ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs-Bears Sunday night game might get flexed [nope]
siberian khatru 01:00 PM 12-11-2019
OK by me

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...238274933.html

NFL reportedly may want to flex Chiefs-Bears game out of ‘Sunday Night Football’ slot

When the 2019 NFL schedule was released, the Chiefs’ game on Dec. 22 in Chicago checked all the boxes for being broadcast in prime time.

Two teams with playoff aspirations, star power in Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, and the connection between the head coaches. The Bears’ Matt Nagy was an assistant under the Chiefs’ Andy Reid.

That is why the game was scheduled to be broadcast on NBC on “Sunday Night Football.”

Alas, the playoff implications appear minimal for both teams and the NFL is considering flexing the game out of prime time, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

The deciding factor will come Sunday when the Bears play in Green Bay. Chicago has a 2% chance of making the playoffs, according to FiveThirtyEight.com and the New York Times. Both say a Packers will would give the Bears a less than 1% shot at the playoffs.

“The game would likely be replaced by the Saints-Titans,” the Sun-Times wrote.

“The league typically has a 12-day window to ‘flex’ their Sunday night game. But when Tuesday came and went, the league confirmed that it shifted to a six-day window for the Week 16 game. “

Tennessee, 8-5, is currently in a tied atop the AFC South with the Texans, but Houston holds the tie-breaker and is the fourth seed in the playoff field. Houston plays at Tennessee on Sunday.

The Saints still have a shot at the top spot in the NFC playoff field.

If flexed, the Chiefs’ game would be moved to the afternoon. The NFL schedule currently shows the Saints-Titans game set to kick off at noon and be broadcast on CBS.

You can read more of the Sun-Times story here.
[Reply]
Spott 03:47 PM 12-11-2019
I’d rather it be a noon game. We generally play better during the day and the Bears might play harder under the lights.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:08 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's a giant pain in the ass to get to Soldier Field. Unless you're one of the privileged few there's no decent parking within a mile of the stadium, traffic is a nightmare, and public transit gets overwhelmed and generally sucks. Just like most everything else in this fucking sewer. Throw in darkness and a howling freezing gale coming in off the lake, and yeah, better to do it early.
Not to mention flying spiders. Chicago is a fucking house of horrors.

https://weather.com/science/nature/n...y-city-chicago
[Reply]
Frazod 04:11 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Not to mention flying spiders. Chicago is a fucking house of horrors.

https://weather.com/science/nature/n...y-city-chicago
That's just great. Add it to the list. :-)

Probably won't be an issue at the end of December, though.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 04:16 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
His insufferable hyperbole of player x "is one of the best..." is just too much. He calls multiple players every single week one of the best players in the league.
Yeah, that's a fair point.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:25 PM 12-11-2019
Has this fucker been flexed yet?????
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:39 PM 12-11-2019
We play better in the afternoon than evening.
[Reply]
sedated 04:43 PM 12-11-2019
That's kinda too bad since it's around Xmas time. Families in town, and a night game is a bigger deal to non-sports fans.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:04 PM 12-11-2019
Got tix and BIL is flying in for the game so I’m hoping it gets flexed to noon so I can get his Bears loving ass out on an earlier flight.
[Reply]
tmax63 05:32 PM 12-11-2019
I hope it ends up with zero playoff implications, gets flexed and the Chiefs can rest a bunch of players
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:47 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I hope it ends up with zero playoff implications, gets flexed and the Chiefs can rest a bunch of players
Thats not possible.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 06:52 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
good. I hate SNF.

I know I'm in the minority, but I can't stand that broadcast and Football night In America.
Collinsworth is awful and grating.
RPO!

Have I told you about RPOs lately?!
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:00 PM 12-11-2019
Twitter When Booger is announcing is priceless. They roast him so bad.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:01 PM 12-11-2019
Saints - Titans might be the non obvious choice to flex if the Iggles or 'Merikuhs team are already at 6 prime time games.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:39 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’d like it to be flexed. Road night games are never easier than a day game.
This
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:39 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I hear ya, but counter with:

Booger
Fouts

(It could be worse than Collinsworth)
Booger eats it.
Fouts molests collies.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8