ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 40
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:48 AM 08-26-2020
I read Goold said in his chat that Liberatore and Gorman could be here in 2021. Gorman starting 3B. Is this just more front office pumping out propaganda to a friendly “journalist”? Or are they progressing a year ahead of schedule?
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:51 AM 08-26-2020
Carlson, Gorman, and Liberatore- some good young talent that could be cornerstones for the future. Let's hope they develop.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:37 AM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I read Goold said in his chat that Liberatore and Gorman could be here in 2021. Gorman starting 3B. Is this just more front office pumping out propaganda to a friendly “journalist”? Or are they progressing a year ahead of schedule?
If you think watching Dylan Carlson adjust to advance major league pitching is painful, wait until you see the kid who CLEARLY struggled with the step from A to A+ try to do it after taking a year off.

Nolan Gorman would get eviscerated at this level. I mean just abused. Dude would bat .200 w/ 215 strikeouts and 15 homeruns he hit in blowouts off mopup relievers.

I honestly think he's at least 2 more years away and potentially 3 after losing this season of development. Maybe they're seeing something in these camps that's changed, but based on anything we've seen thus far, he's a mistake hitter with massive holes in his swing (with solid pitch recognition but against really raw arms).

Liberatore, OTOH, I could see starting games for us at some point next season. He'd also have to explode through the system but w/ the leverage he can get on his pitches and the life he has on his fastball, he's the kind of guy that can move quickly if his mechanics lock in and his body matures. If he's suddenly working at 96 and has developed enough consistency to really stay on top of his breaking pitches, he could rocket through the system and w/ an injury or two, end up making that jump from AA to the majors that you'll see with some really polished prospects.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:38 PM 08-26-2020
When are they going to fire "BT"? Games are simply unlistenable with him and drunk Dan
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:45 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
When are they going to fire "BT"? Games are simply unlistenable with him and drunk Dan
Someone else noticed it?

Friday night with Horton he was OBVIOUSLY hammered. Kept telling the Holliday/Hayes story and doing a god-awful impression of...something.

I've been listening to the Royals broadcast this week because Dan's obviously back on the sauce. And with Edmonds on, I can tolerate drunk Dan. But when it's Dan up there with Horton or worse, Butters, it's just intolerable.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:20 PM 08-26-2020
He laughed for the entire half inning when Fredbird was ironing his jerseys out in Big Mac Land.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:31 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
He laughed for the entire half inning when Fredbird was ironing his jerseys out in Big Mac Land.
And it was still less stupid than his clear belief that if he just kept saying "advanced metrics" eventually he'd convince people that Adam Wainwright has had a Hall of Fame career.

He's been really bad. I truly think he's drinking again.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:26 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Someone else noticed it?

Friday night with Horton he was OBVIOUSLY hammered. Kept telling the Holliday/Hayes story and doing a god-awful impression of...something.

I've been listening to the Royals broadcast this week because Dan's obviously back on the sauce. And with Edmonds on, I can tolerate drunk Dan. But when it's Dan up there with Horton or worse, Butters, it's just intolerable.
Oh yeah. He was sauced
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:28 PM 08-26-2020
Drunk Dan somehow still beats butters
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:37 PM 08-26-2020
The inheritors of Jack Buck and Harry Carey legacy are for shit. Edmonds is the only announcer worth a crap. The rest are trash.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:53 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Drunk Dan somehow still beats butters
I'm going to make Butters a thing outside of my Cardinals board.

He got that nickname over there probably 15 years ago when Anthony Reyes kept getting starts despite being bombed and all Brad Thompson ever did was get fucked around despite far better results in the minors and majors.

So it became a gag about the episode where Butters Stotch from South Park was at the NAMBLA meeting just constantly at risk of getting nailed. Mostly just a joke about Thompson getting butt-fucked pretty routinely by the organization.

And thus the most absurd yet fitting nickname was born.

My buddies call him Butters as well and have no idea why. You don't have to know why - it's just a perfect damn nickname for that goof.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:51 AM 08-27-2020

[Reply]
VAChief 05:16 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Seeing that kid with the long gun walk right through the police line without question has to provide a sharp contrast to those that feel a different kind of justice for them over and over again. The data doesn’t lie.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:19 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Seeing that kid with the long gun walk right through the police line without question has to provide a sharp contrast to those that feel a different kind of justice for them over and over again. The data doesn’t lie.
And then you see an entire park full of black people protesting armed to the teeth and not get shot at...

Imagine standing for something and making Jacob Blake one of your poster boys. Fucking retarded.
[Reply]
VAChief 05:37 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
And then you see an entire park full of black people protesting armed to the teeth and not get shot at...

Imagine standing for something and making Jacob Blake one of your poster boys. ****ing retarded.
When the numbers skew towards equitable justice the outrage will subside. That just seems logical. Whataboutism doesn’t really ring effective as an argument if you are blind to the facts.

Oh and f the Cubs!:-)
[Reply]
Page 22 of 40
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up