ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 56
« First < 5455152535455 56 >
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:24 PM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He signed his death warrant with that hit.

Phil was a smug prick, though. Fuck him.
Phil was definitely an asshole, always pressing his advantage

Frank Vincent was great, RIP
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 08:54 PM 06-19-2020
If you guys weren't aware, Chrissy and Bobby Bacala have their own podcast discussing Sopranos and all the episodes
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:43 PM 06-29-2021
The Many Saints of Newark trailer dropped today. Sopranos prequel movie.......enjoy

[Reply]
notorious 09:22 PM 06-29-2021
Oh god, they better do it right.

Tony and Jackie's hold-up of Feech's card game.......

Be careful.....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:00 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Oh god, they better do it right.
The film is by David Chase, the creator and writer of the Sopranos, so I wouldn't expect it to be anything other than very good at worst.

The trailer looks badass, IMO.

I hope that it launches a new series on HBO because there are an epic shit ton of stories to be told from that era and the cast looks to be absolutely perfect.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:09 AM 06-30-2021
Currently rewatching the series for the 3rd time.

Just in time for the movie. Can’t wait.

Gandolfini’s son looks just like a young Tony would.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:03 AM 06-30-2021
The first season of this show was fantastic, but it was started going down hill after that. Every season the show lost one or two of its best characters and the newer ones were never as good. Nancy Marchand's death was a big blow. And I think they just ran out of ideas. I mean Tony was having panic attacks about meat for gods sake.
[Reply]
notorious 06:29 PM 06-30-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
The first season of this show was fantastic, but it was started going down hill after that. Every season the show lost one or two of its best characters and the newer ones were never as good. Nancy Marchand's death was a big blow. And I think they just ran out of ideas. I mean Tony was having panic attacks about meat for gods sake.
Wow.

The show developed a huge array of amazing characters and stories.

I personally don’t like the final 1/2 season, but the rest of the show was fucking fantastic.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:04 PM 06-30-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
bulls' eye

the first season was riveting. after that, it was self-referential
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:26 PM 11-02-2021
So Tony was killed at the end.

The Sopranos creator David Chase finally revealed what happened to Tony Soprano in the infamous series finale.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter's Awards Chatter podcast, Chase revealed that main character Tony Soprano did, indeed, die in the infamous cut-to-black Sopranos series finale, though he said that particular ending scene was not originally what he had in mind. "I had a scene in which Tony comes back from a meeting in New York in his car," Chase said. "At the beginning of every show, he came from New York into New Jersey, and the last scene could be him coming from New Jersey back into New York for a meeting at which he was going to be killed."

However, Chase explained that the idea for the final moments of the finale taking place in the little restaurant came to him two years before the episode aired on June 10, 2007. "But I think I had this notion -- I was driving on Ocean Park Boulevard near the airport and I saw a little restaurant," the series creator said. "It was kind of like a shack that served breakfast. And for some reason, I thought, 'Tony should get it in a place like that.' Why? I don't know."

While Chase's intention was for Tony to die at the end of the iconic HBO series, often considered one of the best television shows of all time, he did not expect the massive response the finale received, saying, "Yeah, nobody said anything about the episode. No, it was all about the ending." He also revealed that what bothered him about the reaction to the Sopranos finale wasn't the huge response, but was people needing to see Tony die on screen. "That bothered me," he said. "They wanted to know that Tony was killed. They wanted to see him go face-down in linguini, you know?"

He continued, "And I just thought, 'God, you watched this guy for seven years and I know he's a criminal. But don't tell me you don't love him in some way, don't tell me you're not on his side in some way. And now you want to see him killed? You want justice done? You're a criminal after watching this shit for seven years.' That bothered me, yeah."
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-09-2021, 01:04 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: fuggedabouddit
KCUnited 04:30 PM 11-11-2021
Treated myself to something nice today

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:37 PM 11-11-2021
Coolest ugly Christmas sweater ever
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:40 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So Tony was killed at the end.

The Sopranos creator David Chase finally revealed what happened to Tony Soprano in the infamous series finale.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter's Awards Chatter podcast, Chase revealed that main character Tony Soprano did, indeed, die in the infamous cut-to-black Sopranos series finale, though he said that particular ending scene was not originally what he had in mind. "I had a scene in which Tony comes back from a meeting in New York in his car," Chase said. "At the beginning of every show, he came from New York into New Jersey, and the last scene could be him coming from New Jersey back into New York for a meeting at which he was going to be killed."

However, Chase explained that the idea for the final moments of the finale taking place in the little restaurant came to him two years before the episode aired on June 10, 2007. "But I think I had this notion -- I was driving on Ocean Park Boulevard near the airport and I saw a little restaurant," the series creator said. "It was kind of like a shack that served breakfast. And for some reason, I thought, 'Tony should get it in a place like that.' Why? I don't know."

While Chase's intention was for Tony to die at the end of the iconic HBO series, often considered one of the best television shows of all time, he did not expect the massive response the finale received, saying, "Yeah, nobody said anything about the episode. No, it was all about the ending." He also revealed that what bothered him about the reaction to the Sopranos finale wasn't the huge response, but was people needing to see Tony die on screen. "That bothered me," he said. "They wanted to know that Tony was killed. They wanted to see him go face-down in linguini, you know?"

He continued, "And I just thought, 'God, you watched this guy for seven years and I know he's a criminal. But don't tell me you don't love him in some way, don't tell me you're not on his side in some way. And now you want to see him killed? You want justice done? You're a criminal after watching this shit for seven years.' That bothered me, yeah."

Spoke to David Chase about @THR claiming that in a recent interview, he “settled” the end of the Sopranos. He did not. He asked me to release this quote: “Everybody who believes I said Tony is dead in a Hollywood Reporter article: works for me. Now you”ll stop fucking asking me.”

— Matt Zoller Seitz (@mattzollerseitz) November 8, 2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:55 PM 11-11-2021
Honestly never understood the "did Tony die?" mania, dude he got whacked

You can hate the way Chase ended it, I definitely did

But Tony is DEAD

Tony was already a source of major irritation for the 5 families, then kills Leotardo in front of his wife and grandkids!

Thats waaay outside the bounds, its absolutely terrible for business... so of course Tony got whacked the same way
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:20 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Honestly never understood the "did Tony die?" mania, dude he got whacked

You can hate the way Chase ended it, I definitely did

But Tony is DEAD

Tony was already a source of major irritation for the 5 families, then kills Leotardo in front of his wife and grandkids!

Thats waaay outside the bounds, its absolutely terrible for business... so of course Tony got whacked the same way
He wanted it to be did he die or did he not. He deserves every bit of grief that comes his way. He didn’t need to show Tony’s brains all over Camella and the kids to show that Tony was dead or he wasn’t dead.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 56
« First < 5455152535455 56 >
Up