ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs-Bears Sunday night game might get flexed [nope]
siberian khatru 01:00 PM 12-11-2019
OK by me

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...238274933.html

NFL reportedly may want to flex Chiefs-Bears game out of ‘Sunday Night Football’ slot

When the 2019 NFL schedule was released, the Chiefs’ game on Dec. 22 in Chicago checked all the boxes for being broadcast in prime time.

Two teams with playoff aspirations, star power in Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, and the connection between the head coaches. The Bears’ Matt Nagy was an assistant under the Chiefs’ Andy Reid.

That is why the game was scheduled to be broadcast on NBC on “Sunday Night Football.”

Alas, the playoff implications appear minimal for both teams and the NFL is considering flexing the game out of prime time, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

The deciding factor will come Sunday when the Bears play in Green Bay. Chicago has a 2% chance of making the playoffs, according to FiveThirtyEight.com and the New York Times. Both say a Packers will would give the Bears a less than 1% shot at the playoffs.

“The game would likely be replaced by the Saints-Titans,” the Sun-Times wrote.

“The league typically has a 12-day window to ‘flex’ their Sunday night game. But when Tuesday came and went, the league confirmed that it shifted to a six-day window for the Week 16 game. “

Tennessee, 8-5, is currently in a tied atop the AFC South with the Texans, but Houston holds the tie-breaker and is the fourth seed in the playoff field. Houston plays at Tennessee on Sunday.

The Saints still have a shot at the top spot in the NFC playoff field.

If flexed, the Chiefs’ game would be moved to the afternoon. The NFL schedule currently shows the Saints-Titans game set to kick off at noon and be broadcast on CBS.

You can read more of the Sun-Times story here.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:03 PM 12-11-2019
Nooooo I want Patrick to improve his SNF record
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:03 PM 12-11-2019
Too bad the world won't get to see the long-awaited first round of Trubisky vs. Mahomes.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:04 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Too bad the world won't get to see the long-awaited first round of Trubisky vs. Mahomes.
:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 01:04 PM 12-11-2019
Going to this.

Would prefer it's moved to afternoon.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 01:06 PM 12-11-2019
I’m going to this one, a Sunday night at Soldier Field sounded fun.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:13 PM 12-11-2019
Would prefer this moved to the afternoon so that I can go to my rec league hockey game that night.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:16 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Going to this.

Would prefer it's moved to afternoon.
THIS. God I hope they move it.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:18 PM 12-11-2019
I much prefer the afternoon games, please flex it!
[Reply]
luv 01:20 PM 12-11-2019
My dad and some friends are going to this game. Dad was worried about the cold, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind it being a noon game.

They only thing that would suck is if you paid more for your tickets thinking it was a prime time game whenever you wouldn't have paid that much if they were just another noon game.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:21 PM 12-11-2019
I’d like it to be flexed. Road night games are never easier than a day game.
[Reply]
O.city 01:44 PM 12-11-2019
Good, make it a noon game. I like those a lot better.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:03 PM 12-11-2019
I hope they do.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:07 PM 12-11-2019
good. I hate SNF.

I know I'm in the minority, but I can't stand that broadcast and Football night In America.
Collinsworth is awful and grating.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:14 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
good. I hate SNF.

I know I'm in the minority, but I can't stand that broadcast and Football night In America.
Collinsworth is awful and grating.
I hear ya, but counter with:

Booger
Fouts

(It could be worse than Collinsworth)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up