ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3535 of 3903
« First < 2535303534353485352535313532353335343535 3536353735383539354535853635 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:08 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
But they don't care about the age-stratification of risk.

The focus is vaccinate everyone. Kids (NY Times pushing kids to get them without parental consent), people who already had Covid. Just get the numbers up!

The vaccine "hesitant" ( a marketing phrase to make people sound wishy-washy) aren't mostly people over 70 with 3 comorbidities.

They are people younger than 50 who don't care or already had Covid.
And a lot of those age 40ish people are the one's in the hospital now with the new variant. Some I personally know now say they should have gotten it so they didn't spend a few days at Mosaic.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:13 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
And a lot of those age 40ish people are the one's in the hospital now with the new variant. Some I personally know now say they should have gotten it so they didn't spend a few days at Mosaic.
New variant looking promising. Less than .1 of unvaccinated dying from Delta according to Public Health England data.

That means weaker than the flu.
[Reply]
NotDonger 09:18 AM 06-29-2021
New variant looking promising. Less than .1 of unvaccinated dying from Delta according to Public Health England data.

Interesting. Do you have a link to these data, please?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:21 AM 06-29-2021

You're kind of conflating two things there. It's likely that low because most of the people getting it are younger. Comparing it to the flu, where it hits people of all ages, isn't quite apples to apples.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:23 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You're kind of conflating two things there. It's likely that low because most of the people getting it are younger. Comparing it to the flu, where it hits people of all ages, isn't quite apples to apples.
Even if something has a lower fatality rate , being more contagious cans till make it more dangerous , increases the odds of sever outcomes.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:24 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Covid is definitely tougher than flu, for the elderly.

I was talking about the 18-50 year olds who the public health message is being aimed at for Delta.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:26 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I believe some info was posted on this earlier, but it's worth repeating.

Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines Likely to Produce Lasting Immunity, Study Finds

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...l%3f0p19G=2103
I hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:28 AM 06-29-2021
I believe some info was posted on this earlier, but it's worth repeating.

Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines Likely to Produce Lasting Immunity, Study Finds

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...l%3f0p19G=2103
I'm perfectly happy that I got the J&J vaccine, but I wish it hadn't hit so many speed bumps along the way. There's just very little data out there to be able to tell how well it's doing against variants.

I'm still pretty confident it's good enough for what I need, but it'd be nice to get some additional information.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:29 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Even if something has a lower fatality rate , being more contagious cans till make it more dangerous , increases the odds of sever outcomes.
Amputation seems a bit extreme, but different countries handle things differently, I suppose.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 06-29-2021
Yeah, the younger age unvaccinated here in our are are getting hit with it pretty good right now. So far, seemingly they're surviving thankfully, but it doesn't seem to be as light for them as the previous ones. Maybe just anecdotal though.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:59 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, the younger age unvaccinated here in our are are getting hit with it pretty good right now. So far, seemingly they're surviving thankfully, but it doesn't seem to be as light for them as the previous ones. Maybe just anecdotal though.
Even the hard hit younger ones did well up here but they can be more resource intense, longer stays in hospital more options given etc. because of the they are more likely to recover uses up more resources .
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:39 AM 06-29-2021
This sucks

#BREAKING: L.A. County health officials recommending wearing masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status, amid spread of Delta variant https://t.co/6kuuRGEXfB

— ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) June 29, 2021

[Reply]
TLO 10:41 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This sucks

But why though?
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:45 AM 06-29-2021
But why though?
Originally Posted by :
"While COVID-19 vaccine provides very effective protection preventing hospitalizations and deaths against the Delta variant, the strain is proving to be more transmissible and is expected to become more prevalent,'' L.A. County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said in a statement. "Mask wearing remains an effective tool for reducing transmission, especially indoors where the virus may be easily spread through inhalation of aerosols emitted by an infected person."

Whether I agree or not isn't the point, if they make us wear masks again it's gonna suck pure and simple
[Reply]
TLO 10:45 AM 06-29-2021
At the end of that article it says this

Originally Posted by :
releasing statistics showing that between Dec. 7 and June 7, 99.6% of all new COVID infections in the county involved people who were not vaccinated. Of the people who were hospitalized due to the virus in that time period, 98.7% were unvaccinated. And among those who died, 99.8% were unvaccinated.

[Reply]
Page 3535 of 3903
« First < 2535303534353485352535313532353335343535 3536353735383539354535853635 > Last »
Up