ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 24
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brett Veach
Titty Meat 09:16 PM 10-06-2019
Good job with the interior line bud. Keep spending all our resources on overpaid defensive players and draft picks who dont do shit
[Reply]
TEX 11:08 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We had multiple guys in the front office that knew what they were doing, we kept the one that didn't.
Unfortunately, you are correct.
[Reply]
TEX 11:09 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This roster has been decaying under Veach.

Through 5 games the Chiefs:

Can't stop the run
Can't rush the passer
Can't cover
Can't run the ball
Can't pass protect.

Literally the only thing they've done well thus far is throw the ball and Mahomes has been banged up and a bit off and Watkins and Hill are down.
Decaying is an excellent term.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:09 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
John Dorsey, Chris Ballard & Brett Veach.

We kept Brett ****ing Veach.

Great job Clark on letting Ballard walk before firing Dorsey because he challenged your outsized ego. You let plan B walk, got emotional and fired plan A and now you’ve been caught holding the bag with Plan C. Great ****ing job jackass.
BECAUSE REID IS THE DE FACTO GM!

How do you not realize that!?

Earl Thomas basically said as much - REID is the one he spoke with about the contract, REID is who he agreed to sign with, and REID is who he called to tell that Baltimore swooped in and offered a better contract.

Veach is just Reid's yes-man. Reid didn't want a Dorsey or Ballard second guessing him; he wanted Veach who will do what he says. Reid tells Veach who/what he wants, then Veach works out the money and the details.

Veach is GM in name only.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:11 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
I simply cannot accept that Reid is a great coach when his teams are constantly and heavily penalized.
Or has clock management issues.

Or has soft teams that get out-muscled.

Or lacks situational awareness.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:13 AM 10-07-2019
Brett Veach "We're fixing the run defense!"

So 2 drafts and FA periods later we have changed schemes, coaches and many players and they still suck.

I'm impressed Brett.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:17 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Brett Veach "We're fixing the run defense!"

So 2 drafts and FA periods later we have changed schemes, coaches and many players and they still suck.

I'm impressed Brett.
He's just doing what Reid tells him to do.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:18 AM 10-07-2019
Veach is a pile of fail. OL is weak, DL is weak, LBs are worthless.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 11:18 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Or has clock management issues.

Or has soft teams that get out-muscled.

Or lacks situational awareness.
Two playoff wins in six years, 20 years one SB appearance. If he doesn't win at least two playoff games this year CHunt should turn it over to another HC.
Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and our weapons are great enough to run a different philosophy. We need a much better OL and a more balanced team none of which Reid and Veach will provide.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:18 AM 10-07-2019
I'm sure Reid's in charge because why else would the dude that is like 35 years old be the GM instead of the 2 guys who were fully qualified to do the job well that were here?
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:18 AM 10-07-2019
Okafor out doesn't help.

Jones being out halfway into the game hurts too.

Nnadi doesn't seem to have taken a step up at all.

Clark is obviously somewhat disappointing.

The LBs are being swallowed up. We knew that group would be below-average but the Dline should be much stronger.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:19 AM 10-07-2019
It's probably also time to acknowledge this, NFL history says if a coach doesn't take a team to a SB within 5 years of taking the job, it isn't gonna happen.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:19 AM 10-07-2019
2018 - "Hey Veach! Fix the defense!"

2019 - "Hey Veach! Why are you spending so much on the defense?!"
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:19 AM 10-07-2019
What was John Dorsey fired for again? Not wanting to pay Eric Berry? (turns out that would have been a brilliant move.)

Overpaying for Houston? (Anybody in the league would do that after a 22 sack season.)

Cutting Maclin over text? (I love J Mac but grow the **** up. It’s the NFL.)

Or was it maybe because he challenged Clark and Andy’s egos and they couldn’t handle it?

You can win with bad contracts if you draft well. Dorsey gave out some bad deals but he was a wizard on draft day.

Veach has given out worse contracts than Dorsey ever did and he can’t draft for shit.

We let the GM that would have won us the Super Bowl walk out the door and replaced him with a company yes man.

This is why Owners stick to ownership, coaches stick to coaching and GMs handle personnel.

Andy and Clark, that is ****ing pathetic.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:21 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
2018 - "Hey Veach! Fix the defense!"

2019 - "Hey Veach! Why are you spending so much on the defense?!"
He spent money on the defense and got us a sack of shit and made a large chunk of cap space go “poof”.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:21 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
What was John Dorsey fired for again? Not wanting to pay Eric Berry? (turns out that would have been a brilliant move.)

Overpaying for Houston? (Anybody in the league would do that after a 22 sack season.)

Cutting Maclin over text? (I love J Mac but grow the **** up. It’s the NFL.)

Or was it maybe because he challenged Clark and Andy’s egos and they couldn’t handle it?

You can win with bad contracts if you draft well. Dorsey gave out some bad deals but he was a wizard on draft day.

Veach has given out worse contracts than Dorsey ever did and he can’t draft for shit.

We let the GM that would have won us the Super Bowl walk out the door and replaced him with a company yes man.

This is why Owners stick to ownership, coaches stick to coaching and GMs handle personnel.

Andy and Clark, that is ****ing pathetic.
John Dorsey was/is a boss! I've always said that.

I trust Veach to be a good one too.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 24
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up