ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1185 of 3903
« First < 18568510851135117511811182118311841185 118611871188118911951235128516852185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
So apparently trump owns shares in the company Sanofi which makes Plaquenil.

How convenient for him to be pushing this constantly without knowing what he is talking about.
Look up 'generic drugs' and 'mutual funds' and get back to me.

Jesus
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:40 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Cuomo says NY hospitalization rate is down to 529 which is the lowest in weeks if I understand that correctly
And they had the biggest day to day jump in deaths.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:40 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Dude, yes! The Extra Toasty ones kick ****ing ass. I tried them for the first time a few months back and they were awesome. My fiance acted like she couldn't taste a difference, but she also told me one time that she couldn't see the difference between HD and SD on TV.
My wife always watches the SD channels it drives me crazy , how can you not tell the difference .
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 04-07-2020
So what would you propose? Lock up everyone, test them, keep the negative people locked up until all the positive people are recovered or dead?
Ideally, yes. Immediate testing which would allow you to inform people of positives and isolate them.

Not locking them up though. As we've seen, the general public here will do things to help other people if you ask them and tell them the truth.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:41 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This thread has done at least one thing good for me....

Extra Toasty Cheeze-it’s are ****ing amazing.
Now I am going to have to try and find some , thanks a lot.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:42 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This thread has done at least one thing good for me....

Extra Toasty Cheeze-it’s are fucking amazing.
You're welcome.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
My wife always watches the SD channels it drives me crazy , how can you not tell the difference .
It's hard to watch a ballgame that's even 10 years old these days.

The difference is night and day.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:43 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If a splinter in your finger gets infected and you cut the arm off to stop the spread like you're in a Civil War field hospital, I'd say "hey, it stopped the spread..." is probably not the right approach.

There are a thousand different circumstances where an 'overreaction that works' is still an overreaction. Shit, it has its own word, does it not? Isn't that the entire concept of 'overkill'?

C'mon.
Considering what has happened in Italy, Spain, France and lying China...I don’t blame them for overreacting.

I do think that this month will tell us a lot and if things keep going the way they are recently, we should consider getting things back up and running next month.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:43 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
So apparently trump owns shares in the company Sanofi which makes Plaquenil.

How convenient for him to be pushing this constantly without knowing what he is talking about.
And once again....

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.

[Reply]
Mecca 09:43 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Now I am going to have to try and find some , thanks a lot.
My dad said they use to throw those away...they got burned in the cooking process and now they sell them as a product.
[Reply]
O.city 09:44 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
You're welcome.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
petegz28 09:45 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Whats crazy to me is if you buy into some of the recent stuff out of SK and China (grain of salt the size of the world) we may be catching a fraction of the infected.

Even if we're catching 20%, that 80 % is a huge number
There is a lot of people and "experts" trying to have it both ways. On one hand they base a lot of these models and their statements on the data at hand to paint a very dire scenario. Then on the other they say, well we really have no idea how many people REALLY have it and don't have symptoms or are so mild they work through it, etc.

So the logical conclusion is they are both right and wrong. We have to assume that the people serious enough to get their ass to a hospital are legit if they tested positive. But then we also have to assume that there are literally millions of people who have bee exposed and are either not that serious or immune or asymptomatic or whatever term fits your fancy.

So if that is the case then you have to ask yourself are we going too far? My only argument for what is happening right now is to keep hospitals from being overrun and giving time to find suitable treatments.

But this fear or a re-spike in the fall, which we will get and which does admit to a degree that warmer weather will at least temper this a bit, I don't think is enough to justify keeping people locked up for the duration.

We are starting to suffer paralysis by analysis to a degree.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:45 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
That's good, but odd coming off the heals of the worst day in NY in regards to new deaths in a day...
Sure, but now that we are seeing the plateau there, we can see it's well below what was anticipated. Social distancing has mitigated the impact considerably, as can be seen in curve flattening occurring since the measures were put in place.

I'm so impressed by the willingness of most Americans to comply to protect the vulnerable. It is also getting us out the other side sooner than half measures would have. In my state the projected peak and culmination has advanced by three weeks. About two weeks after we started distancing the growth rate declined precipitously.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:47 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Sure, but now that we are seeing the plateau there, we can see it's well below what was anticipated. Social distancing has mitigated the impact considerably, as can be seen in curve flattening occurring since the measures were put in place.

I'm so impressed by the willingness of most Americans to comply to protect the vulnerable. It is also getting us out the other side sooner than half measures would have. In my state the projected peak and culmination has advanced by three weeks. About two weeks after we started distancing the growth rate declined precipitously.
Me too. I think Americans did a great job overall at fighting this virus.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:48 AM 04-07-2020
So what would you propose? Lock up everyone, test them, keep the negative people locked up until all the positive people are recovered or dead?

Ideally we would do what SK or Germany is doing where we have rapid testing everywhere and if you are infected you are quarantined away from everyone, like in a hotel or something. Then they trace all your movements etc to see if there is community spread.

We also need serology testing, therapeutics and hopefully a vaccine but that goes without saying.
[Reply]
Page 1185 of 3903
« First < 18568510851135117511811182118311841185 118611871188118911951235128516852185 > Last »
Up