ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 543 of 3903
« First < 43443493533539540541542543 54454554654755359364310431543 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:28 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Clay - be terrified of the National Guard! (but ignore that silly little virus - no big deal)

It's like Taco John lite.
The human response to this virus is far more terrifying than the virus itself.

We've had far more terrifying diseases, even in the last 20 years.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:29 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I think that you're doing what you can to support your local economy. I agree and support your decision. I'm not going to do it b/c I'm high risk, and every time I would eat takeout I'm probably getting exposed to 2-3 other people.
We’re ordering out as long as possible. If we get locked down we will start eating the food in the house. If we run out of toilet paper.... we’ll let’s just say the Guinea Pig is looking concerned.
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:32 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yes. I've been eating "out" so as to not kill my food stash at home.

Learn to work the value menus.

You can save a lot of $$$ eating fast food if you know how to game it. For exmaple:

A Panda Express 3-Item plate can feed 3 people, even though a lot of people will eat that all by themselves. That's a meal for less than $10. Here's how:

1. A 3-Item plate costs LESS than a Large Entree, and you get a side with it (i.e Chow Mein). So if you plan on using their prepared meat, it's actually better if you purchase the combo. You get the same amount of meat.

2. Just cook your rice at home. For my family of 3, all we need is 1 cup of rice.

Divide up the Chow Mein and the rice into 3rds (if you're 3) and each person also gets a serving of meat.

Your home made rice + Chow Mein + Meat Entree = 1 "Panda Bowl" (or 1-item plate).

The difference in cost however is $24 vs $10.

A lot of these places can be had like that as they often give you TOO much.
Yes, but you only get one fortune cookie.
[Reply]
eDave 05:33 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
We’re ordering out as long as possible. If we get locked down we will start eating the food in the house. If we run out of toilet paper.... we’ll let’s just say the Guinea Pig is looking concerned.
Guinea Pig's are burrowers. Tie a string to it for safety reasons.

Trust me.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 05:36 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yes, but you only get one fortune cookie.
Pure gold
[Reply]
candyman 05:40 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:

Trust me.
:-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:43 PM 03-20-2020
i just realized the fact that the chinese were in fact aware of this virus early on. i always thought the chinese wearing masks at the airport and around sydney during the bush fires for the smoke. it wasn't that, it was they knew before christmas what was going on. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 05:44 PM 03-20-2020
Been ordering out a lot too. Supporting local business and saving food just in case.
[Reply]
notorious 05:48 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:

Trust me.

[Reply]
TLO 05:51 PM 03-20-2020
So is ordering out generally considered safe?
[Reply]
neech 05:55 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
You always have the option of going to the grocery store with crowds of people.
[Reply]
kgrund 06:06 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i just realized the fact that the chinese were in fact aware of this virus early on. i always thought the chinese wearing masks at the airport and around sydney during the bush fires for the smoke. it wasn't that, it was they knew before christmas what was going on. :-)
The post Soviet world saw Communist China adopt capitalism in order to survive. Their economic presence in the world has put lipstick on a pig. However, let there be no mistake, Communist China was and still is a pig.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:07 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
The post Soviet world saw Communist China adopt capitalism in order to survive. Their economic presence in the world has put lipstick on a pig. However, let there be no mistake, Communist China was and still is a pig.
Well that pig is going to run the world for the next hundred years or so.

dong ma?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:10 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It's probably the safest it has ever been.

Go to any restaurant website and they list all of the extra steps they are taking to ensure the cleanliness of their food preparation/food handling with delivery and take out.

Makes you wonder why they can't make these extra steps a part of their normal operating procedure.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:14 PM 03-20-2020
Wife got laid off today after returning from a work trip to Costa Rica yesterday.

Though, they called it a furlough for 60 days....she’s a travel agent. So I told her you might as well treat it as you were laid off....because shit ain’t gonna improve in 60 days from a booking travel perspective.

Yay.
[Reply]
Page 543 of 3903
« First < 43443493533539540541542543 54454554654755359364310431543 > Last »
Up