ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs-Bears Sunday night game might get flexed [nope]
siberian khatru 01:00 PM 12-11-2019
OK by me

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...238274933.html

NFL reportedly may want to flex Chiefs-Bears game out of ‘Sunday Night Football’ slot

When the 2019 NFL schedule was released, the Chiefs’ game on Dec. 22 in Chicago checked all the boxes for being broadcast in prime time.

Two teams with playoff aspirations, star power in Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, and the connection between the head coaches. The Bears’ Matt Nagy was an assistant under the Chiefs’ Andy Reid.

That is why the game was scheduled to be broadcast on NBC on “Sunday Night Football.”

Alas, the playoff implications appear minimal for both teams and the NFL is considering flexing the game out of prime time, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

The deciding factor will come Sunday when the Bears play in Green Bay. Chicago has a 2% chance of making the playoffs, according to FiveThirtyEight.com and the New York Times. Both say a Packers will would give the Bears a less than 1% shot at the playoffs.

“The game would likely be replaced by the Saints-Titans,” the Sun-Times wrote.

“The league typically has a 12-day window to ‘flex’ their Sunday night game. But when Tuesday came and went, the league confirmed that it shifted to a six-day window for the Week 16 game. “

Tennessee, 8-5, is currently in a tied atop the AFC South with the Texans, but Houston holds the tie-breaker and is the fourth seed in the playoff field. Houston plays at Tennessee on Sunday.

The Saints still have a shot at the top spot in the NFC playoff field.

If flexed, the Chiefs’ game would be moved to the afternoon. The NFL schedule currently shows the Saints-Titans game set to kick off at noon and be broadcast on CBS.

You can read more of the Sun-Times story here.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:41 PM 12-11-2019
I'm reading that a lot of people prefer a noon kickoff. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I was thinking that when a prime time game gets flexed out, that it moves to the 3pm slot as a nationally broadcast game.

Edit: Nevermind. I was mistaken. I looked it up. It most likely would be moved to a noon game
[Reply]
wazu 08:27 PM 12-11-2019
I kinda doubt they flex the Chiefs out.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:29 PM 12-11-2019
Prefer the Noon game to the Sunday night game.

Hope they do flex it out.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:52 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I hear ya, but counter with:

Booger
Fouts

(It could be worse than Collinsworth)
Charles Davis is climbing up the board for me recently. Ever since the Chiefs Lions game. Man is he annoying.

I never know how I feel about Collinsworth. He is fantastic with x's and o's. He sees small things in real time that is incredible imo. But his hyperbole and love for everyone is not only annoying and over-dramatic, but it takes away all perspective for when he is actually making a decent point.
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:06 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's a giant pain in the ass to get to Soldier Field. Unless you're one of the privileged few there's no decent parking within a mile of the stadium, traffic is a nightmare, and public transit gets overwhelmed and generally sucks. Just like most everything else in this ****ing sewer. Throw in darkness and a howling freezing gale coming in off the lake, and yeah, better to do it early.
This is so funny Tim
sitting here in a waiting room reading on my phone. (Not sure how people do that on a regular basis)
Anyway, knew it was your post without scrolling over.😎
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:44 PM 12-12-2019
Booger and Fouts should have a cage match as the worst analysts for the NFL currently.

Please suggest other's that should be put in the cage and let them all fight to the death and the winner will then be shot
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:44 AM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's a giant pain in the ass to get to Soldier Field. Unless you're one of the privileged few there's no decent parking within a mile of the stadium, traffic is a nightmare, and public transit gets overwhelmed and generally sucks. Just like most everything else in this fucking sewer. Throw in darkness and a howling freezing gale coming in off the lake, and yeah, better to do it early.

Weather shouldn’t be too bad.

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:09 PM 12-14-2019
I'm OK with that. I prefer day games.

If I were a betting man I'd say they're looking at Eagles Cowboys getting flexed.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:15 PM 12-14-2019
You realize it's Titans Saints being debated right?
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12:28 PM 12-14-2019
They would have had to made the announcement LAST Tuesday, so it's really a moot point at this time. We're on to Chicago for a night game.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:41 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You realize it's Titans Saints being debated right?
Nope.

I would think Mahomes going against that Bears D is more interesting than the second fiddle Saints and the wanna be Titans. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:47 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
They would have had to made the announcement LAST Tuesday, so it's really a moot point at this time. We're on to Chicago for a night game.
They changed it to 6 days out for this one. Depends on Sundays results.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:48 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Nope.

I would think Mahomes going against that Bears D is more interesting than the second fiddle Saints and the wanna be Titans. Just my opinion.
They want the game with most implications
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12:50 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
They changed it to 6 days out for this one. Depends on Sundays results.
Week 16 must be announced 12 days out.
Week 17 has the 6 day window

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:59 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
Week 16 must be announced 12 days out.
Week 17 has the 6 day window

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules
Read the damn OP
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8