Page 27 of 298
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
ILChief 06:31 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think Sutton is gone at the end of the year.

Andy Reid dumped a long time friend in Juan Castillo when his Defense cratered in 2012. The only reason Sutton isn't packing his shit now is because the Chiefs are still on track to win the West. Doesn't want to rock the boat yet.

Suttons latest Defensive philosophy doesn't really even seem to mesh with what Andy prefers.
I'll believe it when see it
[Reply]
mcaj22 06:32 AM 11-06-2017
They need some good secondary and dline talent. especially if they are going to sit in the nickel/dime for 60 percent of the game. They need corners that are worth a crap. Not guys they think they can coach up for pennies.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:13 AM 11-06-2017
Coordinators don't often get fired in mid-season. Especially if a team is 6-3. And I don't expect the Chiefs to set a precedent. That said, has there ever been a team that fired a DC in mid-season and made it to the playoffs?

Promote Gary Gibbs to DC, anyone? He's been a DC for the Saints and a HC at Ok.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:16 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Coordinators don't often get fired in mid-season. Especially if a team is 6-3. And I don't expect the Chiefs to set a precedent. That said, has there ever been a team that fired a DC in mid-season and made it to the playoffs?
The chiefs could be the first one if not, lol seriously this guy has no clue what to do anymore
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:20 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
The chiefs could be the first one if not, lol seriously this guy has no clue what to do anymore
Let's start the "Promote Gary Gibbs to DC" campaign now. Can't be any worse, right?
[Reply]
Best22 07:27 AM 11-06-2017

Promote Gary Gibbs to DC, anyone? He's been a DC for the Saints and a HC at Ok.
Ravens fired their OC and wound up winning the Superbowl
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:40 AM 11-06-2017
Regardless of DC, Veach needs to make some moves. A little frustrated that we are so quiet on the free agent market. Dorsey may have been bad at negotiating contracts, but I appreciated that he'd sign cheap player after cheap player until he found one that stuck.

We've got too many guys out there who are flat out terrible. Last year, we tinkered around until we landed on Terrance Mitchell who alone turned our defense around. Why aren't we doing that this year? These are cheap contracts that don't destroy your cap.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:40 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
Ravens fired their OC and wound up winning the Superbowl
Thank you. "Promote Gary Gibbs to DC" gains momentum! So if it doesn't pan out ... we go from 31st defense to 32nd. Small risk for the potential improvement. Can I get a witness?

[Reply]
Best22 07:45 AM 11-06-2017
Remember the graphic from the game?

2015: very good defense, below average offense
2016. Average defense and offense
2017: Elite offense, bad defense

We all fear our offense is reverting to 2016 levels. But the defense isn't getting better.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 07:48 AM 11-06-2017
:-)
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Regardless of DC, Veach needs to make some moves. A little frustrated that we are so quiet on the free agent market. Dorsey may have been bad at negotiating contracts, but I appreciated that he'd sign cheap player after cheap player until he found one that stuck.

We've got too many guys out there who are flat out terrible. Last year, we tinkered around until we landed on Terrance Mitchell who alone turned our defense around. Why aren't we doing that this year? These are cheap contracts that don't destroy your cap.
Exactly. They need more talent, not a new DC. You can't coach up and scheme around bad talent.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 07:53 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:

Exactly. They need more talent, not a new DC. You can't coach up and scheme around bad talent.
And you can’t try to fit a square peg into a round hole. Sutton has to go.
[Reply]
Best22 07:56 AM 11-06-2017
Thank you. "Promote Gary Gibbs to DC" gains momentum! So if it doesn't pan out ... we go from 31st defense to 32nd. Small risk for the potential improvement. Can I get a witness?

Cleveland has a better defense. Their ppg is higher because they have a horrid offense that turns it over and puts the Browns D in bad spots. If we had a more turnover prone offense our D would be ranked dead last
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:58 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
Remember the graphic from the game?

2015: very good defense, below average offense
2016. Average defense and offense
2017: Elite offense, bad defense

We all fear our offense is reverting to 2016 levels. But the defense isn't getting better.
Love or hate Tony Romo (jinx?), he seemed to have better insight into stopping the Pitt and Dallas defenses than Bob Sutton did. Easy to be an armchair DC, but this defense is truly getting worse. Last year they finished 24th in yards allowed and 7th in points allowed. So far this year: 29th in yards allowed and 25th in points allowed.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:03 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
And you can’t try to fit a square peg into a round hole. Sutton has to go.
They aren't going to fire a coordinator that is working with this type of talent. It's not on him. There's only so much you can do to adjust the scheme to cover up weaknesses. Defensive line and linbackers can't get off a block or make a tackle? Gotta go +1 in the box. Go +1, acker/gaines/mitchell/peters are 1v1 and only one of them can have 'help' from a safety. Pick your poison, because 3 of them can't cover 1v1, and all of them suck at tackling.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:03 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:

Exactly. They need more talent, not a new DC. You can coach up and scheme around bad talent.
fyp. This team has enough talent to be better than they are. There is such a thing as putting a player in a position to succeed. Bad scheme, bad coaching decisions are hurting this team.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 298
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up