ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 341
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:28 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
I paid considerably more for my DPMS AR-10 - but the damn thing is a tack driver. I don't give a damn about that the "experts" say about DPMS - but I know 2-3 other guys who have both the 15 and the 10 (as well as myself) and we all have the same opinion - damn fine rifles.
My original AR is a DPMS Panther Oracle. I think I paid either $600 or $700 for it from Cabellas seven years ago, and it didn't have the quad rail or the iron sights. Kind of annoying that they're so cheap now that I don't need one, but it was, and is, a great rifle.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:21 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
$400 for a DPMS Panther Oracle with iron sights and a quad rail. This is an amazing deal.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/dpms-orac...m-package.html
Great deal but I question the lightweight barrel. If there's one thing you can't skimp on when building an AR it's the barrel. Go ahead and go cheap on the lower but not the barrel. I'm thinking this is why it's so cheap.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:26 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Great deal but I question the lightweight barrel. If there's one thing you can't skimp on when building an AR it's the barrel. Go ahead and go cheap on the lower but not the barrel. I'm thinking this is why it's so cheap.
One of the few original remaining parts on mine is the barrel. I've put thousands of rounds through it over the years. Never had an issue.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:36 PM 05-16-2017
What kind of raping do gun shops give when a customer is trying to trade a gun?
[Reply]
notorious 08:36 PM 05-16-2017
Nothing wrong with lightweight barrels.

If you have ever handled a lightweight AR you will love it. Only reason not to go lightweight is if you have to sustain automatic fire for long periods.
[Reply]
Munson 08:38 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Prison-style rape, no lube. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 08:39 PM 05-16-2017
Considering how bad it was back when prices were high, it's got to be downright awful now. I've never traded a gun to a shop - all the ones I've sold I've done privately.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:43 PM 05-16-2017
I'm trying to sell a Kel Tec RDB to buy a Tavor but I've had no luck. Unless, I want to accept horrible trades from idiots.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:48 PM 05-16-2017
I'm trying to sell a Kel Tec RDB to buy a Tavor but I've had no luck. Unless, I want to accept horrible trades from idiots.
Have you tried to sell it on consignment?
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:57 PM 05-16-2017
Have you tried to sell it on consignment?
No. We have one full time gun shop here. If they had a Tavor, I would've tried a trade.

You'd think they were hurting for business. No one is ever there but their prices are usually a lot higher than anywhere. I'm surprised they are still in business.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:06 PM 05-16-2017
No. We have one full time gun shop here. If they had a Tavor, I would've tried a trade.

You'd think they were hurting for business. No one is ever there but their prices are usually a lot higher than anywhere. I'm surprised they are still in business.
There's one like that near me. Nice pistol range, but I wouldn't do anything but shoot there. The guys that work there are complete dicks and prices are insane.

But they're about to be crushed. A new gun shop is opening within walking distance of my house (HEAVEN!) and now they'll have direct local competition. I doubt if they'll even get people in to ask directions after the new place opens.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:08 PM 05-16-2017
There's one like that near me. Nice pistol range, but I wouldn't do anything but shoot there. The guys that work there are complete dicks and prices are insane.

But they're about to be crushed. A new gun shop is opening within walking distance of my house (HEAVEN!) and now they'll have direct local competition. I doubt if they'll even get people in to ask directions after the new place opens.
I wish someone would open a legit gun shop here. Put that place out of business.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:11 PM 05-16-2017
http://shootpointblank.com/point-bla...s-coming-soon/

Can't wait! They're nearly done with the shell of the building. Hopefully they'll be up and running by early summer.
[Reply]
Munson 09:41 PM 05-16-2017
Have you tried selling it on Armslist.com, or any other online site?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:54 PM 05-16-2017
Ironically, one of Palmetto's daily deals is a Kel-Tec RDB for $1,000. They sold out, too.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 341
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Up