ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1032 of 2687
« First < 32532932982102210281029103010311032 103310341035103610421082113215322032 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:17 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Some jackpot on a forum tried to argue with me that Favre doesn't know what a good QB who doesn't throw picks looks like.

It's amazing out here, fellas.
Be safe out there. We have a future HoF QB. The haters are gonna start gunnin' for us now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:18 PM 09-19-2018
Maybe it's just the insane amount of talent around him now. He didn't have this kind of talent at Texas Tech, and they didn't run the ball much.

Being in a close game isn't pressure on him either. He was constantly behind at Tech.

I'm just thinking those two things have made him a fucking superman now and there's no going back. It's a perfect storm.

Don't get me wrong, Mahomes is a stud, but he's not supposed to be this good this early. But he hasn't had this kind of talent or environment before and it's just bringing out the best.

It's kind of like if you had taken Warren Moon out of Houston and put him on the 49ers. He would have blown the fuck up instead of just having two or three career years.
[Reply]
penchief 05:20 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
They can speculate all they want about his future, but when they start denying the painfully obvious arm talent... its clear they're either being 'hot take' dickheads, or they simply dont like KC and never will
I think if there wasn't so many people raving about Mahomes and projecting greatness for him, they probably wouldn't be so salty about it. For some, their football career is their entire identity. To see a complete neophyte make the game look so easy right out of the gate has to be a little unsettling. I think making a stand on the principle that it is "too soon" to say anything definitive, even in regards to his arm talent can only be explained by that kind of stubbornness.

Someone who is paid to be a football analyst should be basing his analysis on what he sees with his own eyes and not some vague code. You could almost see that Nick Wright was a little incredulous that he couldn't get either of them to even acknowledge seeing anything special in Mahomes.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:24 PM 09-19-2018
Mahomes Raw Total Quarterback Rating against pressure has been 74.0 (the league average is about 50 on all passes and 20 versus pressure), compared with Smith’s 31.3 mark last year.

So PM's pressure rating in 54 points higher than league average and 43 points higher than Smiths...

Jesus...
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:26 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Mahomes Raw Total Quarterback Rating against pressure has been 74.0 (the league average is about 50 on all passes and 20 versus pressure), compared with Smith’s 31.3 mark last year.

So PM's pressure rating in 54 points higher than league average and 43 points higher than Smiths...

Jesus...
When under pressure, Patrick's depth of target increases to 17 yards per attempt.

When you get after him, he looks to kill you.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:28 PM 09-19-2018
The kid was put in an absolutely perfect situation to succeed. He’s got all the studs around him to take pressure off early in his career. By the time KC loses some of their offensive firepower, Mahomes will likely have the mental side of the game down at an elite level, especially based on what we’ve seen from him early. At that point he’ll be making guys like Robinson look like Sammy Watkins for half the price.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:29 PM 09-19-2018
We need to stop talking about his tendencies. Now.
[Reply]
FAX 05:34 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Maybe it's just the insane amount of talent around him now. He didn't have this kind of talent at Texas Tech, and they didn't run the ball much.

Being in a close game isn't pressure on him either. He was constantly behind at Tech.

I'm just thinking those two things have made him a ****ing superman now and there's no going back. It's a perfect storm.

Don't get me wrong, Mahomes is a stud, but he's not supposed to be this good this early. But he hasn't had this kind of talent or environment before and it's just bringing out the best.

It's kind of like if you had taken Warren Moon out of Houston and put him on the 49ers. He would have blown the **** up instead of just having two or three career years.
He's also been blessed with the best QB Whisperer one could hope for in Wally.

It is, of course, also true that spending a full year learning how to prepare and scout the enemy with AS11 was important.

Nobody starts this fast. Nobody plays this well this soon.

The arm is one thing, the vision and his obvious understanding of both the offensive scheme and the defensive counters ... those are something else entirely.

Pundits (aka Dumbfounded Idiots) are saying he'll regress, and surely he will. But he won't regress like Wishkins or Dik. When he does, it will be a 10 or 20 percent decrease in efficiency - not a crash. He's that good.

FAX
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:36 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Hey Seth Keysor, the guy who did that film breakdown pieces for The Athletic, might be interested in doing an AMA or something (I'm trying to get him engaged over here). What should I tell him, make an account and PM some mod to get verified?
"Hi Seth, big fan, so do you prefer your antifreeze in a bottle or can?"
[Reply]
Kman34 05:40 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
He's also been blessed with the best QB Whisperer one could hope for in Wally.

It is, of course, also true that spending a full year learning how to prepare and scout the enemy with AS11 was important.

Nobody starts this fast. Nobody plays this well this soon.

The arm is one thing, the vision and his obvious understanding of both the offensive scheme and the defensive counters ... those are something else entirely.

Pundits (aka Dumbfounded Idiots) are saying he'll regress, and surely he will. But he won't regress like Wishkins or Dik. When he does, it will be a 10 or 20 percent decrease in efficiency - not a crash. He's that good.

FAX
Right now the only way to stop him is to hold the ball and not let him on the field by running the ball... bet we see some of that Sunday... don’t think it will work but I bet they try it...
[Reply]
DRM08 05:42 PM 09-19-2018

I'm just thinking those two things have made him a ****ing superman now and there's no going back. It's a perfect storm.

It's kind of like if you had taken Warren Moon out of Houston and put him on the 49ers. He would have blown the **** up instead of just having two or three career years.
Yes, I think Mahomes has a true joy for the game. He doesn’t see “scrub” players on the roster, he sees a massive upgrade in talent. Even the 3rd-4th string receivers are better than what he had at Tech.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:43 PM 09-19-2018
:-) fucking memes man

[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:45 PM 09-19-2018

While not to the level of the talent he has access to with the Chiefs, Tech had plenty of talent on offense. There are 4 receivers he played with at Tech in the NFL (3 Active rosters, 1 practice squad). Sophomore year, he had a 1400 yard rusher behind him (Active on NFL roster).

It was the defense at Tech that let him down.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:50 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
While not to the level of the talent he has access to with the Chiefs, Tech had plenty of talent on offense. There are 4 receivers he played with at Tech in the NFL (3 Active rosters, 1 practice squad). Sophomore year, he had a 1400 yard rusher behind him (Active on NFL roster).

It was the defense at Tech that let him down.
They weren't bad by any means, but he now has the best TE in football, a top 5 WR and the best deep threat, a third option in Watkins that would be a #1 anywhere else, and oh by the way the NFL rushing leader.

That's like Mahomes lining up at Tech with Saquon Barkley, John Ross, Jake Butt and Dede Westbrook.

Also I just noticed Mahomes led all of college football in total yards in 2016. No shit? :-)
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 05:52 PM 09-19-2018
I think SO many people underrate his mind.

This kid is sharp, boys. It just seems that any sort of situation he’s thrown in, he wil not only succeed, but thrive. The way he’s recognizing defenses at this EARLY point in his career just blows my mind. SO many QBs with big arms just didn’t have either the intelligence or desire to learn and truly understand how an opposing defense works. Mahomes has the drive AND the intelligence AND the special athletic ability. Just watching him speak and reading about what he’s like as a person is really what sold me on him, even prior to the draft. You can tell he’s not only a special athlete, but a special person.
[Reply]
Page 1032 of 2687
« First < 32532932982102210281029103010311032 103310341035103610421082113215322032 > Last »
Up