ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2172 of 3903
« First < 1172167220722122216221682169217021712172 217321742175217621822222227226723172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 09:18 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Address what I said or shut the **** up. Dude is full of shit when he wants to condemn people for spreading misinformation when he’s pushing a conspiracy theory based on the word of one woman with a criminal history.

You all can continue to act like a guy on CP is the leading expert on Corona if you want to.
Holy drama queen.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:19 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It helps both ways if both parties are wearing one and we can kill this virus in a short amount of time if we can get everyone to wear masks. But I know that is impossible so pointless to argue about it.
Yeah which is why they are saying just that......not
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:20 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
So you were wanting me to show “data” to show how people are “perceiving” things. Uhhh...you realize how stupid your request is now right?

Do you suppose that a pharmacist going out of his way to not answer a yes or no question ruins peoples perceptions to this? It definitely makes it seem like you have an agenda. I’m simply pointing out that the flu is more deadly than the coronavirus for anyone younger than 24. I pointed to data from the CDC to support this theory. Why are you so against answering this yes or no question?
If you are going to respond to my posts, at least read the goddamn things.

You claimed that the reason why people believed this is no worse than the flu is because rates of flu deaths are higher for younger people. Well people were saying it was no worse than the flu before that information could be inferred or known at all. Given that, and the fact that this has always shown a much higher fatality rate than the flu overall, your claim has very little merit, because it relies on an assumption that people who continue to espouse that this is less deadly than the flu (which is wrong by an order of magnitude) are somehow able to get that wrong while simultaneously parsing demographic data that was largely incomplete for weeks.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:21 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
In his field of expertise he is better qualified than you yes.

See pete that is how you answer a question.
Keep trying to attribute studies done my other professionals to me.....you're looking more and more desperate
[Reply]
Mecca 09:21 AM 05-22-2020
All of this stuff swings a lot of ways..I read here a bunch of times we should do what Sweden is doing cause it's the right way...

Meanwhile only 7.3% of their pop has the antibodies at this point, they have the highest death rate in the world per capita and their economy still went in the shitter, so someone tell me what they gained with that approach other than more dead people?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:22 AM 05-22-2020
Holy drama queen.
Said the man in the mirror.......:-)
[Reply]
Monticore 09:22 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Keep trying to attribute studies done my other professionals to me.....you're looking more and more desperate
You are making your self look more and more stupid guess we are even .
[Reply]
Lzen 09:23 AM 05-22-2020
That has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. Dude shuts down every conspiracy theory that doesn’t fit his narrative, and claims to be all about the facts/data, but he pushes the conspiracy about Florida’s data? That tells me everything I need to know.

Maybe his agenda/narrative is just about being right because he’s an arrogant prick, but he clearly has one that he’s pushing.
I made these same observations. If you can't see his overwhelming bias then I don't know what to tell you.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 09:23 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
So you were wanting me to show “data” to show how people are “perceiving” things. Uhhh...you realize how stupid your request is now right?

Do you suppose that a pharmacist going out of his way to not answer a yes or no question ruins peoples perceptions to this? It definitely makes it seem like you have an agenda. I’m simply pointing out that the flu is more deadly than the coronavirus for anyone younger than 24. I pointed to data from the CDC to support this theory. Why are you so against answering this yes or no question?
Actually, according to that data, 15 year olds have a much higher chance of dying from Covid than the flu.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:23 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
All of this stuff swings a lot of ways..I read here a bunch of times we should do what Sweden is doing cause it's the right way...

Meanwhile only 7.3% of their pop has the antibodies at this point, they have the highest death rate in the world per capita and their economy still went in the shitter, so someone tell me what they gained with that approach other than more dead people?
I say that was because they wanted to go the "herd immunity" route but not really. The not really part screwed their overall goal, imo. Either go that way and take your lumps or do more of what we did.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:24 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I made these same observations. If you can't see his overwhelming bias then I don't know what to tell you.
It is a common reaction to call people smarter than you arrogant.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:25 AM 05-22-2020
First it was 2 weeks...

Florida closed down “too late” and opened up “too early” and we’re STILL waiting. They said wait 2 weeks 8 weeks ago.

Move those goalposts though!
Seven day trend lines for cases and hospitalizations have both increased in Florida. Look at May 1. Look at it now.

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:27 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
As bad as I wanted it to be? Get the fuck out of here.

Regarding conspiracy theories:

When the state tells medical examiners to stop disclosing causes of death and then separately fires the person who designed the dashboard for reporting information about the epidemic, posting information about that is not a conspiracy theory--it's disseminating news.

My stance on this entire pandemic has been pretty clear from the beginning--we need to be careful and patient. Pointing out very real problems with studies that have been published in haste is not forecasting doom, and informing people that data on the panacea of the week is incomplete is not being gloomy. When posters were in here arguing that we could never get the R0 low enough and we should just let the disease wash through, I was the one saying that we could get it below 1, and that these efforts were worth undertaking, not only to flatten the curve, but to show that the virus could be stamped out if we were diligent. When serology studies demonstrated that the lockdowns reduced R0 in France by 77%, it was me that posted that data. That's not doom and gloom. People need good information to best fight this disease. If people want to see me as pessimistic because I point out that a retrospective study without a control group that has serious methodological problems is not the gospel, then so be it--they need to understand that not all data is created equal.

Wait, he thinks THESE are conspiracy theories? We've found the Lounge's new Taco John.

:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 09:27 AM 05-22-2020
It is a common reaction to call people smarter than you arrogant.
You do it all the time
[Reply]
staylor26 09:28 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If you are going to respond to my posts, at least read the goddamn things.

You claimed that the reason why people believed this is no worse than the flu is because rates of flu deaths are higher for younger people. Well people were saying it was no worse than the flu before that information could be inferred or known at all. Given that, and the fact that this has always shown a much higher fatality rate than the flu overall, your claim has very little merit, because it relies on an assumption that people who continue to espouse that this is less deadly than the flu (which is wrong by an order of magnitude) are somehow able to get that wrong while simultaneously parsing demographic data that was largely incomplete for weeks.
Every report that says they’re inflating the numbers is a nutjob conspiracy theory and misinformation, but of course the report that fits your narrative is fact, right?

I’m not claiming to be an expert whatsoever. I can just easily tell that you have a narrative and you’re going to stick to it. I’m clearly not the only person that feels this way either.
[Reply]
Page 2172 of 3903
« First < 1172167220722122216221682169217021712172 217321742175217621822222227226723172 > Last »
Up