Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Grade Mahomes' first half performance
TLO 06:27 PM 08-17-2018
Poll
[Reply]
Mecca 10:05 AM 08-18-2018
Pretty much any safety in the league gets beat on that pass know why? Because they would all be cheating up to get what they would assume is an easy INT. There is no way in hell they would be expecting that ball to come out with that type of velocity and accuracy they'd be thinking "here comes my easy wounded duck punt INT"
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:07 AM 08-18-2018
Is there any way to give him an F minus?

/Crowbar Faggot
[Reply]
stumppy 10:11 AM 08-18-2018
One thing is for sure.

As long as Mahomes is on the field I'll not be giving up on a game until the clock hits zero.

I know in the past if we needed a TD to win the game in the 4th quarter I knew the chances were slim to none that Smith would get it done. We all knew that.
Now, now that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, that hope without confidence we would all get. NO MORE!
Hopefully we won't be playing from behind in any game but if we are Mahomes can win the game from anywhere on the field. We already knew that but it was nice to see it live.
[Reply]
philfree 10:15 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Whether we like it or not, Andy wants Mahomes to be like Alex in the short and intermediate parts of the field. That’s what this whole “efficiency” title has been about for the kid all of camp.

It’s fine with me. Take care of the ball and be accurate in the middle of the field, then let it rip.

That’s exactly what Aaron Rodgers does.
I agree and this is the time to work on it.
[Reply]
TEX 12:17 PM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Having a huge arm is nice but it's not really a trait that's always associated with the most successful quarterbacks ever. It's a nice highlight every now and again, which is fine. Guys who rely on arm strength usually aren't great QBs, and plenty of great ones don't have elite arms strength. The other things are a bigger factor.

What he does on third downs, in traffic, before the snap, and when he's under pressure will have more to do with how successful he is at winning championships in Kansas City. At the draft one of the programs got a lot of heat here for comparing him to Jay Cutler coming out of college, and while he certainly seems to have a brain whereas Cutler never did, those things are why one QB can work out but the other didn't.

There's no point in grading him on those points because we haven't seen him under live fire yet. (counting the depleated donks last year as basically a preseason game)
But regaring the Donx game last year, wasn't Mahomes the QB of an even more depleted Chiefs Offense? :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:23 PM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Having a huge arm is nice but it's not really a trait that's always associated with the most successful quarterbacks ever. It's a nice highlight every now and again, which is fine. Guys who rely on arm strength usually aren't great QBs, and plenty of great ones don't have elite arms strength. The other things are a bigger factor.
John Elway says other wise.
[Reply]
O.city 12:34 PM 08-18-2018
Manning had a cannon early in his career as well
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:39 PM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
He's right, though.

There's a lot that goes into making a great QB. Having elite arm strength is a very small piece of the puzzle. You've just got to have a guy who can make all the throws.. which most NFL QBs are physically capable of.

Of all the top QBs of all time, who really had elite arm strength? Elway, Favre, Rodgers. Maybe Marino? Idk, he was a bit before my time. I know he had an elite release though.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:30 PM 08-18-2018
Best QB play in a chiefs uniform since Trent.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:44 PM 08-18-2018
God damn that guy has a cannon.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:51 PM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Elway supposedly had a big arm, but he lacked the accuracy or judgment to be a good quarterback.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:52 PM 08-18-2018

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:54 PM 08-18-2018
But I think the reason that a lot of people here are so excited is that we see stuff beyond the arm strength. The coaches see it and so do a ton of scouts and analysts. Enough rational reason to be excited well beyond the arm.

There is cake under that icing, if you will.
[Reply]
PmCakes 08:44 AM 08-19-2018
Without getting to excited about the deep throw he actually showed good poise in the pocket and going thru progressions.
I hope he's more careful too about going after those big plays he was throwing on one leg and two fatties could have taken out his leg on that monster throw.
[Reply]
PmCakes 08:47 AM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by CrowbarMan:
Was Atlanta's starting D on the field at the end of the half?

If not his grade should be a D or F for the terrible throws. Most teams won't give up a bomb like that with 28 seconds to go in the half. You know it's coming.

It doesn't matter who he was up against the fact is they connected on a deep ass throw that took two to dance. Am I biased TTU fan? Probably.

But Keanu Neal or Ron Parker would have been toast regardless.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up