in the position of the Vandy football players who have spent countless hours being with the football program (offseason training, team meetings, practices etc.). Whether it be for 1 year or 4 years, it would be pretty insulting that someone who has been with the team for ~1 week, to think that they have an understanding of what the team needs or what the team is about. That's regardless of gender, position you play on the field, or any of that. The message trying to be sent is not going to be well received because the rapport is not established.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:26 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I am unamazed you fail to understand the problem here.
I'm unamazed people are so offended by a fellow successful student athlete giving a motivational speech about teamwork. She's not wrong and this happens all the time. Just because she isn't qualified to be a football player doesn't make her wrong for addressing this. And I'm sure the players weren't as butthurt about it as everyone in the peanut gallery is.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:45 PM 12-03-2020
Putting the Pete Sampras comparison aside since it doesn't appear you'll back down from that ludicrous statement, I don't believe being a part of a winning SEC team automatically makes you qualified to speak about being a good teammate. Winning does not equal being a good team mate, and losing doesn't make you a bad team mate either. I think if I was in the position of the Vandy football players who have spent countless hours being with the football program (offseason training, team meetings, practices etc.). Whether it be for 1 year or 4 years, it would be pretty insulting that someone who has been with the team for ~1 week, to think that they have an understanding of what the team needs or what the team is about. That's regardless of gender, position you play on the field, or any of that. The message trying to be sent is not going to be well received because the rapport is not established.
You really think she's the first outsider to give a speech about leadership or teamwork to a college football team? And there is nothing wrong or offensive about talking about sideline energy or support for your teammates. If a player is butthurt about that, then they're a shitty team player for turning their nose up at such a simple, harmless suggestion. The participation trophy stuff is over the top nonsense, but this speech is such a stupid thing to get worked up about. And I'm guessing most of the players were not as butthurt about it as you are.
[Reply]
alanm 03:33 PM 12-03-2020
Generally speaking, A kicker is probably the last person a team wants to hear a rah rah speech from. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 03:39 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
During a hurricane.
While on her period.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 25
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up