ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 56
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Otter 10:59 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Jim Jones:
That is wrong. It seems like nobody understood the ending. Tony is DEAD.

Remember earlier in the season when Tony and Bobby were on the boat and Bobby asks "what do you think happens when you die?" and Tony replies, "nothing, it just goes black."

Well..
Bottom line is you don't know for sure either way. That's why it's brilliant.

Of course brilliant turns into annoying and "stupid" if you need closure for every little thing.
[Reply]
Miles 11:02 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Anybody watch that "John from Cincinatti" show?

Is Big Love coming back? or has it already??
Big love is back tomorrow night.
[Reply]
Jim Jones 11:03 PM 06-10-2007
Honestly, I thought the ending was clear as day. Tony and AJ are talking about how they should always remember the "good times". Silver jacket dude is really suspicious and goes into the bathroom, just as Meadow comes in the screen goes black. Meadow is the last thing Tony sees before he dies.
[Reply]
Miles 11:04 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by BigRock:
I don't think anything happened to Tony. The entire diner sequence just made the viewer experience what it must be like for someone like Tony every day, always looking up to see who's coming in, never knowing if the regular-looking guy at the counter is the one who's going to pull the gun.

All the quick shots to random people in the diner helped build the tension, and showing Meadow delayed with her car helped foster the notion that something would happen. You're already filled with tension, and you see Meadow struggling with the car, and you think that something's going to happen and she'll just miss it because she's late. Or being late will cause something to happen to her that wouldn't have otherwise.

And tension just builds and builds and, at the end, nothing happens. It's what every day must be like for a guy like Tony.

I'm not saying it was a good ending, but that's what I got from it. :-)
That is pretty much what I am thinking right now as well. My initial reaction was that I was kind of pissed but I think the open ended ending was perfectly done.
[Reply]
noa 11:05 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Anybody watch that "John from Cincinatti" show?

Is Big Love coming back? or has it already??
I watched John from Cincinatti. My impression was that if you liked Deadwood, you might like this show, but probably not as much because it lacks the amazing set of Deadwood and there's no Al Swearengen.
[Reply]
Miles 11:06 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by noa:
I watched John from Cincinatti. My impression was that if you liked Deadwood, you might like this show, but probably not as much because it lacks the amazing set of Deadwood and there's no Al Swearengen.
I am about to fire it up on the DVR. From the previews it looks like an interesting character study.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:07 PM 06-10-2007
Anybody know where the finale has been uploaded on the internet so I can watch it? I didn't see anything on dailymotion yet.
[Reply]
KevB 11:10 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Jim Jones:
Honestly, I thought the ending was clear as day. Tony and AJ are talking about how they should always remember the "good times". Silver jacket dude is really suspicious and goes into the bathroom, just as Meadow comes in the screen goes black. Meadow is the last thing Tony sees before he dies.
But who's pulling the trigger? They settled the NY issues, so it wouldn't be one of those guys. If it's Phil's nephew as suggested below, I can see it.
[Reply]
Miles 11:12 PM 06-10-2007
From last week:

Well, at least I got half my wish.
The half you got was one of the best death sequences in the series.
[Reply]
elvomito 11:43 PM 06-10-2007
i think it was a powerful finale
for the first time ever, his family is showing signs of happiness.
then, they're enjoying a night out together for dinner
as soon as i see the guy get up, i'm thinkin its mikey corleone, goin to the bathroom, coming out gun blazing. perfect angle for it too.
curtains.
he looks familiar, has to be a relative of phil's
i like the fact that they left it up to the imagination. not so easy to dismiss without some type of closure
[Reply]
chiefsfan1963 12:03 AM 06-11-2007
Tony dead? He wishes. The last scene was just about getting into a "made" man's head for just a few minutes. It was quite clever showing a family together enjoying each other's company. Unfortunately this is no ordinary family. Tony constantly looking at the door listen for the bell ringing each time, telling his wife about Carlo turning on him, dealing with the day to day grueling life of a head of a mafia family.

Nice showing the credits with no music at all. Everyone was guessing what type of music would play. I bet no one guessed right.
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:07 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
Anybody know where the finale has been uploaded on the internet so I can watch it? I didn't see anything on dailymotion yet.
Its already up for torrent download, going to check it out in a few min myself
[Reply]
elvomito 12:15 AM 06-11-2007
heh, guess i don't read

re: next post \/

i knew there was significance to those other people that were being focused on... like i said, good ending. there's also significance to the songs they showed Tony looking at. there's probably a lot more going on as well
[Reply]
Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 12:15 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement:
Per another board:

On the HBO board:

OK, at first I was really angry. I mean really, really angry. I can't believe though that no-one has posted by now what happened. The only thing I saw that was right, was that in the last scene we are seeing through Tony's eyes. Remember when he was speaking with Bobby...basically saying that you don't see it happening?

So here is what I found out. The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely Genius!!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).

Absolutely incredible!!!! There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and then it just ends. This was Chase's way of proving that he will not escape his past. It will not go on forever despite that he would like it to "don't stop". Not the fans!!! Tony would like it to keep going but just as we have to say goodbye, so does he. No more Tony and I guess we are supposed to be happy that Meadow didn't get clipped as well (she would have been between the shooter and Tony) since she is the only one worth a crap in that family.

Thank you David Chase for making it so obscure that I feel bad for hating you at first. Absolutely amazing!!!!

Interesting if those really are the people that were in the diner.

The guy at the counter has never been in the Soprano's before; he was an extra hired for this one episode. http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1360360.html

Check out that link; and those 2 black guys were not the ones who tried to kill Tony.
[Reply]
Miles 12:43 AM 06-11-2007
It was kind of odd and disjointed but I can see enough potential to look forward to next week.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 56
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Up