Page 40 of 298
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:43 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Playing dime against pitt was beyond stupid.

So against majority of the teams we've played, has it been scheme or execution? I don't know.

In prevent and pond yardage yes we moronically run the same dumb set and that needs to stop.
Another vote to fire Sutton. :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:56 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
The maddening long yardage and prevent might have been easier to take if we played even so-so on the jump balls. My only point is, even with our current pass rush we should have walked out of those 3 problem games with a fewer more long passes batted down and 1 or 2 takeaways. If we did that, those performances may not have been half bad.

That's assuming that if we start defending the jump ball like a normal defense, we don't break down in other ways. Which is why I care more about fixing the execution and seeing where that takes us
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:27 AM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
There are no votes. Football isn't a democracy. Reid makes the decisions around here.

#InReidWeTrust
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:39 AM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:

Pressure wins.

Period.
Pressure wins, not necessarily blitzing. KC seems unable to pressure without Ford and Hali.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:53 AM 11-09-2017
Well they didn't fire him. That's the bad news.... The good news is (I hope), because they're all hearing about the calls for firing, I expect they'll do things they don't want to do next game and coach like real coaches and do less of the stupid shit they usually try.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:57 AM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Pressure wins, not necessarily blitzing. KC seems unable to pressure without Ford and Hali.
Good post I'd also say that pressure makes everyone's job easier as far as defense is concerned but offenses have adjusted since the Giants won their championships with their dominant dline. More offenses have added quick passes to their attack.

So yeah pressure is still the most important trait of a defense IMO but it goes behind pressure nowadays. You look at Seattle's dominant defense that destroyed the Broncos highest scoring offense of all-time in the SB, their secondary was their strength not their dline although their dline was very good. More recently the Broncos great defense that won them their SB was constantly getting quick pressure but their secondary was very good as well.

So I'd say if you are going to be a great defense nowadays you need a good secondary. You can't just rely on pressure anymore.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:02 AM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Good post I'd also say that pressure makes everyone's job easier as far as defense is concerned but offenses have adjusted since the Giants won their championships with their dominant dline. More offenses have added quick passes to their attack.

So yeah pressure is still the most important trait of a defense IMO but it goes behind pressure nowadays. You look at Seattle's dominant defense that destroyed the Broncos highest scoring offense of all-time in the SB, their secondary was their strength not their dline although their dline was very good. More recently the Broncos great defense that won them their SB was constantly getting quick pressure but their secondary was very good as well.

So I'd say if you are going to be a great defense nowadays you need a good secondary. You can't just rely on pressure anymore.
Better teams can generate pressure without bringing extra men. With a quick passing attack you need guys to break up the passing lanes. One of the most overlooked aspects of pressure is collapsing the pocket right up the middle to prevent guys like Brady and Ben from stepping into throws.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:16 AM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Better teams can generate pressure without bringing extra men. With a quick passing attack you need guys to break up the passing lanes. One of the most overlooked aspects of pressure is collapsing the pocket right up the middle to prevent guys like Brady and Ben from stepping into throws.
True. Also, an overlooked part of playing defense is having smart players. Players have got to be able to adjust to QBs audibles. DCs can't be on the field making adjustments when the QB sees things and decides to change things up to counter whatever the defense is doing...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:20 AM 11-09-2017
True. Also, an overlooked part of playing defense is having smart players. Players have got to be able to adjust to QBs audibles. DCs can't be on the field making adjustments when the QB sees things and decides to change things up to counter whatever the defense is doing...
Something else potentially missing is that the safety has the power to make his own blitz calls. A few years ago, Berry was I think one of the most blitzed safeties in the nfl. I have to wonder if our safeties are well enough equipped to make the right calls. You don't need a super athletic safety to do it. Jim Leonhard was terrific with the Jets in that same role.
[Reply]
milkman 08:47 AM 11-09-2017

Seattle got after Manning and did a fantastic job of limiting yac.

Aside from pressure is sound tackling when the receivers make the short catch.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:52 AM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
Seattle got after Manning and did a fantastic job of limiting yac.

Aside from pressure is sound tackling when the receivers make the short catch.
True exactly my point if you want to be a great defense nowadays you need everything not just pressure but it all starts upfront.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:37 PM 11-19-2017
Anyone wanna defend Sutton now?

No effort, no execution..Giants converting 3rd and long at will.

Being embarrassed by the worst team in football.

Sutton's ass needs to go.
[Reply]
Schnitzel 12:38 PM 11-19-2017
Fire him now, don't even wait for the next drive
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:40 PM 11-19-2017
There are no votes. Football isn't a democracy. Reid makes the decisions around here.

#InReidWeTrust
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:40 PM 11-19-2017
Hunt doesn't have the balls.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 298
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up