ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Are you worried about Patrick Mahomes?
Yes 58 35.15%
No 107 64.85%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you worried about Patrick Mahomes?
TLO 08:25 PM 12-08-2019
Want to get a general consensus from the collective brain trust of www.chiefsplanet.com . I've heard some rumblings in different places that people are concerned with the play of Mahomes.

Are you concerned with his play?

Poll.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:02 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Thas a great deal of excuses for an NFL player . .

Its an outdoor game...every qb faces the elements
And he dramatically outplayed the other QB in each of these games.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 06:18 AM 12-09-2019
looking at the big picture Id rather have this team coming up and winning games on Defense then last years team having to score 40+ each week to win .

I think the problem is Mahomes has been hit so much this year hes not comfrortable in the pocket..throwing the ball quick and not being able to get through his reads. .

we'll click on offense again soon and then its a wrap for the rest of the league
[Reply]
tredadda 06:51 AM 12-09-2019
While not worried, something seems off. This is not the same 5,000 yard 50 TD MVP we saw last year. Not sure if it’s because of the line, running game, play calling, something else, or a combination of those factors. I no longer believe this offense will score at will anymore and get more nervous that it won’t be able to hold a lead when it matters most.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:20 AM 12-09-2019
I am concerned, like a few others have posted, that the poor line play is contributing to him falling back on some bad tendencies. Yes, last year he was unbelievable and made so many amazing plays that I expect him to do that now. There were a lot of missed open receivers that would have put the game away. I don't blame him for being gun shy; this year has been rough on him with the injuries. I would imagine that he doesn't totally trust his body and needs some time to get back to that stage. I am guilty of expecting these guys to be robots and they aren't; just flesh and bone like the rest of us.
[Reply]
treeguy27 08:36 AM 12-09-2019
Anyone who denies he's playing differently than last year is being a homer. He isn't as cool and confident in the pocket as he was last year. The good news is that it isn't a sign of him regressing as much as it's a symptom of the terrible O-line play. He's been banged up and just trying to protect himself. Last year he would step up in a collapsing pocket and deliver a strike. Now he is uncomfortable back there, not staying focused downfield and bailing early. It should be a simple thing to correct if and when the line play improves.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:57 AM 12-09-2019
I still wonder if this is just not a good year for the qb. My theory... Offenses went so heavy on the spread that defenses adjusted with power personnel. Notice that the Rams picked their offense back up by getting Gurley going again. It might be just the wrong place, wrong time. Our OL can't handle that. Our RBs arent good enough to beat not great blocking. I also noticed mahomes taking a few snaps under center and we actually ran pretty well... Is that a liability for mahomes to always be in shotgun? Shouldn't Andy Reid be doing better to set up the run?

We were on the cutting edge with the spread last year and now the tide is shifting to running. I'm more pissed than anything that we wasted some of that spread window on Alex Smith. But our team is still pretty good and I still feel like teams will quickly adapt and passing games will be on point again. We aren't the only team with a less exciting pass offense this season. The best qbs this year are either runners or game managers who complement their running game.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:23 AM 12-09-2019
Seems pretty simple to me.
He is running for his life back there. He has sustained some injuries.
Fix the line and 95% of what is being discussed as "concerns" in this thread goes away.
And go find a running back...............
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:30 AM 12-09-2019
Worried, how?

In the realistic sense, that he's probably beat up to the point that it's impacting his play? Meh... I wasn't expecting a SB or anything, so my expectations are pretty low (even though if the Chiefs and Patriots are seriously two of the top 3 teams in the AFC, WTF knows, it could happen).

In a CP sense, where he's "off" now, so he'll be off forever (well, until he lights it up one game, then he'll be amazing forever again)? Oh noes!
[Reply]
redfan 10:32 AM 12-09-2019
Worried about his health? Yes
Worried about his game play? Nope, he good
Extremely vague poll
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:36 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by redhed:
Worried about his health? Yes
Worried about his game play? Nope, he good
Extremely vague poll
Mahomes isn't 100% healthy, but he's still ball'n
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:48 AM 12-09-2019
I didn't realize it until I saw his passing chart, he was 3/4 with a TD on passes over 20 yards last night. He was actually fairly productive all things considered, well above average.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 10:48 AM 12-09-2019
I think he's just trying to survive games with the lousy interior oline. He did a great job stepping up and delivering big throws in the 2nd quarter but took some brutal hits thanks to assholes Reiter and wylie mostly. I think he realized that he wouldn't make it through the game if he kept doing that.

Hopefully it doesn't get in his head too much and ruin him bc he has been a little too quick to bail out of the pocket lately. He needs to get better at shifting around in the pocket and stepping up into it to buy another second and then make a quicker decision to either get rid of it or take off running and slide. It kills us when he backpedals 10 yards back and get sacked for a loss of 12 instead of something more manageable. And it rarely works out well once he starts backpedaling.
[Reply]
O.city 10:49 AM 12-09-2019
After rewatching some stuff, I don't know that this is really abnormal learning for a young QB.

He's learning how to play not fully balls to the wall, chuck it deep all game. He's learning to manage the game a little bit. Guys are banged up, etc.

He'll be better for it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:52 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
After rewatching some stuff, I don't know that this is really abnormal learning for a young QB.

He's learning how to play not fully balls to the wall, chuck it deep all game. He's learning to manage the game a little bit. Guys are banged up, etc.

He'll be better for it.
I think considering how we have lost to the Pats by getting down early the last 2 games he was trying to play more conservative and that first INT probably really made him buckle down.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:56 AM 12-09-2019

Patrick Mahomes set such an absurd standard for himself that he can lead the NFL in ANY/A and the general feeling is "ah, he could be better"

— Derrik Klassen (@QBKlass) December 9, 2019

[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up