ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 183 of 268
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:06 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Go see the film, man.

Don't listen to these haters.

I want you to go see it thinking it sucks, because I know you will have a different reaction. I'll even buy your ****ing ticket.
I've talked to a lot of people that seen it. I'm out. Just not what I wanted to see. Which is fine... whatever. I'm a little pissed about it after waiting 2 years, but there will be other great movies out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:12 PM 12-26-2017
That's really sad, dude.

I truly think, if you are a fan of the original trilogy...you would love this.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:13 PM 12-26-2017
That's really sad, dude.

I liked, but I'm not exactly a fan boy. Hated 4,5, and 6 though and sort of lost interest, but 7 got me into again.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 07:17 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I've talked to a lot of people that seen it. I'm out. Just not what I wanted to see. Which is fine... whatever. I'm a little pissed about it after waiting 2 years, but there will be other great movies out.
Some of us still have hope that J.J goes on a full apology tour and walks back everything Rian sets up.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 07:18 PM 12-26-2017
That link says 91%.

The 52% is bullshit that was completely skewed by bot attacks and trolls.

And the IMDB user rating is proof of it.
it's even falling on IMDB 7.6 vs 8.1 for TFA which is a far and superior movie
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:24 PM 12-26-2017
This film is going to make 1.5 billion worldwide, despite what Dane is insisting. A lot of people like it.
:-)

There's no fucking way this film scares up another $750 million at the box office.

JFC, Dude.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:39 PM 12-26-2017
That's really sad, dude.

This is 100% inaccurate. :-)

You're the only person I know that champions this pile of filth they call a Star Wars movie.

Crap plot
Crap characters
Crap handling of the orig characters
Mostly crap everything

I saw it because it's Star Wars, and I bet a lot of people fall into that boat. But it was very much a shitty movie by all measures.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:44 PM 12-26-2017
Hey look, I'm as pissed as anyone that I didn't get motherfucking Citizen Kane in a galaxy far, far away, but I'm grounded enough to realize it was entertaining for what it was and didn't allow my childhood memories to get all Alderaan'd because of reasons.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:53 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
This is 100% inaccurate. :-)

You're the only person I know that champions this pile of filth they call a Star Wars movie.

Crap plot
Crap characters
Crap handling of the orig characters
Mostly crap everything

I saw it because it's Star Wars, and I bet a lot of people fall into that boat. But it was very much a shitty movie by all measures.

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:00 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Hey look, I'm as pissed as anyone that I didn't get mother****ing Citizen Kane in a galaxy far, far away, but I'm grounded enough to realize it was entertaining for what it was and didn't allow my childhood memories to get all Alderaan'd because of reasons.
The part in bold is where the obvious disconnect lies, as a great many people don't agree with your position there. "Steaming pile of shit" was the consensus of family and friends who went to see it, just for one man's different experience.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:01 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The part in bold is where the obvious disconnect lies, as a great many people don't agree with your position there.
Some people are just more comfortable being annoyed and bitching for the sake of bitching, it would appear.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:15 PM 12-26-2017
Some people are just more comfortable being annoyed and bitching for the sake of bitching, it would appear.
This film is extremely polarizing.

As I mentioned last summer, people at Lucasfilm were not at all happy with Rian Johnson's final product.

When JJ was named the director and co-writer for Episode IX, there was a collective "sigh" and quite a bit of happiness that Abrams would "right the ship".

Kasdan was very unhappy with Episode VIII's liberties as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:19 PM 12-26-2017
That's really sad, dude.

Based on what, exactly?

I've read every single EU book, spanning from 1978 to 2012, and KK just shit all over the Expanded Universe, which included books, board games, video games, etc.

I'm not a fan of the story, at all. It was "better" on the second viewing but I'd have preferred the EU Luke, Leia and Han vs. the newest trilogy, but that's neither here or there.

The last thing that you should be doing is judging other people's opinions.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:19 PM 12-26-2017
:-)

That sort of non-reasoning works both ways.

"Some people are willing to swallow a plate of shit and pretend it's lobster, it would appear."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:20 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Based on what, exactly?
The film made me squeal with delight like I was 12 years old, dude.

It made me feel like I was watching the original trilogy.

To each his own.
[Reply]
Page 183 of 268
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233 > Last »
Up