ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 163 of 256
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:31 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
TOP 10

1. The Last of Us
2. Uncharted
3. Uncharted 2
4. Uncharted 3
5. God of War
6 God of war 3
7 God of War 2018
8. Bioshock
9. Tomb raider 2013
10. Wolfenstein: Return to Castle Wolfenstein
I played the Original Castle Wolfenstein on Apple II lolz

[Reply]
Simply Red 12:50 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Witcher 3 is definitely in my top 10. Probably top 3 in later generation gaming. My favorites are still Castlevania symphony of the night and super Metroid. Hollow Knight is badass, can’t wait for the sequel.
Nice, I will need to look into two of the ones you mentioned. Thanks
[Reply]
Bump 02:08 AM 03-14-2022
we are doing top 10's? This would be mine based on what I've played

1. Path of Exile - my favorite game of all time, I still play it and still love it
2. Starcraft: brood wars - played that so much in the late 90's/early 2000's
3. Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Call of Duty 4: Modern warfare - I don't play COD anymore but I loved that game when it came out and it changed things
6. Ark Survival Evolved - despite the many problems, it's the most ambitious game of all time and there is no experience quite like it. Made a lot of friends playing this and you build camaraderie with these people.
7. Smite - as irritating as moba's can be, I still play it after all these years
8. Halo - haven't played one since 3, but those were some good times back in the day

I guess I'll just do a top 8, can't think of anything else that should be on such a list
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:49 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:

1. Path of Exile - my favorite game of all time, I still play it and still love it
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Call of Duty 4: Modern warfare - I don't play COD anymore but I loved that game when it came out and it changed things
6. Ark Survival Evolved - despite the many problems, it's the most ambitious game of all time and there is no experience quite like it. Made a lot of friends playing this and you build camaraderie with these people.
7. Smite - as irritating as moba's can be, I still play it after all these years
8. Halo - haven't played one since 3, but those were some good times back in the day

I guess I'll just do a top 8, can't think of anything else that should be on such a list
I really want to love POE but the graphics just make me stop playing, waiting for POE 2. Elder Scrolls Oblivion is in my top 20 and Ark Survival Evolved is a ton of fun too.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:08 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I won't go as far as making a top 10, but games that stand out the most in my mind (in no particular order)

World of Warcraft
RDR2 (and RDR 1)
GTA V Online
Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)
The original Gran Turismo series
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and the subsequent "Underground" variants.
Double Dragon (NES)
Ninja Turtles (NES)
Mortal Kombat
Madden
Galaga
Yours is probably the most diverse list. You've got an RPG, MMORPG, a couple racing games, a couple open worlders, some side-scrollers, a fighting game, sports game and an arcade game.

Quick questions: is the Ninja Turtles game you're referencing Turtles in Time or a different one? I think TiT is the only Ninja Turtles game I remember playing.

I randomly picked up Need for Speed: Underground back in the day. At that point the only racing game I had ever played was Gran Turismo: A-spec. I had this badass little ricer. It was all black, had some type of rose design on the side with the pink lights under the car. I don't know shit about cars but the aesthetic of that game was very pleasing. I can't hear Get Low anymore without thinking of it.

Also, Double Dragon makes me think about Contra for some reason. Anyone remember Contra?

Originally Posted by Frazod:
My top ten of all time:

Witcher 3
Skyrim
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Freelancer
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 4
Mass Effect 2
Fable
Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Seems like you like the open worlders and fantasy/sci-fi.

I've only heard great things about Star Wars: KotOR and Mass Effect but have never played either.

Originally Posted by SuperChief:
My Top 10 (no particular order)

LoZ: Ocarina of Time
Paper Mario
Final Fantasy X
God of War (2018)
Fable
Rocket League
CoD: Modern Warfare 2
Overwatch
LoZ: Breath of the Wild
TES5: Skyrim
You seem like another open worlder/fantasy guy with a little bit of team-based shooter sprinkled in.

I have to say thank you for bringing LoZ into the mix. To be honest with you, Ocarina of Time would likely make my top 10 and A Link to the Past might as well.

Modern Warfare was a big one for me too. At the time that one came out I was on a video game hiatus, hadn't touched any games in probably 5+ years. I went over to a friend's house and they're playing Modern Warfare 2. I'm like "this game looks fucking awesome!". Literally went out and got a new flatscreen and X Box 360 like a week later to play. I'll never forget how hooked I was on that game. You could see how much time you'd spent on it and I remember when I stopped playing I had 18 days on that fucking game. Wouldn't trade that time either. Those CoD lobbies were something else. Til this day, the most I've ever been called a nigger :-)

Originally Posted by Stryker:
TOP 10

1. The Last of Us
2. Uncharted
3. Uncharted 2
4. Uncharted 3
5. God of War
6 God of war 3
7 God of War 2018
8. Bioshock
9. Tomb raider 2013
10. Wolfenstein: Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Haha, seems like we've got a theme here. 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 9 are pretty similar in play style. You love the linear platformers.

Originally Posted by Bump:

4. Red Dead Redemption

Your list is also pretty diverse. You've got MMORPG, shooter, a couple open worlders, MOBA.. I don't think I've ever even heard of Path of Exile.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:38 AM 03-14-2022
Fuck, how did you guys narrow it down to a top 10? This shit is CROWDED.

Just from the SNES/SEGA era, I'd want to include like five games!

Any top 10 list for me absolutely needs to have a Mario game in it. At least one. I could legitimately make a case for Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the 7 Stars, Yoshi's Island..

I'd want another classic side-scroller from that era as well. Sonic the Hedgehog? Donkey Kong Country? Disney's Aladdin?

I'd need a fighter. Obvious choices are the original Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter II, though that first Tekken and MK11 are really fun.

Have to have a shooter somewhere. CoD: Modern Warfare 2 and Goldeneye 007 are the choices for me, but I'd have to shout out Doom and Black Ops as well.

Either Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X has to make my list, no question. I've long thought X might actually be the superior game but VII holds a special place in my heart.

I'd need a sports game as well. Madden is my best choice, probably the 2004 edition. I did love me some NBA Jam, Tecmo Bowl and NFL/NBA Street, though! I just don't think I could justify putting those types of games on an all-time list.

A couple of franchises that are just too good not to have at least one on the list: Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Legend of Zelda, God of War.

I'm still wanting to add other games like Batman: Arkham City, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Resident Evil 4, Assassin's Creed II: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Origins, Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim, Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, Civilization, Age of Empires/Mythology.

I'll need some time to think about this..
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:46 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
****, how did you guys narrow it down to a top 10? This shit is CROWDED.

Just from the SNES/SEGA era, I'd want to include like five games!

Any top 10 list for me absolutely needs to have a Mario game in it. At least one. I could legitimately make a case for Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the 7 Stars, Yoshi's Island..

I'd want another classic side-scroller from that era as well. Sonic the Hedgehog? Donkey Kong Country? Disney's Aladdin?

I'd need a fighter. Obvious choices are the original Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter II, though that first Tekken and MK11 are really fun.

Have to have a shooter somewhere. CoD: Modern Warfare 2 and Goldeneye 007 are the choices for me, but I'd have to shout out Doom and Black Ops as well.

Either Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X has to make my list, no question. I've long thought X might actually be the superior game but VII holds a special place in my heart.

I'd need a sports game as well. Madden is my best choice, probably the 2004 edition. I did love me some NBA Jam, Tecmo Bowl and NFL/NBA Street, though! I just don't think I could justify putting those types of games on an all-time list.

A couple of franchises that are just too good not to have at least one on the list: Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Legend of Zelda, God of War.

I'm still wanting to add other games like Batman: Arkham City, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Resident Evil 4, Assassin's Creed II: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Origins, Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim, Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, Civilization, Age of Empires/Mythology.

I'll need some time to think about this..
Ohhhhhh man, Pokemon Yellow was my jam back in the day. I can't even count how many times I beat that game.

I jumped into Fallout just this past year with Fallout 4, and man, I wish I had played New Vegas when it came out. It looks pretty dated right now, which I think would take me out of it too much to really enjoy its supposed genius.

It was hard for me to not include games like Hades, RDR, Super Mario 64, Resident Evil 4, or NFL Blitz on my list.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:59 AM 03-14-2022
Ohhhhhh man, Pokemon Yellow was my jam back in the day. I can't even count how many times I beat that game.

I jumped into Fallout just this past year with Fallout 4, and man, I wish I had played New Vegas when it came out. It looks pretty dated right now, which I think would take me out of it too much to really enjoy its supposed genius.

It was hard for me to not include games like Hades, RDR, Super Mario 64, Resident Evil 4, or NFL Blitz on my list.
New Vegas has always looked ugly to me, I never got into it. Fallout 3 is still my favorite of the series.
[Reply]
blake5676 09:04 AM 03-14-2022
I honestly quit playing video games sometime in high school. Played a little of the original Playstation but for me it was mostly NES, SNES, and Sega growing up. Loved Mortal Kombat and Mario games as a kid, as well as some of the sports games. But my ultimate favorite was Donkey Kong Country and then part 2 and 3 that followed.

I've never really played any of the first person shooter games and today's popular titles seem confusing to me and something I'm not sure I'm all that interested in. All that being said, I did get a Nintendo Switch a few years ago. Bought Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Never picked up the thing until this winter. Realized you could play old SNES and NES games on the thing and I went back and replayed all the old DK games as well as the "newer" Tropical Freeze. I freaking loved it.

I understand that type of side scrolling game isn't what's popular these days, but any suggestions for games similar to that for me to maybe try out? Like I said, I'm quite unfamiliar with anything outside of video games from the early 90's and Tropical Freeze had some new elements and 3D parts to it, but it was fairly similar to what I was used to in the past. Looking for suggestions.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:09 AM 03-14-2022
Actually retro games are extremely popular right now.

You won't find as many of them on the major consoles, though. They're much more popular on Steam and things like handhelds. Even Apple Arcade has some interesting titles.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:13 AM 03-14-2022
I'm not surprised we didn't see many mentions of Pokemon. That was one that just happened to pop into my head when I was considering the Gameboy era. Truly, the Pokemon games were the only ones for me that would be considered on an all-time list. I mentioned Contra earlier; that's the only other that would come close.

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
New Vegas has always looked ugly to me, I never got into it. Fallout 3 is still my favorite of the series.
I was lucky enough to have a coworker lend me New Vegas on for XBox 360. It was the edition with all of the DLC so it must have been years after its release, but I don't think the newer gens were out yet (if they were it was very early).

New Vegas almost made a lifelong fan of me. That was the first Fallout I'd ever played and despite not being able to finish after my save file got corrupted/glitched, I was eager to play Fallout 4. The negative reviews early on steered me away, though.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:18 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm not surprised we didn't see many mentions of Pokemon. That was one that just happened to pop into my head when I was considering the Gameboy era. Truly, the Pokemon games were the only ones for me that would be considered on an all-time list. I mentioned Contra earlier; that's the only other that would come close.

I was lucky enough to have a coworker lend me New Vegas on for XBox 360. It was the edition with all of the DLC so it must have been years after its release, but I don't think the newer gens were out yet (if they were it was very early).

New Vegas almost made a lifelong fan of me. That was the first Fallout I'd ever played and despite not being able to finish after my save file got corrupted/glitched, I was eager to play Fallout 4. The negative reviews early on steered me away, though.
New Vegas was made by Obsidian, I believe it was the only Fallout game made by someone other than Bethesda. I bought it when it first came out and tried many times to get into it and it never grabbed me. I loved Fallout 3 so much I couldn't wait to play NV. Fallout 4 was pretty good too and only gets better if you're on PC.

The mods are what make Fallout/Elder Scrolls games, some pretty wild stuff you can get. I remember I had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mod for Skyrim(Might have been Oblivion) and they were your bodyguards it was incredibly fun.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:21 AM 03-14-2022
That makes me think about how random all of this shit can be sometimes. Some of these games I had no knowledge of or intention to ever play, but happened upon them somehow and they sort of change your life in a minimal way.

Red Dead Redemption for instance. I don't particularly care for cowboys or the wild West, but I worked with a guy who was a gamer back in the day. He told me about this new game he had just beat. He's like "bro, it's like GTA but with cowboys instead". He told me he'd rather sell it to me for $10 instead of Gamestop so I said fuck it. Took it home and fucking loved it, then that obviously led to me picking up RDR2 which was even better.

Final Fantasy VII was another big one. My mom came home one day with the PS1 and she had a few games with it. I absolutely do not remember any of the games except Final Fantasy. I'd never played a FF game and neither had my mom. I saw Cloud on the cover with that big ass sword looking up at the Shinra HQ and 7 year old me was like "hmm.. looks interesting".. She easily could have come back with like Madden or Crash Bandicoot or something and I probably would never have been introduced to the FF series.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:25 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
New Vegas was made by Obsidian, I believe it was the only Fallout game made by someone other than Bethesda. I bought it when it first came out and tried many times to get into it and it never grabbed me. I loved Fallout 3 so much I couldn't wait to play NV. Fallout 4 was pretty good too and only gets better if you're on PC.

The mods are what make Fallout/Elder Scrolls games, some pretty wild stuff you can get. I remember I had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mod for Skyrim(Might have been Oblivion) and they were your bodyguards it was incredibly fun.
I've been pretty strictly a console gamer my whole life so I've completely missed out on the mods! Sounds fun, though.

I think the only games I prefer on PC are sims like Civilization, The Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Age of Empires/Mythology, etc. For anything else I much prefer a controller and the simplicity of a console. I don't know the first thing about graphics cards and shit like that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:25 AM 03-14-2022
Alright, I'm done, y'all. I was just feeling nostalgic and had a lot to say on the topic lol
[Reply]
Page 163 of 256
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213 > Last »
Up