ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>can we please stop talking about time of possession? Please?
Buehler445 04:10 PM 10-13-2019
Everyone is talking about time of possession. That is mind bogglingly stupid. Winning is about offensive and defensive efficiency. Scores and stops. It has nothing at all to do with time. If Mahomes scores in one play every possession that’s really efficient but won’t take up any time. Moreover if we take a 12 minute drive and fumble at the 2, that isn’t going to win any games but by god we’ll win the time of possession.

Fucking pussies like Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards talk about time of possession. Winners talk about scores and stops.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 05:31 PM 10-13-2019
Fuck TOP forever.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:31 PM 10-13-2019
I mean there is a case to be made for a 4 minute offense but I still can’t turn down touchdowns.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:32 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Fuck TOP forever.
No. Fuck Donk Forever.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:33 PM 10-13-2019
somebody should go dig up the stats on all games last week and see who wins and who loses when a team has the ball 10 more mins than the other...
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 05:33 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
No. Fuck Donk Forever.
I knew it was something like that.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:33 PM 10-13-2019
Are you seriously advocating foregoing points in favor of an unknown?

Are you actually Herm?
Herm down 3-10 at the end of the first half.

"We got 'em right where we want 'em! We're in this game!"
[Reply]
-King- 05:33 PM 10-13-2019

Are you actually Herm?
No, but in some situations, a drive that takes time off the clock that ends in a score is better than a short drive that ends in a score. Why do you act like you cant have both and there aren't situations that call for one or the other?
[Reply]
BWillie 05:36 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
No, but in some situations, a drive that takes time off the clock that ends in a score is better than a short drive that ends in a score. Why do you act like you cant have both and there aren't situations that call for one or the other?
You are right, but that situation only exists in 1-2 games a year and in the 4th quarter, at the end of the game. Which has very almost no correlation to time of possession.
[Reply]
-King- 05:37 PM 10-13-2019
Herm has been gone for a decade. It's so weird how much space he still has in your head.
[Reply]
notorious 05:37 PM 10-13-2019
via Imgflip Meme Generator
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:39 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I’m not.

I don’t know how you got down this convoluted road.

I said TOP is only correlated to winning. The team needs to focus on what actually causes winning. Which is scores and stops.

You disagree and start talking about hypothetical situations in which we both score. Because... reasons?

Fact remains that TOP is correlated to winning. You disagreed but haven’t provided any evidence to the contrary.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:41 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
somebody should go dig up the stats on all games last week and see who wins and who loses when a team has the ball 10 more mins than the other...
Correlation not causation.

I bet if you looked up which teams had more scores and stops than the other team they win - causation.

They may or may not win TOP - correlation.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:45 PM 10-13-2019
If our coaches are going to turn this around they are going to have to quit ****ing talk about time of possession and figure out how to get scores and stops.
Ummmmm, you possess the ball in order to get more scores and stops.:-)

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
No, TOP is TOP in basketball AND football. Has nothing to do with rebounding.
So when a team rebounds the ball they don't have possession of it ?:-)

KC is getting cleaned out on TOP because they can't stop the run
Hey, we agree on one thing!!:-):-)

and absolutely refuse to run the ball themselves no matter if it's working or not.
Reid knows he cannot run the ball at will(and why he abandons because defenses make their adjustments) and PM2 II is talented enough to get away with throwing 75-80% of the time assuming everyone is healthy and even when they are not Reid still throws cuz he knows he still has a chance with Pat.

Fix the ACTUAL issues and TOP cleans itself up.
Couldn't agree more.

The horrid defense is a given issue BUT until that gets fixed it is our offensive line that cannot pass block nor run block against good d-lines that is our next biggest issue

TOP is IRRELEVANT if you're scoring fast.
We are not scoring fast therefore TOP is very relevant.

IT's very relevant when the disparity is powered by lots of incomplete passes, 3 and outs, and a acompletely inept run defense.
Thank you!!:-)

It's not a problem you address directly. It's a lot of other problems that are creating it.
You address directly by getting better o-line play and a better run defense BUT this is not happening this year unfortunately IMHO.

I mean there is a case to be made for a 4 minute offense but I still can’t turn down touchdowns.
and who would ? Not me !! BUT we are not scoring fast so..........

The team needs to focus on what actually causes winning. Which is scores and stops.
Were not getting either in a timely fashion it seems. Therefore what do you do then? You try to possess the ball to get more opportunities, I think?:-)
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 06:45 PM 10-13-2019
Everyone is talking about time of possession. That is mind bogglingly stupid. Winning is about offensive and defensive efficiency. Scores and stops. It has nothing at all to do with time. If Mahomes scores in one play every possession that’s really efficient but won’t take up any time. Moreover if we take a 12 minute drive and fumble at the 2, that isn’t going to win any games but by god we’ll win the time of possession.

****ing pussies like Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards talk about time of possession. Winners talk about scores and stops.
This is phenomenally short-sighted. Yes, drive efficiency matters. Getting a drive that results in a score in 1:20 is theoretically Much better than getting a field goal in 12:00. However, it ignores that this is a game which is played by humans, operating at the peak or near the peak of their effort level, who get tired.

If you think your defense sucks right when they get on the field, how do you think they'll look after they've been out there 40 minutes? Defenses getting "worn down" results in greater drive efficiency for the opposing team, whereas facing a well-rested defense that is fresh as a daisy when you're in the 4th quarter is sub-optimal for your own drive efficiency.

Ultimately, time of possession is about effective energy levels, and differences in time of possession can be mitigated by differences in conditioning level, or can exacerbate existing differences. The Falcons vs the Patriots in the Super Bowl started out hot, Way too hot, burned up all the energy of their young, super-fast team, and then lost because they got tired, and it resulted in notable differences in the level of play and execution. The Chiefs offense is already bad for the defense in that they're a quick-strike team that gets off the field quickly, whether or not they score. The Chiefs defense letting drives drag out relentlessly and letting themselves get worn down adds to that, and results in a second-half defense which let's just say leaves something to be desired, and fails to set up the offense for max success in the late stages of the game.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:47 PM 10-13-2019

Are you actually Herm?
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Herm down 3-10 at the end of the first half.

"We got 'em right where we want 'em! We're in this game!"
Herm didn't have PM2 either.:-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up