ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Are you worried about Patrick Mahomes?
Yes 58 35.15%
No 107 64.85%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you worried about Patrick Mahomes?
TLO 08:25 PM 12-08-2019
Want to get a general consensus from the collective brain trust of www.chiefsplanet.com . I've heard some rumblings in different places that people are concerned with the play of Mahomes.

Are you concerned with his play?

Poll.
[Reply]
493rd 11:12 AM 12-09-2019
We should all be worried about his health that’s for sure. Let’s pray his hand isn’t seriously hurt and his ribs are okay. Andy better be going after some guys that can protect 15 or he won’t be around very long.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:47 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yes. I don’t like that he’s under duress nearly every time he drops back.

Throws off his back foot a ton. Something is off with his play this year. Probably doesn’t trust his Oline. Can’t blame him there.

YOU'RE STARTING TO GET IT.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:50 AM 12-09-2019
It's not just the protection. He is dropping too far and leaving the pocket when he doesn't need to, like the play where he got the facemask called.

Some of that is down to protection, and the fact that the offensive line has been neglected for years and needs more talent, but he also needs to be more disciplined.

Our supposed "QB Whisperer" at head coach should be correcting these things.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:50 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
After rewatching some stuff, I don't know that this is really abnormal learning for a young QB.

He's learning how to play not fully balls to the wall, chuck it deep all game. He's learning to manage the game a little bit. Guys are banged up, etc.

He'll be better for it.
This is where I'm at. I think the elements the prior two weeks were a real hindrance and then I think last night he just went up against a damn good Patriots defense with a light hand injury.

But in reality, I think he's also kinda trying to find the balance between being too aggressive and too conservative. And there are inherent growing pains in that.

But longer term, it'll make him a better QB. I have no doubt he can still perform all the magic acts we had become accustomed to.
[Reply]
philfree 12:05 PM 12-09-2019
Between his left ankle and right knee I don't think he's truly healthy. I think it's affecting how he plays. Combined with the o line not giving him much time he's struggling.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:06 PM 12-09-2019
Are you gay?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:09 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is where I'm at. I think the elements the prior two weeks were a real hindrance and then I think last night he just went up against a damn good Patriots defense with a light hand injury.

But in reality, I think he's also kinda trying to find the balance between being too aggressive and too conservative. And there are inherent growing pains in that.

But longer term, it'll make him a better QB. I have no doubt he can still perform all the magic acts we had become accustomed to.
Exactly. I can't believe some of the comments in this thread. There's no doubt that the extreme winds had an impact in the Raiders game, along with the field conditions and altitude in Mexico City.

He was pretty damn good last night, given that he was facing the #1 D on the road. Plus being put in difficult situations often due to BS penalties. Picking up that 3rd and 19 was vintage Mahomes. As was the Hardman TD.

Only one TD but he threw for 100 more yards than the Patriots allow on average.

If you look at this game + the Titans game, it's still vintage Mahomes. The two performances inbetween were about the elements.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:10 PM 12-09-2019
Hes taking what defenses give him and cant do everything he did last year because

1. The defense is improved this year so he doesnt have to score 50 points a game

2. There is no run game this year which makes the offense more predictable

3. When it's all said and done if we dont get a ring this year and the offense continues to play like it has the last month or so Wylie/Reiter will be the reason why. They are NFL backups at best and have no business starting for an NFL team.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:16 PM 12-09-2019
Yes
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:50 PM 12-09-2019
Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Patrick Mahomes' hand is "OK" and has "no break."
"It's bruised up pretty good but there's no break," Reid added. Mahomes' X-rays ultimately came back negative and he's fully expected to start against the Broncos barring any setbacks. Reid also admitted to altering the play-calling in the second half to account for Mahomes' injury, signing off on more shallow crossers and then leaning on the running game as well. Perhaps that makes one of LeSean McCoy, Spencer Ware, or Darwin Thompson valuable for fantasy moving forward. Either way, Mahomes is a tough sit in the fantasy playoffs as long as he's cleared to play.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:58 PM 12-09-2019
Holy shit...the retardedness of this fanbase.m :-)
[Reply]
fan4ever 01:27 PM 12-09-2019
While I'm concerned I also know most teams are playing man to man coverage which leaves him less options to throw to...last year he destroyed zone coverage so most teams don't do that as often. His hand was definitely an issue and last week was in windy conditions so I'm staying optimistic for the time being.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:12 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Patrick Mahomes' hand is "OK" and has "no break."
"It's bruised up pretty good but there's no break," Reid added. Mahomes' X-rays ultimately came back negative and he's fully expected to start against the Broncos barring any setbacks. Reid also admitted to altering the play-calling in the second half to account for Mahomes' injury, signing off on more shallow crossers and then leaning on the running game as well. Perhaps that makes one of LeSean McCoy, Spencer Ware, or Darwin Thompson valuable for fantasy moving forward. Either way, Mahomes is a tough sit in the fantasy playoffs as long as he's cleared to play.
Yep
[Reply]
TLO 03:31 PM 12-15-2019
He kicked ass today.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:32 PM 12-15-2019
No longer worried.

Needs o-line help in the worst way.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up