ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1191 of 3903
« First < 19169110911141118111871188118911901191 119211931194119512011241129116912191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 10:59 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Exactly but I sense yet another "but" as to why those numbers aren't right either. People are cherry picking to suit their argument.
where’s cherry picking?

An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee
[Reply]
petegz28 11:00 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Well you’d think that but then there’s this...

An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee
And I will tell you now that as sad as it sounds, whether the person died FROM Covid or not if they test or have symptoms they are being tagged as so for financial reasons among others.
[Reply]
Donger 11:00 AM 04-07-2020
People are cherry picking to suit their argument.
Yes, some people are.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:01 AM 04-07-2020
This cant be right

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...t-positive-for
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:01 AM 04-07-2020
And I will tell you now that as sad as it sounds, whether the person died FROM Covid or not if they test or have symptoms they are being tagged as so for financial reasons among others.
Well that guy says they AREN’T being tagged as dying from Coronavirus, they aren’t even being tested...

Did you even read what he said and who it was saying it?

He SPECIFICALLY said there aren’t being counted in the figures, so in New York a third of the deaths could be being missed every day
[Reply]
burt 11:01 AM 04-07-2020
Just a little help for the rest of this thread....

draconian [ drey-koh-nee-uh n, druh- ]

adj.harsh
Synonyms for draconian
cruel
drastic
heavy-handed
oppressive
severe
strict
brutal
exorbitant
extreme
rough
very severe
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:02 AM 04-07-2020
Well you’d think that but then there’s this...

I've seen that but you can bet people positive with Covid dying from unrelated causes are being counted as Covid deaths or people with symptoms but no test dying are being counted in other places. That numbers just seems insane to me as well given what that would do to their totals but :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:02 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well at least the dialogue got me to researching patient 31.

For pure intrigue read this story on it. I don't believe the conspiracy floated in it but it's rather interesting. It makes you wonder how so many people did get infected.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...065953841.html
yup it is crazy how easy this spreads.

And to show how good\crazy SK is tracking this down I read a story last week on how they traced a bunch of infected people. They had surveillance cameras in a church and they saw the infected person come in, everyone around that one person got infected and they traced those down. Then they looked at the video and for the next 2 weeks anyone that sat in the same seat as the first infected person also got infected soon after and they traced them down as well and quarantined them.
[Reply]
Donger 11:02 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This cant be right

Doesn't sound far-fetched:

Nonprofit news site BridgeMI.com reported that Dr. Adnan Munkarah of the Henry Ford Health System confirmed 731 cases of the coronavirus among employees at the hospital system, accounting for 2 percent of the hospital system's 31,600 employees
[Reply]
loochy 11:03 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Might be bad timing for a new Corona product launch...
Introducing Corona Hard Seltzer. Four delicious flavors. One splashy entrance. pic.twitter.com/XrPPr6nWrB
— Corona USA (@coronaextrausa) February 24, 2020

No, it's actually perfect timing.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:03 AM 04-07-2020
Strategically social distance the high risk group.

We do this all of the time in normal situations with cancer patients, etc. The high risk individual social distances and those who come in direct contact with the high risk person take the proper precautions (i.e. wearing masks/gloves).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/2960151001/

Originally Posted by :
The majority of New York’s more than 4,700 deaths due to coronavirus were among men, and 86% of all deaths were among people who had underlying illnesses, such as hypertension and diabetes, new state data shows.

[Reply]
Donger 11:04 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
Just a little help for the rest of this thread....

draconian [ drey-koh-nee-uh n, druh- ]

adj.harsh
Synonyms for draconian
cruel
drastic
heavy-handed
oppressive
severe
strict
brutal
exorbitant
extreme
rough
very severe
Quite a legacy...

Draco (/ˈdreɪkoʊ/; Greek: Δράκων, Drakōn; fl. c. 7th century BC), also called Drako or Drakon, was the first recorded legislator of Athens in Ancient Greece. He replaced the prevailing system of oral law and blood feud by a written code to be enforced only by a court of law. Draco was the first democratic legislator, requested by the Athenian citizens to be a lawgiver for the city-state, but the citizens were fully unaware that Draco would establish laws characterized by their harshness. Since the 19th century, the adjective draconian (Greek: δρακόντειος drakónteios) refers to similarly unforgiving rules or laws, in Greek, English and other European languages.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:04 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This cant be right

I am sure it is. Hospitals are highly infected and you shouldn't go to one now unless you absolutely need to. I don't know how they are going to clean these.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:05 AM 04-07-2020
Well that guy says they AREN’T being tagged as dying from Coronavirus, they aren’t even being tested...

Did you even read what he said and who it was saying it?

He SPECIFICALLY said there aren’t being counted in the figures, so in New York a third of the deaths could be being missed every day
I wasn't equating that to his statement, sorry if that was unclear. I was just elaborating to how numbers can be wonky.
[Reply]
tk13 11:05 AM 04-07-2020
Theoretically they might be. But there is a practical side to things that unfortunately have to be considered whether you like it or not. Specifically the logistical problems of testing en masse in a country our size.

In other words, it's a hell of a lot easier to test 50% of 1,000 than it is 50% of 5,000,000.
That's just excuses. Yeah it's going to be harder, but we also have the manpower and the world class science to get ahead of this and attack it and we chose not to do it.

People can dance around it all they want, but if you want to get out ahead of it you have to test. And that works both ways. There is a huge chance there are a lot of people who had this and don't know it and could go back out into society. If you want to get things back to normal it'd be a lot easier if people knew they had it. Otherwise you're going to create a situation where people are staying at home and the economy is still in the tank because they're afraid of catching a disease they already had, and don't know it. That's not going to improve the situation.
[Reply]
Page 1191 of 3903
« First < 19169110911141118111871188118911901191 119211931194119512011241129116912191 > Last »
Up