Page 33 of 298
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
notorious 06:12 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
The end of the first half was the epitome of Sutton. 3rd and long and we have them on the ropes. He plays soft zone and rushes three. First down. Followed by the same ****ing thing and they're in the redzone. **** Sutton. Get the **** out.
Sigh.

It isn't going to change, either. Berry and other talent on this team has been carrying his horrible scheme for years. He fucking sucks, and needs to go.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:41 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
We play so much man coverage that leaves us vulnerable to 50-50 balls and crossing routes. On the flip side it is giving us some INT opportunities but the D is just dropping them, that should have Sutton fuming. To keep playing 3-4 against Dallas and Pittsburgh the LBs have to be good in coverage. Sutton does not trust them, so he brings in Sorenson who is just lost in the pile. Berry could be trusted in the run game in place of a LB. His loss is huge.
Mult?
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 06:54 PM 11-06-2017
Andy says they are putting players in the right place.....execution isnt happening
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 06:55 PM 11-06-2017
Andy says they are putting players in the right place.....execution isnt happening:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:26 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Sigh.

It isn't going to change, either. Berry and other talent on this team has been carrying his horrible scheme for years. He ****ing sucks, and needs to go.
Where is this narrative coming from? We played most of 2014 without him and we looked plenty solid on D. We've played almost every season with Hali and Houston and Ford struggling to stay on the field. I get the criticism of our scheme this year. I'm stunned at how people are changing the narrative of how well we've played on D the last 4 years.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:34 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
If a problem is easily identifiable (as with our run D) then the fixes will be straightforward although I doubt it will be done during the season.
- Better gap recognition by our inexperienced LBs
- Add one more legit pass rusher
- Stone handed DBs need to get better at catching balls else they can GTFO
- Berry's return

These are the basic steps that need to happen even before we evaluate if players are executing and if Sutton is soft or not.
I agree. I'm struggling to figure out why veach isn't hitting the free Agent market for every cheap flier out there. We did that with Dorsey and we backed into a lot of pretty good stopgaps out of it. It's how Terrance Mitchell saved our D last year.

I would also add to your list defending the 50/50 ball. I don't see why that isn't coachable. And better tackling which hasn't been as big of a problem in previous years.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:37 PM 11-06-2017
Typical flip flop of ChiefsPlanet - 'Alex Smith was carried by the D his first four years! His W-L record doesn't count!'

D sucks this year - 'The defense has always sucked! Fire Sutton!'
[Reply]
petegz28 07:52 PM 11-06-2017
I don't know what the fuck goes through the heads of some of you.

Just say this out loud 5 times and if you still don't get it you no dick about football...

Our best pass rusher drops into coverage more than he rushes the passer

That is not the only reason our D sucks but it is the epitome of the problem that is Sutton.

Top 3 pass rusher + drops into coverage more than rushing the passer = Fail of a defensive coordinator
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:56 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't know what the **** goes through the heads of some of you.

Just say this out loud 5 times and if you still don't get it you no dick about football...

That is not the only reason our D sucks but it is the epitome of the problem that is Sutton.

Top 3 pass rusher + drops into coverage more than rushing the passer = Fail of a defensive coordinator
Problem with this post is the fact that he does not drop into coverage more than he rushes...
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:59 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Problem with this post is the fact that he does not drop into coverage more than he rushes...
You may be.. being a bit too literal.. in your reading of his post.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:04 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...age-that-often

Jon Ledyard ✔@LedyardNFLDraft
According to PFF, Justin Houston has dropped into coverage 60 times this year. That's 26 percent of the passing plays he's been on field for

Note that’s 26 percent of passing plays, not all plays. That’s the third highest among “true edges”, according to the next tweet.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:06 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't know what the **** goes through the heads of some of you.

He is also one of our best coverage LBs on a defense where our ILBs and Safeties (including DJ at this point in his career) are miserably bad in coverage. I don't know what people expect with Houston rushing 100% of the time. Pressures mean nothing if the underneath is constantly open. Sure I'd love to see him rush the passer more. But I don't have a problem with him dropping into coverage.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:07 PM 11-06-2017
HOLY shit.. Houston out in coverage for over a 1/4 of his snaps????

Yeah.. **** you Bob Sutton. That's trolling the very team that pays him, no?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:08 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He is also one of our best coverage LBs on a defense where our ILBs and Safeties (including DJ at this point in his career) are miserably bad in coverage. I don't know what people expect with Houston rushing 100% of the time. Pressures mean nothing if the underneath is constantly open. Sure I'd love to see him rush the passer more. But I don't have a problem with him dropping into coverage.
You're still not getting it. It isn't about rushing 100% of the time. It's about rushing when it's the right time to rush.....LIKE 3rd & MOTHER FUCKING 15!
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:08 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Could the DBs not maybe leave 10 yards of cushion? think that would help keep the underneath from being... so open?
[Reply]
Page 33 of 298
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up