ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs-Bears Sunday night game might get flexed [nope]
siberian khatru 01:00 PM 12-11-2019
OK by me

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...238274933.html

NFL reportedly may want to flex Chiefs-Bears game out of ‘Sunday Night Football’ slot

When the 2019 NFL schedule was released, the Chiefs’ game on Dec. 22 in Chicago checked all the boxes for being broadcast in prime time.

Two teams with playoff aspirations, star power in Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, and the connection between the head coaches. The Bears’ Matt Nagy was an assistant under the Chiefs’ Andy Reid.

That is why the game was scheduled to be broadcast on NBC on “Sunday Night Football.”

Alas, the playoff implications appear minimal for both teams and the NFL is considering flexing the game out of prime time, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

The deciding factor will come Sunday when the Bears play in Green Bay. Chicago has a 2% chance of making the playoffs, according to FiveThirtyEight.com and the New York Times. Both say a Packers will would give the Bears a less than 1% shot at the playoffs.

“The game would likely be replaced by the Saints-Titans,” the Sun-Times wrote.

“The league typically has a 12-day window to ‘flex’ their Sunday night game. But when Tuesday came and went, the league confirmed that it shifted to a six-day window for the Week 16 game. “

Tennessee, 8-5, is currently in a tied atop the AFC South with the Texans, but Houston holds the tie-breaker and is the fourth seed in the playoff field. Houston plays at Tennessee on Sunday.

The Saints still have a shot at the top spot in the NFC playoff field.

If flexed, the Chiefs’ game would be moved to the afternoon. The NFL schedule currently shows the Saints-Titans game set to kick off at noon and be broadcast on CBS.

You can read more of the Sun-Times story here.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:48 PM 12-15-2019
We will beat them Any time.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:55 PM 12-15-2019
Good. I get off work on Sundays just in time for SNF.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 06:31 PM 12-15-2019
I'll be there in red. Looking like it will at least be in the 30s at kickoff. My family and I were hoping it would get flexed to the daytime.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 07:13 PM 12-15-2019
If you want to put your NFL conspiracy caps on, you could say that the NFL would want the Bills to beat NE Sunday afternoon...setting up the Sunday night game drama...can Mahomes and the Chiefs get the 2nd seed?

One can hope :-)
[Reply]
Hamwallet 07:16 PM 12-15-2019
I hope they flex it. Sunday and Monday night games are terrible when you live on the east coast. Damn games don’t get over until midnight or 1am.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:56 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
If you want to put your NFL conspiracy caps on, you could say that the NFL would want the Bills to beat NE Sunday afternoon...setting up the Sunday night game drama...can Mahomes and the Chiefs get the 2nd seed?

That game is Saturday.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:03 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
I hope they flex it. Sunday and Monday night games are terrible when you live on the east coast. Damn games don’t get over until midnight or 1am.
Eastern time is the worst. Take Central time over it anytime.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:26 PM 12-15-2019
the NFL would want the Bills to beat NE Sunday afternoon...setting up the Sunday night game drama...can Mahomes and the Chiefs get the 2nd seed?

It’s Saturday afternoon but I hope you are right.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:15 AM 12-16-2019

Ding ding ding
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:19 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/...505733125?s=19

No change.

Well shit.

I'm getting next Sat night off but i'll probably have to call in on Sunday because of alcohol poisoning for a late game. Noon games are so much better.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:21 AM 12-16-2019
I typically want all Chiefs games played at Noon on Sundays.

However, since I have to go to my parents this weekend, the SNF game is perfect as I can leave after lunch and drive home and watch the game in peace and quiet in my basement.

Thanks NFL
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:42 AM 12-16-2019
Really strange,I just checked scores and odds and Saturdays 3 games have no spreads or totals listed yet all of the Sunday games do.

BTW KC opened at -4 and have now been bet to -5
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 02:30 PM 12-16-2019
I don't understand them not flexing it, but I like it! I love primetime games.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:37 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Only explanation is the NFL hates Frazod.
Who could blame them?
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:40 PM 12-16-2019

Is there anything in that game for the Bills other than pride and hurting NE? Assuming no one believes the Pats will lose to Miami the next week.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up