ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 270
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Sorce 08:32 AM 07-26-2019
It's dumb just like "Chiefs Kingdom" we suck at nicknames stop trying.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:36 AM 07-26-2019
Most nicknames are stupid, just after awhile you get use to it.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:45 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Yes. So very very very very very much this.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:55 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
They use the Kingdom because they can't use the Tribe. Although the Chiefs have a great relationship with Native American Organizations in the surrounding four states- the media would get their panties in a bunch and start crying "cultural appropriation" so they use the bland- Kingdom.

Even though the name Chiefs for the team was never intended to be based on a Native American name- it has slowly become that.

The Tribe is also taken by the Cleveland Indians. So until the Chiefs marketing department comes up with something better- Chiefs Kingdom it is. :-)
[Reply]
Sorce 08:59 AM 07-26-2019
We don't need a nickname how about that... How about "Loudest bunch of fucks in the world"?
[Reply]
FAX 09:10 AM 07-26-2019
I vote for Air Wally!!!!!

FAX
[Reply]
RunKC 09:47 AM 07-26-2019
Watching Frank Clark and Alex Okafor highlights makes me feel so much better about our run defense. These guys are edge setters who make tackles work their ass off to win the outside. It’s such a big improvement over Dee Ford and a lazy 2018 Justin Houston.

We haven’t replaced Houston’s sack productivity, but having an effort player with athletic traits in Okafor as your 3rd rusher isn’t a bad thing.

I think we’ll be ready for everyone trying to run the ball and keep Pat off the field.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 09:54 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watching Frank Clark and Alex Okafor highlights makes me feel so much better about our run defense. These guys are edge setters who make tackles work their ass off to win the outside. It’s such a big improvement over Dee Ford and a lazy 2018 Justin Houston.

We haven’t replaced Houston’s sack productivity, but having an effort player with athletic traits in Okafor as your 3rd rusher isn’t a bad thing.

I think we’ll be ready for everyone trying to run the ball and keep Pat off the field.
going to be hard to stop the run with our LB crew..better hope they rush the edge everytime..
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:55 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I worry that this defense won't be able to generate pressure consistently. I know, i know "BUT SPAGS WILL BRING EXOTIC BLITZES"

The point of the 43 switch was to be able to bring pressure with 4 and to put better coverage linebackers on the field, not expose our back end with blitzes in obvious passing downs.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:57 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Damn, I hate not being able to hate Sharpe anymore. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 09:57 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
going to be hard to stop the run with our LB crew..better hope they rush the edge everytime..
Hitchens is going to be much better in the 4-3, the Wilson addition at SLB will help as well, and Lee/DOD give us speed we simply didn’t have last year (DOD was either hurt or still learning most of last season).

This idea that our LB’s are going to be as bad as last year is silly. It’s still a concern overall, but I don’t see any way we’re not better.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:58 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hitchens is going to be much better in the 4-3, the Wilson addition at SLB will help as well, and Lee/DOD give us speed we simply didn’t have last year (DOD was either hurt or still learning most of last season).

This idea that our LB’s are going to be as bad as last year is silly. It’s still a concern overall, but I don’t see any way we’re not better.
Improving the DL alone should help the LBs out a lot
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:59 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I worry that this defense won't be able to generate pressure consistently.
If Frank the Tank and Chris the Piss do their jobs at an elite level they'll be fine.

This is going to be like DT and Smith but one of them is an interior rusher now.

This might actually be better, since it's getting harder and harder to get pressure from the edge now with the ball coming out so fast.

You get enough attention on those guys and the dudes being single blocked can maximize their 'wins,' with an occasional blitzer thrown in to confuse things.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:59 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I worry that this defense won't be able to generate pressure consistently. I know, i know "BUT SPAGS WILL BRING EXOTIC BLITZES"

The point of the 43 switch was to be able to bring pressure with 4 and to put better coverage linebackers on the field, not expose our back end with blitzes in obvious passing downs.
Why? Clark and Jones are two great rushers and it’s not like Okafor is useless as a pass rusher. Saunders possibly gives us an extra interior pass rusher that we didn’t have last year. Daly has way more talent than he had in NE to work with.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:01 AM 07-26-2019
How fitting would it be if Andy finally wins the Bowl against Philly?

Other than a nacho buffet that would be his dream scenario. It may happen.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 270
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up