ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 268
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
007 11:40 PM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The scene with Luke back in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon gave me chills.
That honestly threw me for a loop. really cool
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:52 AM 11-02-2017
Luke's gonna bring it.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:09 AM 11-02-2017
Who are these dudes in black to the right of Hux? Speculation that this shot was edited to hide them with formless black blobs.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:20 AM 11-02-2017
Rian is a big liar. That shot of Rey with the lightsaber was reversed. :-)

Originally Posted by :
In this shot, Rey is lifting up her Lightsaber in what seems like to attack Luke or possibly fighting him. If you play the trailer normally, you can see her hand unnaturally snap to the hilt. When the video is reversed, it is much more fluid as she drops one hand off the hilt and proceeds to actually lower her lightsaber.
https://gfycat.com/InconsequentialAd...ection=reverse
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:24 AM 11-02-2017
Princess comment debunked.

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/16701...rincess-in-the

Originally Posted by :
Here’s the context of that quote from British GQ, December 2017:

Driver is on a roll now, discussing what excites him: character and narrative and cinematic influences. The original Star Wars was an homage to Akira Kurosawa’s 1958 film The Hidden Fortress, he says, and the link lives on in the new trilogy, in which concealed identities drive the narrative. Then he lets it slip.

“You have, also, the hidden identity of this princess who’s hiding who she really is so she can survive and Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices,” Driver says, apparently dropping a massive revelation about Rey’s royal origins.

In the film, Princess Yuki Akizuki is forced to keep her identity secret and she poses as a mute. I don’t think he was referring to Rey. The writer just assumed he was.

So Adam was comparing Kylo to Princess Yuki.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:34 AM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Princess comment debunked.
I don't think that one person's comment on the internet "debunks" what Driver told GQ magazine.
[Reply]
Fish 09:45 AM 11-02-2017
I wouldn't think Driver would be dumb enough to drop a huge spoiler like that in the middle of an interview. I mean, they've surely been pounded over the head with what they can and cannot reveal to the public. That just doesn't seem like it could be an accidental oops slip.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:49 AM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think that one person's comment on the internet "debunks" what Driver told GQ magazine.
The quote was taken out of context. He's referring to the Princess from Hidden Fortress.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:02 AM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
This will be the best of the series
At this point it sure feels like it's gearing up to be just that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:41 AM 11-02-2017
The quote was taken out of context. He's referring to the Princess from Hidden Fortress.
Unless you have the November 2nd edition of GQ magazine and are able to scan and upload the interview, your statement is pure speculation.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:42 AM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
I wouldn't think Driver would be dumb enough to drop a huge spoiler like that in the middle of an interview.
Or it could be that Lucasfilm has decided to reveal a bit more about Rey's character before Episode VIII in order to drum up more business.

Right now, it's tracking behind Episode VII, which is why we're seeing more and more trailers and interviews.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:53 AM 11-02-2017
Unless you have the November 2nd edition of GQ magazine and are able to scan and upload the interview, your statement is pure speculation.
:-)

He's clearly referring to the Princess from Hidden Fortress.

He's not talking about Rey at ALL.

She isn't hiding her identity from anyone. She doesn't know who she is.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:58 AM 11-02-2017
:-)

He's clearly referring to the Princess from Hidden Fortress.

He's not talking about Rey at ALL.

She isn't hiding her identity from anyone. She doesn't know who she is.
Clearly, huh?

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article...-the-last-jedi

"You have, also, the hidden identity of this princess who's hiding who she really is so she can survive and Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices," Driver says, apparently dropping a massive revelation about Rey's royal origins.

Yeah, crystal clear that he's talking about something altogether different.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:16 AM 11-02-2017
Stupendous Wave thinks Rey and Luke go at each other, based on the new trailer

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:18 AM 11-02-2017
Clearly, huh?

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article...-the-last-jedi

"You have, also, the hidden identity of this princess who's hiding who she really is so she can survive and Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices," Driver says, apparently dropping a massive revelation about Rey's royal origins.

Yeah, crystal clear that he's talking about something altogether different.

Yeah, he's talking about...the princess...from hidden fortress...who was hiding her identity.

He's drawing a parallel between his character and the princess from Hidden Fortress.

I mean...that's not obvious to you? Not once has Rey attempted to hide her identity from anyone. SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HER IDENTITY IS. :-)
[Reply]
Page 86 of 268
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up