ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 58
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

The Franchise 10:04 AM 03-12-2019
Cut Berry and draft Rapp. Now you've got two safeties that can play all over the field.
Mecca 10:04 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Cut Berry and draft Rapp. Now you've got two safeties that can play all over the field.
I like Adderly more as he has CB athletic skills at safety.
O.city 10:06 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I liked Amos and preferred him, but they didn’t get Tyrann to just play the single high. They clearly value his ability to play all over the field.
He's just small for that. I know he's good at it, but having him down in the box and stuff at that size....I dunno
Iconic 10:07 AM 03-12-2019
I liked Amos and preferred him, but they didn’t get Tyrann to just play the single high. They clearly value his ability to play all over the field.
The RGR guy said something about Nate Taylor mentioning Tyrann was brought here to play center fielder. If what Nate is saying is true this move makes even less sense because he was playing near the line of scrimmage as a strong in Houston.
DJ's left nut 10:07 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Apparently they tried to sign him last year but with Watkins and Hitch they just didn't have the cash? I dunno, just what Taylor put in his Athletic article.

I'd think they could have made it work but who knows.
You look at the amount of !@#$ing dead weight that team carried last year and just call it another TYPE of failure.

If they didn't have the money to sign him, that's not any better of a justification. They left the season with about $3 million in cap space. They could've cleared $4 million but dumping Sorensen and there was no good reason not to have replaced Colquitt with Dickerson in the draft and saved yourself another million.

So you're at $8 million right there, without dicking with Hitchens or Watkins. You give him his $10 million AAV and move some cap around via the signing bonus and you could've easily gotten that done with him getting $10 million in year 1 but with a cap charge around $6 million.

They may have some excuse for it, but it's just another bad job from Brett Veach. If that's his justification, it's just him conceding a mistake and nothing else.

If he wasn't important enough to cut Daniel !@#$ing Sorensen over, why is he suddenly a $14 million player?
htismaqe 10:08 AM 03-12-2019
Which hopefully means they expect him to replace Berry.
Lzen 10:08 AM 03-12-2019
Here's the thing partner. For 14 million per, they are gonna need better than "far from bad".

Same with Watkins and Hitchens.

You go signing these guys to these deals and they perform, you're fine. It's not ideal because that money comes from somewhere, but as long as they produce it's fine.

When they play 9 games because of a foot injury or just suck, it aint gonna work out.
Free agents rarely work out as well as expected. Or rather, they typically don't play well enough to justify their exorbitant contract. That doesn't necessarily mean they are bad, just that they usually aren't worth the FA contracts that they get. But what are you gonna do, not sign any FAs? I would prefer they draft and develop well but, you can't get everything from the draft.
htismaqe 10:08 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
The RGR guy said something about Nate Taylor mentioning Tyrann was brought here to play center fielder. If what Nate is saying is true this move makes even less sense because he was playing near the line of scrimmage as a strong in Houston.
He struggled in Houston, too. Maybe using him differently isn't a bad thing.
O.city 10:10 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You look at the amount of !@#$ing dead weight that team carried last year and just call it another TYPE of failure.

If they didn't have the money to sign him, that's not any better of a justification. They left the season with about $3 million in cap space. They could've cleared $4 million but dumping Sorensen and there was no good reason not to have replaced Colquitt with Dickerson in the draft and saved yourself another million.

So you're at $8 million right there, without dicking with Hitchens or Watkins. You give him his $10 million AAV and move some cap around via the signing bonus and you could've easily gotten that done with him getting $10 million in year 1 but with a cap charge around $6 million.

They may have some excuse for it, but it's just another bad job from Brett Veach. If that's his justification, it's just him conceding a mistake and nothing else.

If he wasn't important enough to cut Daniel !@#$ing Sorensen over, why is he suddenly a $14 million player?
[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]
DJ's left nut 10:10 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I only say far from bad because I don’t have the necessary resources at my disposal to judge how good or not he was in coverage last year.
For what it's worth (a little, not much more), PFF had him as the 36th ranked Safety in coverage among guys who played 20% or more of their team's defensive snaps.

So...not good. At all.
MotherfuckerJones 10:12 AM 03-12-2019
Nasir Adderley is my guy to pair with Mathieu. Love him in this draft class. But I’m good with a guy like Rapp, Thompson, Adderley, Thornhill, etc.
Iconic 10:15 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He struggled in Houston, too. Maybe using him differently isn't a bad thing.
That's the thing so why even get him if he struggled. I was warming up to him right up until GB got Amos for what they got him. It's just unreal they saw Mathieu and thought wow this guy is absolutely amazing he's definitely a whole 5m per year better than Amos lol.

Just looks like Veach panicked to me.
The Franchise 10:17 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
That's the thing so why even get him if he struggled. I was warming up to this pick right up until GB got Amos for what they got him. It's just unreal they saw Mathieu and thought wow this guy is absolutely amazing he's definitely a whole 5m per year better than Amos lol.

Just looks like Veach panicked to me.
Versatility. They've been saying it since Spags was hired.
O.city 10:18 AM 03-12-2019
So if you cut EB, you probably aren't going to use that money to go buy another safety.

I don't know that's just a fucked up situation.
The Franchise 10:19 AM 03-12-2019
So if you cut EB, you probably aren't going to use that money to go buy another safety.

I don't know that's just a fucked up situation.
We shouldn't spend on another safety now. Go draft one in the first couple of rounds and then add him to Mathieu, Watts and Lucas.
Page 37 of 58
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up