ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 58
« First < 8485455565758
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:43 AM Yesterday
I like what I'm seeing from Bobby Witt Jr too! 8 BBs and only 2 SOs in his last 7 games! .304 AVG, .484 OBP, .609 SLG. If he can keep up the high walk numbers than holy shit there is no limit on what he could do.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:56 AM Yesterday
Bobby is on pace for a 199 hit/46 2B/21 3B/21 HR/83 RBI/54 SB/66 BB/12 WAR

A 12 WAR season would put him at the 6th highest WAR season ever and only the 2nd player in the top 10 under the age of 25. He'd have the highest WAR season of the modern era and it'd be the highest WAR in a season since 1967.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:06 AM Yesterday
new idea:

Michael Conforto.

He's a FA after this year, the Giants look to be far out of things, and he's having a nice bounceback season, on pace for his usual 25-30 HR and 80-90 RBI with good OBP numbers.

I'd love to add Conforto and he shouldn't be TOO expensive as a 1/2 season rental. Slot him at #3 in the lineup, and drop Pasquantino to 5, and I think you're in business.

Garcia-Witt-Conforto-Perez-Pasquantino would be a pretty good 1-5. Then you could go:

Massey (2B)
Renfroe (RF)
Isbel (CF)

You could slide Waters in there pretty easily, or Melendez, too.

Trading with the Giants would make me super nervouse because of how good that front office is.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 09:43 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
new idea:

Michael Conforto.

He's a FA after this year, the Giants look to be far out of things, and he's having a nice bounceback season, on pace for his usual 25-30 HR and 80-90 RBI with good OBP numbers.

I'd love to add Conforto and he shouldn't be TOO expensive as a 1/2 season rental. Slot him at #3 in the lineup, and drop Pasquantino to 5, and I think you're in business.

Garcia-Witt-Conforto-Perez-Pasquantino would be a pretty good 1-5. Then you could go:

Massey (2B)
Renfroe (RF)
Isbel (CF)

You could slide Waters in there pretty easily, or Melendez, too.

Trading with the Giants would make me super nervouse because of how good that front office is.
Do you think the Angels would be willing to collect whatever they can get for Jo Adell? I mean, the Royals are already in LA.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:50 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Do you think the Angels would be willing to collect whatever they can get for Jo Adell? I mean, the Royals are already in LA.
No, I think they're going to hold him since he's finally producing.
[Reply]
cmh6476 05:35 PM Yesterday
Mj, Isbel and Blanco tonight with frazier dh
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:57 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Mj, Isbel and Blanco tonight with frazier dh
Woof!
[Reply]
cmh6476 06:10 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Woof!
If we only give up 2 runs, we only need 3
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:48 PM Today
Using the Mother's Day free weekend of MLB.TV to watch Paul Skenes in his MLB debut for Pittsburgh. Kid's got good stuff. However... I'm no expert on pitching mechanics, but he sure looks like a prime candidate to blow out his elbow. Almost every pitch it looks like he puts a lot of torque on his elbow.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:59 PM Today
Twins need to stop winning
[Reply]
PHOG 03:28 PM Today
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Twins need to stop winning
They're tied at 8 apiece, come on BJs
[Reply]
Page 58 of 58
« First < 8485455565758
Up