ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs-Bears Sunday night game might get flexed [nope]
siberian khatru 01:00 PM 12-11-2019
OK by me

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...238274933.html

NFL reportedly may want to flex Chiefs-Bears game out of ‘Sunday Night Football’ slot

When the 2019 NFL schedule was released, the Chiefs’ game on Dec. 22 in Chicago checked all the boxes for being broadcast in prime time.

Two teams with playoff aspirations, star power in Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, and the connection between the head coaches. The Bears’ Matt Nagy was an assistant under the Chiefs’ Andy Reid.

That is why the game was scheduled to be broadcast on NBC on “Sunday Night Football.”

Alas, the playoff implications appear minimal for both teams and the NFL is considering flexing the game out of prime time, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

The deciding factor will come Sunday when the Bears play in Green Bay. Chicago has a 2% chance of making the playoffs, according to FiveThirtyEight.com and the New York Times. Both say a Packers will would give the Bears a less than 1% shot at the playoffs.

“The game would likely be replaced by the Saints-Titans,” the Sun-Times wrote.

“The league typically has a 12-day window to ‘flex’ their Sunday night game. But when Tuesday came and went, the league confirmed that it shifted to a six-day window for the Week 16 game. “

Tennessee, 8-5, is currently in a tied atop the AFC South with the Texans, but Houston holds the tie-breaker and is the fourth seed in the playoff field. Houston plays at Tennessee on Sunday.

The Saints still have a shot at the top spot in the NFC playoff field.

If flexed, the Chiefs’ game would be moved to the afternoon. The NFL schedule currently shows the Saints-Titans game set to kick off at noon and be broadcast on CBS.

You can read more of the Sun-Times story here.
[Reply]
philfree 01:01 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
They want the game with most implications
The Chiefs gunning for a bye is implications.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:04 PM 12-14-2019
Pats play only dogshit offenses. They feast on them..
[Reply]
BWillie 01:05 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Good, make it a noon game. I like those a lot better.
Why? Those are the worst and they ruin my day. I spend my entire Sunday just sitting on my ass watching Chiefs. I love SNF games.
[Reply]
philfree 01:06 PM 12-14-2019
I feel like those guys are vulnerable and are going to drop another game.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:06 PM 12-14-2019
Good offenses can beat elite defenses. Defense is overrated.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:19 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
Week 16 must be announced 12 days out.

Week 17 has the 6 day window

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

They changed it this week.

“The league typically has a 12-day window to ‘flex’ their Sunday night game. But when Tuesday came and went, the league confirmed that it shifted to a six-day window for the Week 16 game. “

“The game would likely be replaced by the Saints-Titans,” the Sun-Times wrote.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:34 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
. I spend my entire Sunday just sitting on my ass watching Chiefs. .
And???
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:35 PM 12-14-2019
Good offenses can beat elite defenses. Defense is overrated.
Yeah and they play 3 horrible teams, so they will get a bye.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:37 PM 12-14-2019
Why? Those are the worst and they ruin my day. I spend my entire Sunday just sitting on my ass watching Chiefs. I love SNF games.
Because then I don't have to suffer through other games that I don't really give a shit about. It frees up my evening and night time to do whatever I want.
I hate afternoon or night games. Football was meant to be a noon time game.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:46 PM 12-14-2019
Trubisky and Mahomes are both exactly 253-392. Only difference is that Mahomes has 3266 yards to Trubisky’s 2440.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:32 AM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Because then I don't have to suffer through other games that I don't really give a shit about. It frees up my evening and night time to do whatever I want.
I hate afternoon or night games. Football was meant to be a noon time game.
All this.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:08 AM 12-15-2019
I don't get all the hate for Cris Collinsworth, he is one of the least abrasive IMO. I like his enthusiasm and knowledge of the game.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:05 AM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I don't get all the hate for Cris Collinsworth, he is one of the least abrasive IMO. I like his enthusiasm and knowledge of the game.
I hated him on Inside the NFL. He isn't bad on games or pregame commentary...
[Reply]
treeguy27 09:08 AM 12-15-2019
Collinsworth is great as long as he's not calling a Pats game.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:15 AM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Trubisky and Mahomes are both exactly 253-392. Only difference is that Mahomes has 3266 yards to Trubisky’s 2440.
Lol, wow
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up