ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018-19 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:47 PM 04-16-2018
After a surprising, disappointing, exciting, and depressing 2017-18 that both began and ended in typical Mizzou fashion, the Tigers begin the offseason with several holes in the roster and one major recruiting target remaining.

Losses from 2017-18:
Michael Porter Jr, SF
Jordan Barnett, SF
Kassius Robertson, SG

Returning Starters:
Jontay Porter, SF/PF
Kevin Puryear, PF
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C

Returning Role Player:
Reed Nikko

Injured Role Players:
Cullen Van Leer
Mitchell Smith

Returning Suicide Vest:
Jordan Geist

Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:18 AM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Nice to finally beat those Orange Bastards.
Hey, hey, HEY!!! They have mothers too!!!!!

It doesn't matter that they're all in jail! :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:36 AM 12-23-2018
Just think how nice itd be to have Blake Harris here? He just had to transfer for more playing time, but he was getting more minutes here as a freshmen. I think he could have had a pretty decent impact towards the end of the year with more experience. I think hed be real good this year.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:38 AM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Just think how nice itd be to have Blake Harris here? He just had to transfer for more playing time, but he was getting more minutes here as a freshmen. I think he could have had a pretty decent impact towards the end of the year with more experience. I think hed be real good this year.
I think Mizzou is okay in the PG dept.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:44 AM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I think Mizzou is okay in the PG dept.
Not so much last year lol. Can never have too many good ball handlers.

He was a little bitch though.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:49 PM 12-23-2018
Regardless of how good Illinois is or isn't this year, that was an impressive win. Tilmon is really improving, and they have a lot of good young talent. Pickett looked really good, and I couldn't believe how much it looks like Pinson has improved from early November. He looks like a baller. And they're in good hands, Cuonzo is a great coach for that program. Should've hired him years ago.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:24 PM 12-23-2018
I wonder if Mizzou Fan still hates Jordan Geist.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:36 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I wonder if Mizzou Fan still hates Jordan Geist.
Yes. Maybe that'll change if he wins a tournament game for us.

In other news, it looks like the SEC is fairly decent this year with only SC having a losing record. It seems like last year almost every team had a good record going into conference play and it really helped with getting a record number of 8 teams in the big dance.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:11 PM 01-03-2019
Gordon from SLU is transferring. Is Zo on him?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:16 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Gordon from SLU is transferring. Is Zo on him?
I'm not entirely sure I would be.

Look - Gordon went to SLU and got exactly what was promised there. He's getting a lot of run as a true freshmen, the team is playing fairly well...I mean damn, what was he thinking was going to happen?

And he barely made it a semester?

There's a ton of flake potential there, IMO. I get why some of the guards transferred from Mizzou - the two guys who left last year were buried behind Geist and I think they simply didn't expect that. I doubt it was sold to them like that. Marc Smith left because he'd pretty clearly lost his place in the rotation by the end of the year.

But what the hell is Gordon leaving for? He's not losing minutes, the team's not dysfunctional around him. He just...doesn't feel like being there anymore.

That looks like a dude that the Tigers would get, hold a scholarship for a year over, get a semester from him and then he'd just ignore any advice and declare for the draft. But only after he spent that entire transfer window shooting 3 pointers and then going bombs away for his semester here to prove that he's a stretch 5 at the next level.

My first reaction was the same as yours - "Damn Zo - go get this kid..." but as i thought about it more, unless there's a lot to this story that I don't understand, this is just a kid that isn't going to be happy or have the buy in wherever he goes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:29 AM 01-04-2019
Want no part of Gordon. He pulled a Walter Brady on a teammate.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:39 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I hadn't heard that but it's just not terribly surprising.

He's had such a strange background and recruiting process. Kid just gives an outward appearance of being an extreme 'me first' player. Those kinds of guys rub teammates the wrong way and they end up bristling when challenged.

Just a lot of red flags there and I'd be surprised if Cuonzo has any interest in dealing with that shit from a kid that will bolt the moment he gets an advisory board telling him he may sneak into the late 1st and will likely struggle with a team concept while trying to 'earn' that grade.

The juice just doesn't seem worth the squeeze here even though the talent is obvious.
[Reply]
Sully 11:55 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Sorry for being late to the party, but what is the Brady story?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:14 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
Sorry for being late to the party, but what is the Brady story?

Rumor is he got a little too excited about exercising second amendment rights... with a teammate.

Have you seen the American History X curb scene? Subtract the curb and stomp...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:05 PM 01-08-2019
And it's a Fuck Tilmon game.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:14 PM 01-08-2019
Puryear plays and processes the game at a snail's pace. He's so bad.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up