ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 120
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:36 PM 06-30-2023

Final line score for Max Rajcic’s High-A debut:

6.2 IP
3 H
2 R
2 BB
6 SO

(but let’s not ignore that he carried a no-no into the T7. pretty dang impressive.) pic.twitter.com/9HyrzDWagD

— Peoria Chiefs (@peoriachiefs) July 1, 2023

[Reply]
Ocotillo 04:39 AM 07-02-2023

Cardinals top pitching prospect Tink Hence has been promoted to Double-A Springfield, per a source. Hence, who was drafted in 2020, ranks No. 63 overall on @TheAthleticMLB’s Keith Law’s 2023 prospect rankings. #STLCards

— Katie Woo (@katiejwoo) July 1, 2023

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:36 AM 07-02-2023
And? Big deal
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:24 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Can't wait until he becomes "untouchable" in trade talks while someone Mo gives away as a throw in wins a Cy Young in 4 years.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:06 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Can't wait until he becomes "untouchable" in trade talks while someone Mo gives away as a throw in wins a Cy Young in 4 years.
Exactly
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 07-02-2023
Michael Kay reports that Willson Contreras was calling pitches that pitchers don’t throw

Michael Kay, play-by-play broadcaster for Yankees games on the YES Network, revealed that he has heard from Cardinals people that Contreras was removed from his role as starting catcher because he was calling pitches outside of the arsenals of Cardinals pitchers.

“I found out something, I was talking to a lot of the Cardinal people. The reason that they took Contreras out from behind the plate, he was calling pitches that the pitcher on the mound didn’t have… He would be calling for a cutter, for a pitcher that didn’t throw a cutter. The pitchers were going crazy.”
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:45 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Michael Kay reports that Willson Contreras was calling pitches that pitchers don’t throw

Michael Kay, play-by-play broadcaster for Yankees games on the YES Network, revealed that he has heard from Cardinals people that Contreras was removed from his role as starting catcher because he was calling pitches outside of the arsenals of Cardinals pitchers.

“I found out something, I was talking to a lot of the Cardinal people. The reason that they took Contreras out from behind the plate, he was calling pitches that the pitcher on the mound didn’t have… He would be calling for a cutter, for a pitcher that didn’t throw a cutter. The pitchers were going crazy.”
How can this be possible in a professional setting? This shit doesn't happen in the Frontier League.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:53 AM 07-02-2023
Mo did zero due diligence when signing this clown. Unbelievable. We knew he was a defensive liability of epic proportion on THIS board...a fucking football board and a damn Cub fan knew it
[Reply]
bdj23 11:09 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

This keeps getting worse and worse. Nothing changes until Mozo is gone. Just lose out already, ive quit watching and caring.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:51 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
And? Big deal
Just holding out hope Hence develops into a No. 2 starter so they can have one decent homegrown pitcher. If he debuts in 2024, his clock should stretch out through 2030. Who knows where Mo will be then?

I was listening to the Front Office on MLB Network Radio last week. Jim Bowden was even starting to say that Mo needs to step aside to take a figurehead job. Bowden went easy on Mo being the former GM, but simply said that organizations need new leadership after a certain period of time. The game evolves and what Mo did in the past is not working now. Bowden's words, not mine.

I guess the question is ownership going to wait for the team to be shitty for a multitude of years before they make the move? Kind of like what the Rangers did with Jon Daniels. Daniels rode the cache of two straight pennants for a decade before the Rangers parted ways. They were down for five years after their last good year in 2015.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:58 PM 07-02-2023
Cards TV guys bragging about the 250K fans that have showed for the most recent home stand vs Yankees and Astros. And there is why shit will never change.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:02 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Cards TV guys bragging about the 250K fans that have showed for the most recent home stand vs Yankees and Astros. And there is why shit will never change.
Fuck the Astros. The mid-2000s don't mean shit anymore, but there's not a team in baseball (outside the A's) that won't fill the park against the Yankees.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:28 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Homer fucking garbage. Won't watch any broadcast that includes that hack "BT"
[Reply]
Ocotillo 03:53 PM 07-02-2023
Nolan Arenado is the lone Cardinals' All-Star.

Bringing the star power to Seattle. ��

Nolan Arenado will represent the #STLCards at the 2023 MLB All-Star Game! pic.twitter.com/tgUryhiYUc

— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) July 2, 2023

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:05 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Nolan Arenado is the lone Cardinals' All-Star.

Now, we are the team with the single token player at the All-Star game. :-)
[Reply]
Page 54 of 120
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104 > Last »
Up