ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 58
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

petegz28 08:25 PM 03-11-2019
All I know is Veach and Spags don't seem to be fucking around at all. From the defensive coaches they've brought in to cutting Houston, trying to trade Ford and now TM? There seems to be a most concerted effort to shore up this defense in a big way and it's about fucking time!
Red Dawg 08:26 PM 03-11-2019
Honey Badger sauce coming soon to Price Chopper.
Bowser 08:26 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have a hard time getting excited about it either. That's a lot of money for an undersized guy with an injury history, especially when he didn't play well last year.
He put up some pretty good stats, but to be fair, I haven't seen a list of his negative plays, either. However you want to cut it, he is FAR and away better than anyone else we trotted out at safety last year.

And I've gotten to the point where I just don't care how much a contract is. I know I should care a little, that we aren't going full '98 Chiefs and throwing money at anyone and everyone, but I have a hard time giving a damn about the size of these contracts. There's going to be a newest "HIGHEST PAID PLAYER AT HISPOSITION" every year going forward, so whatever.
htismaqe 08:26 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Surprised he would leave a good situation for similar money.
The Chiefs are a much better situation than the Texans.
petegz28 08:26 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Surprised he would leave a good situation for similar money.
Two words, bro......

Patrick
Mahomes

You saw how Watson played in the playoffs against the Colts

You saw how PM played in the playoffs against the Colts and NE

WTF would you want to play with?
O.city 08:27 PM 03-11-2019
Come on, you guys wanted new blood

Get excited
htismaqe 08:27 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
He put up some pretty good stats, but to be fair, I haven't seen a list of his negative plays, either. However you want to cut it, he is FAR and away better than anyone else we trotted out at safety last year.

And I've gotten to the point where I just don't care how much a contract is. I know I should care a little, that we aren't going full '98 Chiefs and throwing money at anyone and everyone, but I have a hard time giving a damn about the size of these contracts. There's going to be a newest "HIGHEST PAID PLAYER AT HISPOSITION" every year going forward, so whatever.
He just didn't look as good in pass coverage last year and pass coverage is really what we needed. Oh well I guess. We could have gotten two guys for that money.
htismaqe 08:27 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Two words, bro......

Patrick
Mahomes

You saw how Watson played in the playoffs against the Colts

You saw how PM played in the playoffs against the Colts and NE

WTF would you want to play with?
Exactly.
Sassy Squatch 08:28 PM 03-11-2019
He just didn't look as good in pass coverage last year and pass coverage is really what we needed. Oh well I guess. We could have gotten two guys for that money.
You sure about that? Even mediocre guys are getting stupid money.
Mecca 08:28 PM 03-11-2019
With contracts it's not my money, I don't care I expect them to be going all in to win a damn bowl right now.

There was no question something had to be done at safety.
The Franchise 08:28 PM 03-11-2019
What two guys?
Mecca 08:29 PM 03-11-2019
Yea but the issue is...defense is full of Jags and we see how that goes. This team needs legit players on the back end.
htismaqe 08:29 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What two guys?
There's still a dozen decent safeties available. They're not all going to get $14M per.
htismaqe 08:29 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea but the issue is...defense is full of Jags and we see how that goes. This team needs legit players on the back end.
I don't think Mathieu is "legit". He was at one time but he wasn't great last year.

Certainly not commensurate with that kind of contract.
petegz28 08:30 PM 03-11-2019
TM brings talent and experience. And that is something we desperately need in a year when we are overhauling the defense. You need a solid veteran in the secondary who can help on the field.

Did he cost more than we'd like? Yes! But then again, FA's cost $ if they are worth half a squirt.
Page 26 of 58
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up