Page 29 of 298
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 09:59 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It's a talent problem not a coaching problem. We don't have the personnel to be a good defense. You can come up with the greatest scheme in the world but with this group it really is not going to matter. They'll still get lit up almost every week.
It is a coaching problem. Sutton is calling horribly predictable defensive plays, and as illustrated above, cannot even call a 3rd and 15 play right.

Does the defense need more talent? Yes it does.

Does the defense need a better coach? Fuck yes it does.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:04 AM 11-06-2017
Sutton is recycled coaching trash.

If you want to know why NFL is declining. Hiring recycled junk coaches with zero creative skills and no ability to think forward.

Coaches move around the league with same results. It sucks because these old fuckers suck. .
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:06 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
It is a coaching problem. Sutton is calling horribly predictable defensive plays, and as illustrated above, cannot even call a 3rd and 15 play right.

Does the defense need more talent? Yes it does.

Does the defense need a better coach? **** yes it does.
Calling our defense horribly predictable is very oversimplistic. We run a pretty complicated scheme. Just because we don't blitz defenders doesn't mean we aren't mixing things up. We ran a lot of different looks yesterday. I don't think our defense is predictable. I would agree that too many times, our situational playcalling is off or it's predictable, such as 3rd and long. We need to take the Prevent page completely out of our playbook.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:51 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Calling our defense horribly predictable is very oversimplistic. We run a pretty complicated scheme. Just because we don't blitz defenders doesn't mean we aren't mixing things up. We ran a lot of different looks yesterday. I don't think our defense is predictable. I would agree that too many times, our situational playcalling is off or it's predictable, such as 3rd and long. We need to take the Prevent page completely out of our playbook.
Perhaps we should run a less complicated defense and blitz more?
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:03 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Bullshit. We are not mixing anything up. Running the same drop 8, rush 3 time and time again. Opposing offenses know no pass rush is coming, and opposing QB's simply have to wait for a WR to pop open. We see the same thing over and over again.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:04 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Bullshit. We are not mixing anything up. Running the same drop 8, rush 3 time and time again. Opposing offenses know no pass rush is coming, and opposing QB's simply have to wait for a WR to pop open. We see the same thing over and over again.
I am at the point of humoring him. He is ignoring reality. Even Romo was pointing out yesterday how the Safeties kept lining up in the same bad spot, play after play after play.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:07 PM 11-06-2017
Just don't get all the Sutton apologists here. 31st ranked defense. Fire Sutton, promote Gibbs. (Assuming that he'll accept.) Are you really concerned that the defense might go down to the 32 ranked defense?

JAG players + good scheme/coaching > JAG players + bad scheme/coaching

If moving Gibbs to DC moves the defense up one spot, then DO IT. Who knows, maybe a new DC moves this Defense from shit to average. Where's the risk when you're working with the 31st ranked defense?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:09 PM 11-06-2017
Gibbs was a disaster as a DC. I don't think he would want the job again.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:15 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Gibbs was a disaster as a DC. I don't think he would want the job again.

He had his moments. "Prior to joining the Chiefs, Gibbs spent three seasons as the defensive coordinator with New Orleans (2006-08). In his first season, the Saints reached the NFC Championship Game for the first time in team history. They ranked 11th in total defense, allowing 307.3 ypg that season. After ranking 28th in the league in scoring defense in 2005, they ranked 13th in that category under Gibbs in 2006, allowing 20.1 ppg."

His defense did go downward after, but it never hit 31st. If you don't like Gibbs, pick someone else on the staff. There has to be someone on staff that can manage the defense better. If not, call crazy Gunther. You damn well be won't be watching 3 man rushes on passing downs with him. :-)

[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:19 PM 11-06-2017
The coaches of CP answer to everything is blitz and leave these bums 1v1 on the back end. You guys say bad play call yet show no film or why you think its a bad play call.. you just look at the end result. Was there a missed tackle? Maybe.. but who cares its a bad playcall. I keep forgetting you guys are all watching film on what dallas liked to run with given down/distance, personnel and hash tendencies, right? The dline & LB are playing like complete ass. Zero gap integrity and piss-poor tackling, and you guys think scheme can fix that? DB's getting spun around on dig routes.. screw it, blitz! :-)
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 12:23 PM 11-06-2017
We're 29 yards away from being dead last 32nd defense. 29, Eric Berry, Omen.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:26 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
He had his moments. "Prior to joining the Chiefs, Gibbs spent three seasons as the defensive coordinator with New Orleans (2006-08). In his first season, the Saints reached the NFC Championship Game for the first time in team history. They ranked 11th in total defense, allowing 307.3 ypg that season. After ranking 28th in the league in scoring defense in 2005, they ranked 13th in that category under Gibbs in 2006, allowing 20.1 ppg."

His defense did go downward after, but it never hit 31st. If you don't like Gibbs, pick someone else on the staff. There has to be someone on staff that can manage the defense better. If not, call crazy Gunther. You damn well be won't be watching 3 man rushes on passing downs with him. :-)

They went back to being a bottom tier squad after 2006 and he got the boot in result.

Gibbs is Bob Sutton lite. He got fired because Sean Payton wanted a more aggressive D and they won the Super Bowl the following year.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:31 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
The coaches of CP answer to everything is blitz and leave these bums 1v1 on the back end. You guys say bad play call yet show no film or why you think its a bad play call.. you just look at the end result. Was there a missed tackle? Maybe.. but who cares its a bad playcall. I keep forgetting you guys are all watching film on what dallas liked to run with given down/distance, personnel and hash tendencies, right? The dline & LB are playing like complete ass. Zero gap integrity and piss-poor tackling, and you guys think scheme can fix that? DB's getting spun around on dig routes.. screw it, blitz! :-)
You are tied to that narrative, we get it. But nobody on here has said that blitzing is the answer to everything. (Sutton has an obvious aversion to it.) Better coaching and better scheme is only going to help this team. You can't get new players now, so you have to go with what you can change. Sutton is not coaching to his players' strengths. He is not helping this team with his scheme. Our defensive players can play better than the 31st ranked defense. So you go on and carry your torch for Bob Sutton. And enjoy watching Justin Houston NOT getting a sack because he's streaking down the field with a tight end. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:34 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They went back to being a bottom tier squad after 2006 and he got the boot in result.

Gibbs is Bob Sutton lite. He got fired because Sean Payton wanted a more aggressive D and they won the Super Bowl the following year.
Gibbs got the defense to 11th overall. When has Sutton done that?

If you don't like Gibbs, pick anyone else not named "Bob Sutton".
[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:36 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
You are tied to that narrative, we get it. But nobody on here has said that blitzing is the answer to everything. (Sutton has an obvious aversion to it.) Better coaching and better scheme is only going to help this team. You can't get new players now, so you have to go with what you can change. Sutton is not coaching to his players' strengths. He is not helping this team with his scheme. Our defensive players can play better than the 31st ranked defense. So you go on and carry your torch for Bob Sutton. And enjoy watching Justin Houston NOT getting a sack because he's streaking down the field with a tight end. :-):-):-)
So tell me how do you scheme to the strengths of Sorensen, mitchell, gaines, acker, Zombo, poor gap integrity and poor tackling? I'm not a sutton fan.. did not like him back at Army and don't care for him now. You are crucifying him when there is nothing he can do to scheme around that.

I honestly want to know what YOU would do to scheme around these problem areas?
[Reply]
Page 29 of 298
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up