ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 330 of 382
« First < 230280320326327328329330 331332333334340380 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:42 AM 10-23-2021
A nod to Kansas' best half of football in like 10 years, White Wedding Wheat by Rickety Cricket out of Kingman, Arizona. Nice white chocolate flavor to it.

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:00 PM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Boulevard must have got tired of hearing they suck at stouts, they're on a roll lately! This one isn't quite as good as the Magic Drip imo (because I love coffee stouts) but still very tasty and almost as strong @ 13.3%
My palate didn't appreciate following up a 5% wheat with a 13% stout, but what started out as an unfinished, boozy stout is growing on me..... agreed, not as good as Magic Drip, but still pretty solid.

For the style, I've also been drinking TG Fresh Batch Smores lately, so in that regard it's just unfair.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:47 PM 10-23-2021
Back to a lottery system at the major retailers here.

Wrangling you into buying that cola variant.

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:54 PM 10-23-2021
Not terrible at $20/bottle for that second list... the last 4 or 5 of the first list might warrant the $30/bottle.

That's how I bought a bottle of Blanton's (not BCS) not long ago... reduced price, but had to pay for some mediocre bottle of bourbon with it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:02 PM 10-25-2021
Thanks to OTWP for a bourbon and beer trade! :-)

I could have put more effort in the beer department (did a bit of research on Perennial and Side Project), but Cherry Fandango was at the top of the list, and simply filled it out with even more TG deliciousness.

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 12:41 PM 10-28-2021
I won 2 prop days packages.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:46 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I won 2 prop days packages.
I scored one for only the 2nd time in 7 years of entering.

Too bad its still pick up only instead of the party. Hoping they do something special like the Mystery (coconut) bottle last year. 2019 extra was Double Barrel.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:49 PM 10-28-2021
Two of my recent favorites.

Crooked Stave / Omnipollo Double Blueberry Almond Cake Bianca Sour Ale

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:39 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I scored one for only the 2nd time in 7 years of entering.

Too bad its still pick up only instead of the party. Hoping they do something special like the Mystery (coconut) bottle last year. 2019 extra was Double Barrel.
I didn't read the fine print, and didn't realize I had to be in a vehicle at the time of pickup, lol. We were going to just fly out/fly back after a day or two.

ROAD TRIP!!
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:47 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I didn't read the fine print, and didn't realize I had to be in a vehicle at the time of pickup, lol. We were going to just fly out/fly back after a day or two.

ROAD TRIP!!
Ha yep. Lot of grumpy bicyclists here over that policy.

Fortunately for you, there's also a Revolution Deep Woods release that weekend you should be interested in. Public sales typically go on sale the Tuesday before the release on their website, but you can sign up for their newsletter or I can post the details here confirming.

https://revbrew.com/a-warming-winter-in-the-deep-wood

What's even better than their releases are the goodies they put on tap that weekend.

Half Acre's Benthic MIGHT also get released that weekend or thereabouts as well.

Chicago stout season man.

EDIT:

Smoke in the wind about the Maplewood BA Cuppa release as well.

Last year they were an Oznr lottery release around that same time.
[Reply]
TimBone 05:52 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Funky can, but a tasty double IPA with a real punch of citra hops.

This is one of a plethora offerings from Bearded Iris. This is the first beer of theirs that I have tried, but I will keep my eye out for this brewer going forward.

They're not local to me, but I've made a few trades for them, and they've usually been top notch.

Are you local to them? If so, I'd recommend trying some hops from Southern Grist as well.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:55 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by TimBone:
They're not local to me, but I've made a few trades for them, and they've usually been top notch.

Are you local to them? If so, I'd recommend trying some hops from Southern Grist as well.
Hey Timbone! How you been?
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:18 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Chicago stout season man.
Can I just PayPal you like $200/month and expect a box of stouts to show up at my door several days later?
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:21 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Crooked Stave / Omnipollo Double Blueberry Almond Cake Bianca Sour Ale
Omnipollo puts out some great beer.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:23 PM 10-28-2021
And on the I can't believe it's a Boulevard front, I've seen a couple of updates lately that now have my interest after Magic Drip...

Our brewers love sharing small-batch, experimental & wild innovations. This year the BLVR&D Pack liberates 3 of their most beloved creations: Barrel-Aged Imperial Porter, Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout, and Barleywine Blend, and Bourbon Barrel Blended Imperial Stout. On shelves soon! pic.twitter.com/UCc5owBtdv

— Boulevard Brewing Co. (@Boulevard_Beer) October 25, 2021

“Northeast meets middle east by way of Kentucky.”
Big maple & bourbon aroma support the rich combination of pecan, whiskey, & sweet honey malt flavors. Experience decadent baklava, minus the sticky fingers.
Find it hitting shelves starting next week in KC, other areas to follow. pic.twitter.com/YdTEzyRymt

— Boulevard Brewing Co. (@Boulevard_Beer) October 28, 2021

[Reply]
Page 330 of 382
« First < 230280320326327328329330 331332333334340380 > Last »
Up