ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 57
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
listopencil 03:51 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
All BS aside, movie was very meh. It's not Iron Man3 or Thor: Dark World level bad, but it probably ranks just above that. Not good.

Larson didnt do a very good job selling the character at all. Dialogue and acting was awful, even for a comic book flick.

Best parts of movie were SLJ (Fury) and the cat. And if this is supposed to be MCU strongest super hero, you cant have its supporting characters stealing the show if this is the direction MCU is going.

Wouldnt be surprised if Larson is re-casted by someone else to play Cpt Marvel going forward. It wasnt a good job. Felt kind of forced.

Larson may have won awards in the past, but it just felt that shes just an actress "trying" to play a superhero, if that makes sense. And supposedly Disney execs arent too happy with her performance either. It was a very Megan Fox-ish like performance. Shes hot, but the character just sucked.

Spoiler!

I thought it was OK. There were scenes that resonated with me and the fights were done well enough. The only 'grrrrl power' thing that annoyed me was:

Spoiler!

Any other 'grrrl power' stuff that went on is pretty much what you should expect from a story about the character. I also didn't like their use of flashbacks. It made the plot choppy and disjointed to me from time to time. It just wasn't elegant storytelling. I feel like there was a better way to put the story together.

I'm also not sold on the actress, Larsen. She wasn't shitty at it but just lacked charisma. I'll compare it to Wonder Woman; Gal Gadot grabbed my attention every time she was on the screen. Not just because she was hot but because she has this undeniable charisma. It helped carry the movie. Larsen doesn't have that.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:53 AM 03-08-2019
On the other hand, though, this character is a lot more interesting than Super Man even with Larsen.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:41 AM 03-08-2019
@ManaByte: People Are Using Bots to 'Review Bomb' #CaptainMarvel on @RottenTomatoes https://mcucosmic.com/2019/03/08/peo...tten-tomatoes/ https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/...480832/photo/1
[Reply]
DaFace 08:43 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@ManaByte: People Are Using Bots to 'Review Bomb' #CaptainMarvel on @RottenTomatoes https://mcucosmic.com/2019/03/08/peo...tten-tomatoes/ https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/...480832/photo/1
It's pretty clear at this point that review aggregators are going to be useless for this one. I'm not sure it really matters, though. If you're an MCU fan, you'll see it. If not, you won't.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:43 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This is going to be the new normal for whatever movie comes out as long as the actors or the subject matter deal with anything politically motivated.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:27 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
So...are the movies canon now? I'm saying that if I see an event in the Ms. Marvel movie, is that the accepted way it happened?
That's accurate. Although, as in the comics, there may be occasionally contradictions and it'll just be up to future films to resolve those however they want.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:27 AM 03-08-2019
For the record, it is Captain Marvel, but there is a series for a different Marvel character called Ms. Marvel that has a cult following.

I think it was a one-off, though.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:32 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's pretty clear at this point that review aggregators are going to be useless for this one. I'm not sure it really matters, though. If you're an MCU fan, you'll see it. If not, you won't.
Yea, I'll never understand why people would go to RT to determine whether they want to see a movie or not. The movie either interests you, or it doesn't. I'm going to wait to see this one until next week when things won't be so crowded.
[Reply]
Fish 09:38 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
For the record, it is Captain Marvel, but there is a series for a different Marvel character called Ms. Marvel that has a cult following.

:-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:41 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Ms Marvel is still on going and has multiple books. I've read it and enjoyed it alot. Feige has said she could have her own movie or appearance in the mcu in the future. She's been on the Avengers and Champions teams
[Reply]
DaFace 09:42 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Yea, I'll never understand why people would go to RT to determine whether they want to see a movie or not. The movie either interests you, or it doesn't. I'm going to wait to see this one until next week when things won't be so crowded.
Everything changed when our main theater switched to reserved seats. I used to never go to movies when they opened because I didn't want to deal with getting there early to get a good seat. Now, I'll show up about 5 minutes before, walk to my seat that I reserved weeks ago, and relax. :-)
[Reply]
Nirvana58 09:43 AM 03-08-2019
I tried so hard to like the movie but just couldn't. The whole movie just reminded me of Green Lantern. The whole men always kept me down girl power was so over the top. The 2 main female leads were very poorly acted and was forced.

When the best character of the whole movie is a cat then you got some major problems. This movie coming after Infinity Wars is a travesty compared to that movie. If Marvel next generation is with her leading the way I will be saving my money on seeing those movies.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:45 AM 03-08-2019
Everything changed when our main theater switched to reserved seats. I used to never go to movies when they opened because I didn't want to deal with getting there early to get a good seat. Now, I'll show up about 5 minutes before, walk to my seat that I reserved weeks ago, and relax. :-)
It's fantastic...I love that more main theaters have this option and order tix online
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:46 AM 03-08-2019
For almost every movie, we used to drive the 40 minutes over to Wichita to watch in a decent theater because ours was horrible. About 3 years ago, someone bought the theater here and did a complete redo of it. They took out half of the seats and made every chair the big cushy reclining ones, made all seats to reserved, and added alcohol to the menu. No reason to drive that 40 minutes now. So I show up 7 minutes before so I can get a beer or mixed drink and head on it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:49 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
I tried so hard to like the movie but just couldn't. The whole movie just reminded me of Green Lantern. The whole men always kept me down girl power was so over the top. The 2 main female leads were very poorly acted and was forced.

When the best character of the whole movie is a cat then you got some major problems. This movie coming after Infinity Wars is a travesty compared to that movie. If Marvel next generation is with her leading the way I will be saving my money on seeing those movies.
If nothing else, I'll see this movie because I have to see what the fuck is up with this cat everyone keeps talking about. :-)
[Reply]
Page 31 of 57
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up