ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 24
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brett Veach
Titty Meat 09:16 PM 10-06-2019
Good job with the interior line bud. Keep spending all our resources on overpaid defensive players and draft picks who dont do shit
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:59 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The thing about this thread it's not just after a loss though. The interior has been getting Mahomes creamed all season. Well actually since atleast the new England game last year and the run defense has always been trash. It's a bigger picture thing then just reacting to 1 game.
Correct. I'm just preparing myself for the inevitable January afternoon/evening where this run defense costs us the season.

I have faith that the offense will fix a good portion of what went wrong yesterday - Hill, Watkins, and Fisher can go a long way toward shoring up those deficiencies...no one is coming to fix that Dline/LB core. Our best front seven defender is a malcontent who doesn't give a rat's ass about gap containment. It's a real problem.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:59 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Every big loss we've had in recent memory is a carbon copy of each of the other losses...it's a pattern and nothing about it is changing and that's concerning.

That was my big takeaway from last night...
*sigh*

I know.
[Reply]
scho63 04:26 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
What Mahomes pick success? John Dorsey is the one who made the trade up and then selected Mahomes.

This narrative that Veach is 100% responsible for Mahomes is fucking ridiculous and is a blatant PR attempt by the Chiefs to make him look better than he actually is.
Veach drove the pick from early on, Dorsey just executed it.

Know your Chiefs history.
[Reply]
TEX 04:30 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Every big loss we've had in recent memory is a carbon copy of each of the other losses...it's a pattern and nothing about it is changing and that's concerning.

That was my big takeaway from last night...
Exactly. :-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:39 PM 10-07-2019
The Frank Clark trade might go down as one of the worst trades ever if he keeps playing the way he has been.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:47 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by e3263518:
Veach has done the best he can with the cards he was dealt. He picked up decent talent in the offseason to overhaul the D in: Wilson, Okafor and Ogba. Hitchens and Clark were also very good pickups at the time. Not Veach's fault they haven't lived up to their contract. The safety position which was a major weakness was drastically improved.
The only weakness, and a major one, I see with Veach has been his drafting. It's been hit or miss. Saunders and Speaks look to be busts. Thornhill and Hardman do not. We need to have a really solid draft next year.
Hitchens never made sense. Our pass rush last season was pretty good. To "fix" that problem, Veach traded away/cut our pass-rushers. He "fixed" the center position by letting Morse walk.

He "fixed" our lack of young talent issue with the 2018 draft.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:49 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

And Dorsey should get 100% of the credit/blame. I'm sure all of his scouts like particular players. The buck stops at the GM who has to make the moves/call.
[Reply]
FringeNC 04:53 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
The Frank Clark trade might go down as one of the worst trades ever if he keeps playing the way he has been.
It's a bit worse than that -- giving up the draft picks was just part of the price we paid. Isn't his cap hit something insane next year?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:56 PM 10-07-2019
Imo it's gonna be a big three weeks for Brett ahead of the trade deadline. He's got to find a way to improve this defense between now and then. IF he doesn't and we limp out of the playoffs in the same fashion as we have in the last three years, then it's time to consider his position I think. He would have had two drafts and three trade deadlines to get it right.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:09 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

Think about who’s telling you this fairy tale. You think the Chiefs were going to be like “Patrick Mahomes is a stone cold stud, too bad we kicked the guy who drafted him to the curb and promoted this underqualified yes man to the role?”

No way. This whole “Veach discovered Mahomes” story is blatant PR by the Clarks, trying to discredit Dorsey and make Veach look like a wunderkind when it’s becoming clear he doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.

I’m not buying it. You credit the GM who made the pick and that was Dorsey. End of story.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:11 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
And Dorsey should get 100% of the credit/blame. I'm sure all of his scouts like particular players. The buck stops at the GM who has to make the moves/call.
Exactly this.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:13 PM 10-07-2019
Think about who’s telling you this fairy tale. You think the Chiefs were going to be like “Patrick Mahomes is a stone cold stud, too bad we kicked the guy who drafted him to the curb and promoted this underqualified yes man to the role?”

No way. This whole “Veach discovered Mahomes” story is blatant PR by the Clarks, trying to discredit Dorsey and make Veach look like a wunderkind when it’s becoming clear he doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.

I’m not buying it. You credit the GM who made the pick and that was Dorsey. End of story.
Again, that didn’t just come from the Chiefs. That’s from Mahomes’ team and people at TT as well. This started well before his Junior year.

Stop trying to change the facts to fit your narrative.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:18 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Again, that didn’t just come from the Chiefs. That’s from Mahomes’ team and people at TT as well.

Stop trying to change the facts to fit your narrative.
I’m sure that Veach was the lead scout on Mahomes. That has never been a question. But this narrative that he “discovered” Mahomes is ludicrous when Pat was on every team’s radar before the draft.

JOHN DORSEY had to listen to Veach’s scouting report, watch the film, decide he was going to select him, execute the perfect trade, and then actually select him.

Did Brett Veach help us get Mahomes? Undoubtedly. But to act like he was solely his pick and to give Dorsey no credit is a BS narrative trying to put down the man that Clark had just fired and pump up the one he promoted.

And since then Veach has hit on exactly ZERO draft picks and his free agent signings and trades have been abortions. But he told Andy and Dorsey about a projected 1st-2nd round quarterback so that makes him a genius.

GTFOH
[Reply]
staylor26 05:21 PM 10-07-2019
I’m sure that Veach was the lead scout on Mahomes. That has never been a question. But this narrative that he “discovered” Mahomes is ludicrous when Pat was on every team’s radar before the draft.

JOHN DORSEY had to listen to Veach’s scouting report, watch the film, decide he was going to select him, execute the perfect trade, and then actually select him.

Did Brett Veach help us get Mahomes? Undoubtedly. But to act like he was solely his pick and to give Dorsey no credit is a BS narrative trying to put down the man that Clark had just fired and pump up the one he promoted.

And since then Veach has hit on exactly ZERO draft picks and his free agent signings and trades have been abortions. But he told Andy and Dorsey about a projected 1st-2nd round quarterback so that makes him a genius.

GTFOH
So Mahomes’ team and people at TT are in on this too. Even though they give most of the credit to Veach and his persistence about Pat it’s all just bullshit propaganda. Got it.

Buttfucking moron.

Dorsey and Reid deserve their credit too, but Veach was in on Mahomes well before he was a well known prospect.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:24 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So Mahomes’ team and people at TT are in on this too. Even though they give most of the credit to Veach and his persistence about Pat it’s all just bullshit propaganda. Got it.

Buttfucking moron.

Dorsey and Reid deserve their credit too, but Veach was in on Mahomes well before he was a well known prospect.
Mecole Hardman and Thornhill have looked solid
[Reply]
Page 8 of 24
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up