ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>**** The Official 120th Army-Navy Game Thread ****
KChiefs1 12:15 PM 12-14-2019
Love this game & everything that it stands for.

Let’s do this!
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
End of the day, we're all Americans, so here's a good rendition of the Star Spangled Banner

Beautiful. Thx.
[Reply]
Coyote 06:13 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
I'll do better next year.

For the record, I cross-commissioned into the Air Force and will end up in something fast and pointy if everything works out the way I'm hoping.

Don't get it confused though, I'll root for Army over Air Force any day!
Wish you the best. Watch out for any Marine exchange instructors in Enid.

I served with a few guys that went USMC from West Point or USAF academy. Various reasons but mostly for CAS mission/emphasis. Remember, if you can’t hover (F-35B) you ain’t shit. Or make a helo go fast (Osprey). “Protors” as the USMC calls them.

14 victors on Navy football are going Marine option from this team. In the last century, as a squadron OpSo rebuilding after deployment, I had 3 boots petition to join and work for me.

I checked them out and all seemed solid. After a month or so, I learned they were the 3 starting linebackers and joined USMC together.

I was screwed, everything was to be smacked, no subtly to anything. good thing I was an ex safety so they had some leadership. All 3 are GOs today and we still laugh about linebacker logic in CAS pilots.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 06:24 PM 12-14-2019
Congrats to the anchor clankers and jarheads. At least that Army senior class got three wins. Until next year, we are all on the same team!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:03 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
Wish you the best. Watch out for any Marine exchange instructors in Enid.

I served with a few guys that went USMC from West Point or USAF academy. Various reasons but mostly for CAS mission/emphasis. Remember, if you can’t hover (F-35B) you ain’t shit. Or make a helo go fast (Osprey). “Protors” as the USMC calls them.

14 victors on Navy football are going Marine option from this team. In the last century, as a squadron OpSo rebuilding after deployment, I had 3 boots petition to join and work for me.

I checked them out and all seemed solid. After a month or so, I learned they were the 3 starting linebackers and joined USMC together.

I was screwed, everything was to be smacked, no subtly to anything. good thing I was an ex safety so they had some leadership. All 3 are GOs today and we still laugh about linebacker logic in CAS pilots.
I... I think I understood this post.
[Reply]
Coyote 07:34 AM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I... I think I understood this post.
Yeah, guilty. Sorry. At least I didn’t drop f bombs every other word and use acronyms.

I tried to say Good Luck in flight school. And that former Naval Academy linebackers make good attack pilots.
[Reply]
Pointer19 10:56 AM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
Yeah, guilty. Sorry. At least I didn’t drop f bombs every other word and use acronyms.

I tried to say Good Luck in flight school. And that former Naval Academy linebackers make good attack pilots.
Tracking. :-) Your story reminds me of General George C. Marshall’s call. This plaque is posted at Michie Stadium in West Point, and the football players all touch it as they go onto the field before games.

[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up